Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Complimentary Secondaries For A Sniper Primary?

Anarties

Question

22 answers to this question

^

Acrid is a great choice, but make sure you don't fall asleep from the boredom of it's usage.

Acrid is too ugly.

I need something that wont make sniping pointless.

Was looking at Embolist. As of right now I have Dual Vasto and Kunai. Was looking at some other options.

Embolist works well, but consumes a TON of ammo. I wouldnt choose it for a scenario where you're gonna have to rely on it, you'll find yourself ooa when you need it.

Acrid, Vastos, Gremlins, Bronco Prime, Despair [in no particular order, whichever you like best] IMO

Embolist works well, but consumes a TON of ammo. I wouldnt choose it for a scenario where you're gonna have to rely on it, you'll find yourself ooa when you need it.

Acrid, Vastos, Gremlins, Bronco Prime, Despair [in no particular order, whichever you like best] IMO

I have an ammo mutation mod for it.

Would that make you consider it in my case?

Edited by Anarties

I dont know. It just doesn't fit with my idea of a sniper loadout. You really have to get in their face (the range is only like 2-3x melee range) and so you've gotta have a pretty sturdy frame and mod setup, which I can't see a sniper setup having.

I just think you'd be frustrated at those guys halfway down the corridor that are too far for the Emoblist and its too inefficient to kill them with the Lanka.

Edit: Ammo problems persist even with a ammo mut, but its more managable. Take on too many heavies in a row and You'll start having problems (but I assume the Lanka would deal with the Heavies).

Edited by Darzk

Acrid is too ugly.

I need something that wont make sniping pointless.

Was looking at Embolist. As of right now I have Dual Vasto and Kunai. Was looking at some other options.

The only reason sniping wouldn't be pointless is if you had a secondary that somehow performs even worse to sniping, of which there are very few. This is assuming you don't have Svandal, and even that can't keep up with the fast pace of the game.

The logical compliment to a sniper rifle would be a weapon that's especially high DPS at close range. Usually this entails a high fire rate and a disregard for accuracy, although good accuracy never hurt anyone. The Acrid, Despair, Hikou, and Twin Gremlins all are high damage secondaries (because of armor ignore) and are actually effective at least up to medium ranges. If you refuse to use any of these because of your weird reasoning of wanting to gimp yourself, then there's always the Furis, Viper, and Bronco (and their akimbo counterparts) for your more "standard" sidearm-type weapons.

this thread made me remember that not everyone has a sniperton vandal, lolz.

Vipers/AFuris,

Bronco and Emboilst (personally very much like the Emboilst) are almost too close range for balanced use with snipers (lack of mid range options)

Gremlins are good all around guns with a strong close and mid range.

Havent heard great things about it but I suppose the Spectra is a fitting option too, though I personally have not tried that combo.

This is assuming that you plan on using your sniper only/mostly for long range, Personally, I have used my snipertron vandal with my Lex in a fastpaced Run'n'Gun playstyle ie at all ranges. Worked for me.

Edited by Roogan

Bronco Prime. It's a great secondary, a pocket hek. It ain't AP but since it benefits from pistol mods it ends up laughing at the Hek when fully modded.

Bronco is semi-midrange man. Just like Hek. Has a bit bigger spread but exactly 0 damage falloff with distance (as all pistols) that compensates that a lot.

Then again, it's not an endgame weapon like Acrid or Despair, but Imho it's worth the slot and the potato (and the formas)

Twin Gremlins, and maybe Dual Broncos.

They both work up close, and even past mid range.

Both are not the most accurate guns which means there is still a purpose to snipe.

To be fair though with 180% multishot both can work at long range if you don't mind wasting a bit of ammo, something will hit :)

Dual Broncos, Bronco Prime, Embolist, Despair, Hikou, Twin Vipers and Twin Gremlins are good choices.

Bronco series guns are really useful in a pinch, their high damage will easily dispatch any enemies that get close enough. Don't underestimate their performance at long range either! 

Embolist is lovely, but needs a couple of Formas and some trigger discipline for sustained usage. Happens to ignore armour as well, but be warned about her abysmal range.

Despair and Hikou are great if you can handle their trajectory and projectile velocities. They can cover you well at mid-to-close range and can sustain fire quite well with their quick reload speeds. Oh and they ignore armour.

Twin Vipers are the kind of guns that burn through your enemies and your ammunition supply at the same time. High burst damage, but ammo economy is very difficult to sustain.

Twin Gremlins are a nice option overall: good armour-ignoring damage, high stagger rate, automatic and good clip size. They'll serve you well in close range firefights where their projectile speed won't matter as much.