Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embolist Purpose / Concept Change

AlchemistMute

Good day, fellow Tenno. The Embolist, simply put, does not live up to it's Mastery Rank or cost. Even if it were made to match, it'd probably be dirt cheap. It deals 150 DPS in a 6 meter cone that hits every target in its cone. What's the point? Is it supposed to be an Ignis in secondary form? Every other continuous weapon has a purpose. The Flux Rifle is a single-target, precise damage dealer. The Ignis trades damage for an AoE, making it both a crowd controller and a crowd killer. The Synapse trades accuracy and damage type for tons of raw damage, making it good vs. certain enemies.

But the Embolist? There seems to be some curse with the secondary continuous weapons. They're both pretty bad. I could go into details for the Spectra, but that's for another topic. The Embolist deals a pretty good amount of DPS, and it deals poison damage, so it's not the worst pistol in the world. But the main issue is that it has no niche. It deals armor-ignoring damage, and a good amount. If damage is all you want from your secondary, grab an Acrid. Let's make the Embolist interesting and useful.

EV1X68Y.png

1. Keep it's damage type at Poison, but reduce the damage dealt from 150 to 100. 100 damage per second. Change the ammo consumption rate to 5 ammo per second, too. This thing is going to be made an acid hose, and it should be able to sustain fire for some time.

2. Change it's clip size from 100 to 75. That's 15 seconds of firing with a reload speed of 1.5 seconds.

3. Give it an arc. It's shooting acid, and liquid from a hose arcs downward after some distance.

4. Of course, increase the damn range. 6 meters is pathetic. 20 meters allows it to abuse it's puncture and fire into a crowd easily.

5. And, the important part. 40% of the damage it deals per hit is removed from the enemy's armor. With 5 ammo and no mods, it'd remove 40 armor. Firing it into a crowd would result in reducing every enemy's armor by a bit, and sustaining fire would help to increase effectiveness of weapons that can deal more damage when unrestricted by armor.

TL;DR: 100 --> 75 clip size. 150 --> 100 damage per second. 5 ammo per second. Arc. 6 --> 20 meter range. 40% damage dealt is removed from enemy armor.

What do you think? The purpose of this new Embolist is to shave off the armor of crowds. Just think of how amazing it'd be to fire an Ogris, or Soma, or Gorgon, or Ignis, or something similar into this weakened crowd. Not only that, but you could mod it with ice mods to make it a crowd controller as well. Damage isn't really the point here.. the point is making other weapons deal all the damage it should.

Thanks for reading, everyone. What's your thoughts on this new Embolist? Leave your comments down below.

Edited by AlchemistMute

yup

i love embolist design so muh

yet i so feel like using moskito killer

i just want the feeling of a weapon

idk even pressured gaz could make it instead

Edited by Tsoe

Ok, how many of you have actually used it more then at least once?

the Embolist is a great weapon with a very unique playstyle, and it doesnt need to reduce armor because it's target will be dead in less then a moment.

yea, maybe it could use a bit of a buff just to match its cost and requirements, like they said they plan on doing, but it certainly does not need any mechanic reworks.

plus the idea of a continuous type weapon reducing armor is bad for gameplay, and would work better with a high power slower shooting weapon, like some sort of shotgun or sniper rifle, so that you can use it in tandem with your primary weapon by quickly switching between the two, having to keep it aimed on the target as you would here, you might as well just shoot and kill your enemy with a normal gun.

Ok, how many of you have actually used it more then at least once?

the Embolist is a great weapon with a very unique playstyle, and it doesnt need to reduce armor because it's target will be dead in less then a moment.

yea, maybe it could use a bit of a buff just to match its cost and requirements, like they said they plan on doing, but it certainly does not need any mechanic reworks.

plus the idea of a continuous type weapon reducing armor is bad for gameplay, and would work better with a high power slower shooting weapon, like some sort of shotgun or sniper rifle, so that you can use it in tandem with your primary weapon by quickly switching between the two, having to keep it aimed on the target as you would here, you might as well just shoot and kill your enemy with a normal gun.

Unique?

Ever heard of the Ignis?

I've always wanted a gas Ignis. Got the Embolist instead, but I ended up liking it a lot and have 3 Formas on it. Only gripes I have with it are

1) Abysmal range. A slight increase would do.

2) Ammo consumption. Manageable, but ammo economy is still quite poor

i like the OPs idea but i wont to see "

kinda like the opposite of all the other Continuous fire weapons, like with the Spectra and others there like half a second before its full range.

so have it like a long range splash(like projectile vomiting lol) of acid on tap maybe no range cap just a step ark on it, that has a litle bit of splash dmg.

then when you hold down the trigger the range quickly gets shorter and the spray gets wider until its as it is now.

i kinda like the idea of it being the opposite to a charge weapon, the longer you go with out using it the more dmg.range it has.

as in it has a recovery time because its alive and only has so much stamina. so if shot in short burst its a long range weapon like no other.

like its master lvl 8 and costs an arm and a leg. make the thing stronger then the acrid and a hell of a lot more "Unique"