Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8 wave (E)SO bounty for Simaris standing

PhillTheVoid

I would like to see a bounty for SO and ESO to help with match making and reward staying in until at least wave 8. This could go a long way towards fixing the biggest frustrations with these game modes (other than Simaris getting cranky about you using abilities). Same concept as we have for Eidolon hunts. I think it would be thematically appropriate to keep paying out a small sum for every 2 rounds after that, but not necessary to the core idea.

Suggested payout:
SO: 1000 standing at wave 8. (+50 standing every 2 waves after)
ESO: 2000 standing at wave 8. (+100 standing every 2 waves after)

Host migrations are super common and extra detrimental when you're on limited time and resources. Helminth brought us the need to farm standing and another Khora. The rewards I'm suggesting would still not be the fastest way to farm standing by far, but would be a nice alternative. It would improve player experience, has precedent with other similar matchmaking bounties, has a new relevant need, works with Simaris' narrative, and it would not significantly undermine current farming mechanics. Can we make this a thing?

Huh, Simaris standing for doing ESO? I can get behind it. Both with the Helminth and having Companion rivens, amongst other goodies, Simaris does have a decent Standing sink that players probably won't burn out of within just a few days.

I can never find myself being "bothered" to play ESO even though I still need the drops from there. I actually have a Nightwave challenge that keeps being recycled that I neglect. Using ESO as a way of getting Simaris standing would actually interest me enough to play it more often.

4 hours ago, PhillTheVoid said:

I would like to see a bounty for SO and ESO to help with match making and reward staying in until at least wave 8. This could go a long way towards fixing the biggest frustrations with these game modes (other than Simaris getting cranky about you using abilities). Same concept as we have for Eidolon hunts. I think it would be thematically appropriate to keep paying out a small sum for every 2 rounds after that, but not necessary to the core idea.

Suggested payout:
SO: 1000 standing at wave 8. (+50 standing every 2 waves after)
ESO: 2000 standing at wave 8. (+100 standing every 2 waves after)

Host migrations are super common and extra detrimental when you're on limited time and resources. Helminth brought us the need to farm standing and another Khora. The rewards I'm suggesting would still not be the fastest way to farm standing by far, but would be a nice alternative. It would improve player experience, has precedent with other similar matchmaking bounties, has a new relevant need, works with Simaris' narrative, and it would not significantly undermine current farming mechanics. Can we make this a thing?

lol you can get 30000 standing with ivara alone on a single mission while invisible and scanning. no way would people waste time for 1000/2000 standing on eso when there are way way way better options.

11 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

lol you can get 30000 standing with ivara alone on a single mission while invisible and scanning. no way would people waste time for 1000/2000 standing on eso when there are way way way better options.

The fact that there are vastly better options is exactly why I think it's a reasonable request. Same for Eidolon bounties, its much fastest to farm Ostron standing by sleeping every critter you see. The point is matchmaking with just enough incentive to use the system.

Archived