Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will there be a nidus prime?

Mazrou

On 2020-09-18 at 9:55 PM, M21112 said:

as the title says, i am a little confused because all the infested weapons are not primed, so i am not sure if i should waste the aura and umbra formas on my current nidus or should i keep it for the primed version...

all warframes are infested inside, nidus is just a warframe without refined outer armor plating. Nidus is just the warframe that uses infestion based abilties.
he will get a prime as all other warframes got primes.

8 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Maybe the first successful warframe. Ballas called Umbra subject nine and said he was a failure “like the others”. So for all we know, the very first attempt of a warframe could’ve been Nidus. But the infestation mutated and he had to be sealed away to prevent any spread. There is a lot DE hasn’t revealed. Like who the other “failures” are. 

When it comes to science I’ve noticed that they will call something the first when it is the first SUCCESSFUL attempt. Think planes and cars were successful on the very first attempt? But bet if you tried to look up the first vehicle or plane it will only show the ones that were successful. 

Excalibur could’ve just been the first successful attempt of a warframe THAT BALLAS CAN CONTROL. But even he mentioned how difficult it was to control them. Until the tenno came and “took away its pain”. Then there are new frames whose origins don’t match with the others at all. And we only hear their stories AFTER THE PRIME RELEASE. 

So my question is, why do people keep assuming Excalibur was the first attempt just cause it says he was the first OBVIOUSLY successful warframe? People don’t think about the first attempts, creators/inventors are usually only remembered by their first successes, not their “failures”. 

... because the game says he was the first?

Alright, tell you what, show me any kind of evidence suggesting that Nidus was a prototype, or the true "first Warframe". You're assuming that, and unlike Excalibur who has some form of confirmation, Nidus doesn't have any. 

Also, if Excalibur was the first successful Warframe Ballas could control, why would Nidus be exempt from that rule and therefore not be the first, or a prototype? Your hypothetical doesn't make any sense, your just guessing.

Should we consider Necramechs as the first Warframes because they were their successful predecessors? Ballas could easily control them and they had access to Void-abilities.

I'm also not sure where you're getting the whole "we only learn about their stories after the prime release" thing, they don't really include lore with Primes anymore outside of the older ones like Ember or indirectly through Prime Trailers. 

Finally, Ballas never said anything about a subject nine or how Umbra was a failure like the rest. He was specifically made so Ballas could torture him for trying to ruin his revenge, that's why he still has his memory and why Ballas made him essentially immortal. He put a Transference Bolt on him, he even stated he'd be a surrogate body like other Warframes, meaning he wasn't the first either.

Unless you can find that quote for me I'm not inclined to believe you.

Just look at the new infested/orokin fish in the Cambion Drift.

They go from Orokin to Infested, gradually. Nidus prime will likely either be like these fish (infested flesh coming out of twisted Orokin filigree) or like the fully-infested variants, where the ornate Orokin details have grown in to luxurious fins and tendrils that mimic the Orokin style but maintaining the Infested aesthetic. Imagine Nidus with really fancy growths and tendrils that bend and curve like orokin metal but made of flesh.

• 8 months later...

Archived