Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ways id buff Helmith abilities

--Aegis--RocketPenguin

Energized munitions- Id just make it recastable because theres always a few seconds were you miss that 75% eff and on guns like the soma that will be important not to miss. A duration buff could be nice just for QoL but its not needed.

Expedite Suffering- Make it a duration based ability where all the tic dmg you deal is done instantly because right now no matter what   wouldnt be used because you have to cast it and it only reaches infront of you. If you do this it would make it a lot more desirable with some pretty fun possible combos with warframes ex. protea, garuda, sayrn but not op because its basically for impatient people(like me)

Infested mobility- Double the duration(its wayyyyy too short for an ability that doesnt do any damage and is only there for basically fun and maybe capture missions) and make it recastable

Master summons- Make it teleport your pet to you and make it make your pet completely invinsible to all damage for the duration of the ability and this would even still be pretty weak because your pet not dying is nice but it takes up a slot ability slot. So even then id add a damage buff to it giving your pet 3x damage during that duration and make it so your pets abilities have longer durations and range on abilities, all should be buffed by your warframes strength.(maybe even increase their movement speed and enemy targeting speed)

PS; for pets fix there attacks so they dont miss because why should they be able to miss its not like theyre murdering entire rooms like us tenno.

you could make Energized Munitions an Energy Drain, i guess. no opinion on that.

as being someone that would be directly impacted by Expedite Suffering on a regular basis - making it a Duration Ability defeats the entire purpose and usefulness of it. i don't want to give a bit of a Damage buff to every one of my individual Shots, i want to bathe an Enemy(ies) in DoT's and then delete everything in front of me.

Infested Mobility has to be in line with the other Abilities that provide speed increases. Infested Mobility is stronger than all of those, but it doesn't have a very long Duration. that is your tradeoff.

(yes, dogs/cats/MOAs/Et Cetera shouldn't have such trouble with their Melee attacks missing at point blank Range - their Animations are even clipping through the Enemy half the time and they can still miss? makes no sense)

23 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I think expedite suffering needs to lose the cast animation and just happen instantly in the cone. And it should work on heat procs aswell.

It should work with all DoT effects (Electricity, Heat, Poison, Gas, Slash). So, the now dead gas builds can have some viability.

17 hours ago, taiiat said:

as being someone that would be directly impacted by Expedite Suffering on a regular basis - making it a Duration Ability defeats the entire purpose and usefulness of it. i don't want to give a bit of a Damage buff to every one of my individual Shots, i want to bathe an Enemy(ies) in DoT's and then delete everything in front of me.

Infested Mobility has to be in line with the other Abilities that provide speed increases. Infested Mobility is stronger than all of those, but it doesn't have a very long Duration. that is your tradeoff.

I guess then make expedite suffering a fireblast like ability just anything that's not a little done infront of you, I still like an ability for inpatient people tho.

For infested mobility. What ability are you talking about?

Speed(volt)- gives attack speed buff so it's stronger than it

Reservoir (wisp)- gives a attack speed buff too

Firewaller(nezha)- gives cc and and fire procs

Molt(sayrn) - gives a really good decoy and a status removal

Effigy(chroma)- is trash

Max rush(Gauss)- is synergy to gausses entire kit

Yes infested mobility is the best movement buffing ability but that's all it does. so give it a high duration it needs it.

51 minutes ago, --Aegis--RocketPenguin said:

I guess then make expedite suffering a fireblast like ability just anything that's not a little done infront of you, I still like an ability for inpatient people tho.

For infested mobility. What ability are you talking about?
Yes infested mobility is the best movement buffing ability but that's all it does. so give it a high duration it needs it.

Expedite Suffering already is an Ability for being impatient for the most part, since it's taking DoT's and converting it into AoE Damage :P
making it Spherical would obviously be better, but that's also kinda sounding like an easier to use version of Marked for Death now, doesn't it? and would have the two offering very similar features.

that is exactly what i was saying. it is the best thing for the feature it offers, but has a consideration for it. however other Abilities remain relevant choices by that they may offer Movement Speed in some fashion, but less, but may compensate for this by offering other features.
this sounds quite balanced if you ask me.

50 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Expedite Suffering already is an Ability for being impatient for the most part, since it's taking DoT's and converting it into AoE Damage :P
making it Spherical would obviously be better, but that's also kinda sounding like an easier to use version of Marked for Death now, doesn't it? and would have the two offering very similar features.

that is exactly what i was saying. it is the best thing for the feature it offers, but has a consideration for it. however other Abilities remain relevant choices by that they may offer Movement Speed in some fashion, but less, but may compensate for this by offering other features.
this sounds quite balanced if you ask me.

I mean i guess it would kinda be like marked for death but it wouldnt be easier to use because for marked for death you gotta just click an enemy once and press x while using rapier. Either way its needs a buff in some way because its kinda meh for an ability you get at a high helmith rank.

I mean i get that, infested mobility is specialized into movement more than any other abiltiy but that doesnt mean it has to only last 8 seconds. Like if were comparing it to other abilities like speed, it lasts 10seconds, buffs teamates, increases reload, increases speed 10% less than helmith, and buffs melee attackspeed. So it loses all that, gains 30% parkour speed and also loses 2 seconds. I dont think thats a good tradeoff. Its just a fun ability thats not going to be used anywhere except some fun builds so i dont think its well balanced, its too weak and will probably only be used in youtube videos with gauss/titania especially since it also has an energy of 50 which is double the cost of speed, firewalker, and resaviour.

2 hours ago, --Aegis--RocketPenguin said:

Either way its needs a buff in some way because its kinda meh for an ability you get at a high helmith rank.

assuming that you cannot Kill Enemies in the blink of an eye (which for most Abilities is a pre-requisite for them being useful so we have to entertain this), over the course of a second or two, apply a cloud of DoT's to an Enemy(ies).
then consume all of those DoT's and deal the total Damage that they would have done in a cone in front of you(potentially boosted if you have increased Strength), instantly Killing any and all Enemy(ies) that are in front of you generally irregardless of its Level(special Enemies like some Bosses and Et Cetera notwithstanding).

now, the Ability definitely should allow Gas Fire and Electric DoT's be used here, there's no reason why these DoT's should be arbitrarily excluded.

i'd even be willing to include any Damage over Time, from any source. as long as it's a type that has a finite Duration and so can be consumed. so like, an Enemy that's taking Damage from Magnetize? cancel the Ability and deal all remaining Damage to the Enemy. Miasma? the same. Scarab Swarm, Hallowed Ground, Prism, Tornado, Discharge, you name it. if it has a finite Duration and deals Damage over time, cancel the Ability and deal all current remaining Damage to whoever is currently being affected. whatever level of Damage the Enemy would have taken if nothing changed until the end of the Ability.

Archived