Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New to the glassmaker thing

Nicole_Jung

Question

I came back recently(like yesterday) after a while, last time I was playing the nightwave thing had just come out, and I didn't do any of it before taking a break.
And I just tried the glassmaker puzzle, I found the evidence on the first one, but I needed glassmaker standing(I think?), and I think I got that from killing cephalite enemies(again I think?). But when I tried again I was put on this corpus ship, which is the second puzzle, and after I found another 5 evidence, I interacted with the glass dude again and I got teleported to another world, and since I had no idea what I was doing I obviously failed.
And when I tried again I am now on the third puzzle, and Nora is acting as if I did the first and second one, and tells me more story that I do not understand yet. Can I just not do the first 2 anymore?

3 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, Nicole_Jung said:

I came back recently(like yesterday) after a while, last time I was playing the nightwave thing had just come out, and I didn't do any of it before taking a break.
And I just tried the glassmaker puzzle, I found the evidence on the first one, but I needed glassmaker standing(I think?), and I think I got that from killing cephalite enemies(again I think?). But when I tried again I was put on this corpus ship, which is the second puzzle, and after I found another 5 evidence, I interacted with the glass dude again and I got teleported to another world, and since I had no idea what I was doing I obviously failed.
And when I tried again I am now on the third puzzle, and Nora is acting as if I did the first and second one, and tells me more story that I do not understand yet. Can I just not do the first 2 anymore?

Because you're coming in so late in the episodes, it's automatically pushing you forward.  As I recall you can always click on the number for the episode and redo it.  When you get the answers correctly and you solve them when you're in the weave (each platform reached after the three choices given), you'll be awarded 7,000 reputation at the end of the puzzles.  

Spoiler

The evidence you find has bolded/different coloured words and numbers necessary to making the right choice to progress to the next platform.  Otherwise it's the object(s) you examined in the evidence for the episode.

Hello. So, I am still new to Warframe, as in I started about 2 months ago. I found the Nightwave and Glassmaker bit a bit tricky to get into. I'll do my best to hopefully answer any issues you might be having. Feel free to ask any questions too, if something doesn't seem right. 

So, for myself, personally, I was getting confused because there are different ways to access the series. Of which, the current is the Glassmaker. You can get to Glassmaker via the Navigator or through the Radio Scanner on board your ship. The first through times I attempted Glassmaker the locations kept changing... its because as the other player mentions, its putting you through the different episodes. So current series is Glassmaker, and there are 4 episodes, with a fifth/final coming soon. 

If you access Nightwave through the Radio Scanner (its the thing that Nora speaks out of) you cam access each each episode from 1 to current. Also if you would like, you can watch/get info from past Series, like The Wolf of Saturn Six and The Emissary (I missed out on those too) - you can also look at what you can buy with the Crystal Creds you earn as well. Also you are correct about Cephalite Resonance, which drops from the crystal/glass enemies. this currency, you can use, on the Episodes end bit, which is like a test/quiz for the Episode you find the clues in. 

Sorry if this sounds a bit complicated. So you didn't lose those Episodes you mentioned, you can find them through the Radio Scanner. Should be a Hexagon like shape on the lower right side of the screen. You can choose any Episode. You pick an Episode, and you go through and find 5 clues. Like the other user mentioned, with each clue, their will be an important detail. When you interact with the glass/crystal body in each Episode, again, after finding the clues. It gives you the option to travel to a different place... I don't know what this place is called, but yes, its a different world/look. There is a timer and its super confusing the first time you are there. Basically, as I mentioned earlier, this is the quiz/test part. You should see three floating platforms. Each will have a different variable appearing. This variable will coincide with the clues you collected. This variable will also differ slightly. 

So for example. In your Episode, you find 5 clues, and one of the clues might be a sword. In the test, it will ask you, "what did the victim use to defend themselves?" and it will show you three weapons on three different platforms. A glaive, a hammer, and a sword. You jump to the platform, that has the sword on it. Then... it will ask you a new question, also with the answer based on your clues/evidence. If you correctly jump to each right answer, you solve the crime/episode. 

Again, sorry if this sounds complicated and tricky. Especially, especially the first time. Also, the clues are different for each person. Well... I mean, they are different enough that no one can just give you the answers in a direct way. Basically you have to look at your clues, and note what names are bolded, familiarise yourself with symbols or key items. Also the more you try them, the easier it gets. 

If you have any questions, please ask. I didn't like it at first, but now, am excited for the next one. Hope you have fun too! 

On the plus side, failing was hotfixed. Previously failing to solve the Weave (this being the 'strange world with timer') would knock you back to the crime scene and you lost your Cephalite Resonance (the stuff collected on mission by killing enemies with crystals on them) apparently it no longer costs Resonance; I can't verify myself as I'm up to Case 5 when DE release it though.

Cephalites, this being Nora's name for the enemies coated in crystals; are invulnerable to any attack. The idea is to break off the crystals either by accurate shots or melee hits, once broken they have regular weaknesses but be warned; some glow orange and you hear a wheeeeeeeeeee! sound. If not out of range when they explode it damages everything including you and your companions so be careful. On death they can drop Cephalite Resonance which gives you attempts at the Weave.

Resonance caps at 20 and you gain no more until using however this is part of Nightwave reputation not all. Each Cephalite dead awards 30 reputation regularly but completing Weaves awards 7,000 Nightwave reputation by themselves and completing tasks offered on a daily and weekly basis is most effective way to gain Ranks.

See a task like "Complete 3 Railjack Missions" but don't have one? Either join up with friends, Clanmates or random people if you want the reputation or skip it- you aren't punished for not doing tasks. I'm on Prestige Rank 10 and not once killed Profit-Taker or caught 6 Rare Fish in Plains of Eidolon.

Prestige Ranks are earned after you complete the main 30 Ranks and just offer 15 Nightwave Credits every 10,000 Nightwave Reputation points; really the goodies are just for the main 30.

Every Nightwave follows this same pattern and once a Nightwave Season/ Series ends an Intermission begins which offers rewards returning from previous seasons to allow all players a fair chance at getting the rewards.

Archived