Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Chroma Cold Elemental Ward reflect all incoming projectiles?

GrimSinner

Question

I read the wiki, it says cold reflects incoming projectiles but not melee, but when I test out cold elemental ward in the sim, no hitscan bullets or projectiles seem to be reflected and I die very fast.  It appears to do nothing other than increase armor.  Am I missing something on how it is supposed to work?  I was expecting to be a lot more tanky.

4 answers to this question

reflected Ranged attacks are reflected directly back towards the attacker, which can mean that the attacker does not get hit back if one or both of you is moving and the Line of Sight from your Character and the Enemy gets obstructed.

you also still take the Damage, it's not like you bypass it.
if you were expecting to be invulnerable to Ranged attacks, that's not what it does. it reflects hits back to Enemies with a bit of a Multiplier and sometimes applies Ice Status to them.

11 minutes ago, GrimSinner said:

cold reflects incoming projectiles

"Damage Reflection" in Warframe means that what damage you take, enemies will also take, possibly modified in some way.

It doesn't let you avoid taking damage in the first place (if it did, Cold EW would be counterproductive to charging up Vex Armor).

Just did the testing myself on my Valkyr with cold Ward, Projectiles and hitscan do reflect back, but you have to remember (math time)

Say the enemy shoots for 100 damage, our armor/damage reduction will reduce that to (if you are at 90% damage reduction) to 10 damage, with my valkyrs strength it gets multiplied by 8.4x. Now I send that 84 cold damage back to the enemy that shot me and then their damage reduction reduces it again, making cold ward not an ability to do damage with, but to apply cold procs to slow enemies down and buff your armor*.

*Remember cold ward multiplies BASE armor, so flimsy frames like nyx gain practically nothing, but beefy frames like Valkyr will gain a hefty chunk of armor

Archived