The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros needs a rework or we need a new summoner frame, here is my idea....

(PSN)CoolTRG

i have been on and off about sending this concept to the community but i've decided to do it, this is a nekros rework concept, but also could be a new frame entirely.

i  will update later with a full list of abilities with all stats and what mods affect them.

please help me get the attention of DE i really want there to truly be a summoner frame for all summoners out there that is reasonable.

and this shouldn't be the end, this should be the start everyone who is a true summoner, we wont get the frames we need unless we speak up! submit your summoner frames to this topic and even make your own! we still need a hive type summoner like nidus and a good guardian type summoner like atlas or khora! We have tons of stealth, tank, dps, cc, speed, support, defense, mage, and all types of other frames! so why not a couple of summoners? 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VnIo-IYKy6wM1NeKTxmDuutmxw_VVXVJSISyQrW952o/edit?usp=sharing it on a google doc.

• 2 weeks later...

While spirits are technically within line of a Necromancer, I still get more of a "Shaman" vibe from this build.  Which honestly I think could make for an amazing frame.

I do think Nekros needs a rework, badly.  I just don't think this is the rework for him.

Nekros is my #1 despite my best efforts to take him down.

I hate shadow users.....they rank up there with limbo and frost users.

- I hate all 1 abilities in the game unless they are the cone attacks.   Soul Punch is beyond worthless.

-Terror just needs a simple freaking tweak to make enemies come TOWARDS nekros instead of away or at the very least stun them in place (and the augment could make them slowly walk towards nekros).  Running away I get, but in terms of gameplay its beyond stupid and worthless.  In limited maps its even game breaking, making enemies run to places you cant get to.    If Terror ever got turned into a Crowd Control worth a damn it would also be cool if it synergized with desocrate.   Enemies who are terrorfied and are desocrated have 100% drop rate.

-3 is perfect..  except like I said it should INSTANTLY convert corpses to loot so its useful on the move.

-4 either needs generic ghost soldiers that are 99% translucent or it needs to become a massive AoE attack  like soul punch x100 where souls/ghosts fllood out of nekros like a wave and damage everything within range.  

---------------------

My Nekros is injected with gara's spectrorage and its awesome.  I am amazed so few people haved used Spectrorage in general.   Its a freaking awesome ability.  It causes enemies who get to close to lose aggro on anyone near the ring and they walk into the ring and begin attacking themselves.  You can augment it to make enemies who die inside the ring to drop energy orbs also.   So you have nekros dropping HP and Energy orbs if you wanted to...   I need to try it but I stick with desocrate augment for now... 

Still this keeps Nekros incredibly safe as long as he has ring up, makes all the enemies approach him and get shot/cut to pieces and converted.    This is what I always wanted from Terror and it works like a charm.  

But I still would love to see Nekros with some offensive abilities.    Spectrorage spam uses alot of energy but I think he could make it work.

9 hours ago, AltairFerenc said:

Nekros needs a new 1 and 2 and the shadows needs to scale with enemy level so they are more than damage reduction
A new summoner frame is to my liking too.

This.  My personal suggestion over and over was to give Nekros an exalted pet.  A death knight or something cool.  % of the mods in your pet go to your SOTD.  Definitely would help them scale then.

Make the 1 a teleport/aoe attack with your pet, so you can quickly move them to where you need.

12 hours ago, Klaleara said:

This.  My personal suggestion over and over was to give Nekros an exalted pet.  A death knight or something cool.  % of the mods in your pet go to your SOTD.  Definitely would help them scale then.

Make the 1 a teleport/aoe attack with your pet, so you can quickly move them to where you need.

Honestly I'm not sure about that. Nekros is a necromancer the shadows already take away enemy attention and give reduction and a pet on top of that might be just too much, also it would just be another khora.
But a nice idea still.

On 2020-10-11 at 2:44 AM, AltairFerenc said:

Honestly I'm not sure about that. Nekros is a necromancer the shadows already take away enemy attention and give reduction and a pet on top of that might be just too much, also it would just be another khora.
But a nice idea still.

Definitely doesn't make it another Khora.  There are like 4 frames that can go invisible, doesn't mean they are all Loki's.

Plus a single additional pet, going from 7-8 is not exactly a big a difference.  The main difference is adding additional damage.  I also think they should make Shield of Shadows base, and nerf it.  Maybe to 5% each instead of 6% or something.  Annoying that Nekros has 2 augments that almost every Nekros needs to run (As long as they are using SOTD anyways).

Imo, Despoil should be base too, and make it so loot (Ammo/health/energy still drops) is the augment.  Hell, I'd prefer removing the loot part part from Desecrate entirely.  Make a corpse explosion ability instead, way more fun.  And then Nekros might actually get a rework then, since the only use it gets is farming, people might see how little use he would get outside of that.

With hte Exalted pet and his teleport on 1, also make it so holding it will teleport the entire army (Removes the attack though).  Makes it so Nekros is far more mobile, and SOTD is more useful outside of just defense missions (And long range dmg reduction).

On 2020-10-08 at 8:24 AM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Nekros is my #1 despite my best efforts to take him down.

I hate shadow users.....they rank up there with limbo and frost users.

- I hate all 1 abilities in the game unless they are the cone attacks.   Soul Punch is beyond worthless.

-Terror just needs a simple freaking tweak to make enemies come TOWARDS nekros instead of away or at the very least stun them in place (and the augment could make them slowly walk towards nekros).  Running away I get, but in terms of gameplay its beyond stupid and worthless.  In limited maps its even game breaking, making enemies run to places you cant get to.    If Terror ever got turned into a Crowd Control worth a damn it would also be cool if it synergized with desocrate.   Enemies who are terrorfied and are desocrated have 100% drop rate.

-3 is perfect..  except like I said it should INSTANTLY convert corpses to loot so its useful on the move.

-4 either needs generic ghost soldiers that are 99% translucent or it needs to become a massive AoE attack  like soul punch x100 where souls/ghosts fllood out of nekros like a wave and damage everything within range.  

---------------------

My Nekros is injected with gara's spectrorage and its awesome.  I am amazed so few people haved used Spectrorage in general.   Its a freaking awesome ability.  It causes enemies who get to close to lose aggro on anyone near the ring and they walk into the ring and begin attacking themselves.  You can augment it to make enemies who die inside the ring to drop energy orbs also.   So you have nekros dropping HP and Energy orbs if you wanted to...   I need to try it but I stick with desocrate augment for now... 

Still this keeps Nekros incredibly safe as long as he has ring up, makes all the enemies approach him and get shot/cut to pieces and converted.    This is what I always wanted from Terror and it works like a charm.  

But I still would love to see Nekros with some offensive abilities.    Spectrorage spam uses alot of energy but I think he could make it work.

what you are saying doesnt really conribute to the idea of what is being elaborated on id suggest if you are looking to talk about nekros as a farming frame then go to another spot this is for summoners and the concepts of that. you are literally saying of getting rid of the ability that is his most important and also his summons being degraded to standardized units as they are would just be another failure like atlas, i say this with the least agro as i can please leave until you learn the practicalities of summons you sound dumb.

40 minutes ago, Klaleara said:

Definitely doesn't make it another Khora.  There are like 4 frames that can go invisible, doesn't mean they are all Loki's.

Plus a single additional pet, going from 7-8 is not exactly a big a difference.  The main difference is adding additional damage.  I also think they should make Shield of Shadows base, and nerf it.  Maybe to 5% each instead of 6% or something.  Annoying that Nekros has 2 augments that almost every Nekros needs to run (As long as they are using SOTD anyways).

Imo, Despoil should be base too, and make it so loot (Ammo/health/energy still drops) is the augment.  Hell, I'd prefer removing the loot part part from Desecrate entirely.  Make a corpse explosion ability instead, way more fun.  And then Nekros might actually get a rework then, since the only use it gets is farming, people might see how little use he would get outside of that.

With hte Exalted pet and his teleport on 1, also make it so holding it will teleport the entire army (Removes the attack though).  Makes it so Nekros is far more mobile, and SOTD is more useful outside of just defense missions (And long range dmg reduction).

no i agree with altair it literaly is like another khora and i dont agree with the idea with an exalted companion, though i do agree with an exalted ability. a slot to modify the stats of your shadows, i also think that instead of changing desecrate i think it should be included into the synergy of his abilities.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Cool_TRG said:

what you are saying doesnt really conribute to the idea of what is being elaborated on id suggest if you are looking to talk about nekros as a farming frame then go to another spot this is for summoners and the concepts of that. you are literally saying of getting rid of the ability that is his most important and also his summons being degraded to standardized units as they are would just be another failure like atlas, i say this with the least agro as i can please leave until you learn the practicalities of summons you sound dumb.

1.  Exactly, his most important ability should not be desecrate, that is exactly my point.  He is Nekros, the Lord of the Dead, not Bob the Farmer.  Thanks for proving my point

2.  Most of what I said is about his summons, not sure why you're getting uppity. 

3.  Nothing of what I said talked about degrading the summons?  Literally talking about upgrading them, and nothing less. (Cept the minor nerf to the damage reduction I guess.  But its minor, and a huge buff to Nekros in general due to becoming base and opening an entire mod slot)

4.  You're rude as hell lol

1 minute ago, Klaleara said:

1.  Exactly, his most important ability should not be desecrate, that is exactly my point.  Thanks for proving my point

2.  Most of what I said is about his summons, not sure why you're getting uppity. 

3.  Nothing of what I said talked about degrading the summons?  Literally talking about upgrading them, and nothing less. (Cept the minor nerf to the damage reduction I guess.  But its minor, and a huge buff to Nekros in general due to becoming base and opening an entire mod slot)

4.  You're rude as hell lol

i was saying that to another person and also i dont like people like them. i think your cool but you are like me before i read this i think you will understand what i mean when you read his concept for a 3 its amazing and it allows him to farm passively instead of primarily. 

On 2020-10-01 at 1:47 PM, Azamagon said:

We doing a Nekros rework? Ok, here we go:

Passive - Reap

• Whenever Nekros, his companion or one of his minion kills an enemy, or if an enemy dies within 10 meters of Nekros, he regains 5 health.

Soul Punch

• Rip at a target's soul, dealing damage to it, knocking down the enemy while also taking part of its soul.
  • Damage to the target is 150/250/350/500 True damage, plus another 0,7/0,8/0,9/1,0 True damage per point of health the target was missing (i.e. instakill it if at 41/44/47/50% health)
  • Creates a soul-fragment from the enemy, which quickly flies towards Nekros. Once this soul reaches Nekros it heals him and all allies within Affinity Radius for 15/25/35/50 health per second for 10 seconds. In addition, it heals all his Shadow of the Dead minions (wherever they are) equal to 10% of the total Soul Punch damage every second, for 10 seconds.
  • Strength affects the flat amount of damage/heal. Range increases the castrange and travelling speed of the soul (more range = faster). Duration increases the healing duration (without altering the amount of heal per tick).

Terrify

• Fears ALL nearby enemies (no longer target-limitted). No longer reduces armor, but instead increases all damage taken of affected enemies by 15/25/35/50% (still Strength-moddable), which now also affects Bosses - even if they are immune to the fear.
  • Furthermore, if an affected enemy has ran away in fear for 3 seconds (non-moddable) without taking any damage from a player, they will stand still and cower in fear, until they take damage again (resetting the 3 second "cower-countdown"). This is so it doesn't disperse enemies TOO much without the augment.
  • Augment = Creeping Terrify = Also causes enemies who stand still from the cowering effect to be opened to finishers.

Desecrate

• In addition to gaining loot from the corpse, it now also creates a small ghastly apparition at its location. The apparition tries to seek out an enemy within 20 meters (unmoddable) to haunt it, attaching itself to the target and weakening it, otherwise remaining still at its location.
    • If an apparition cannot find an enemy to haunt within its radius, it can attach itself to a Shadows of the Dead minion, waiting inside of the minion until an enemy comes within its 20 meter haunting radius - then it will leap out of the minion and haunt the enemy. Note that attaching to a Shadow minion has no negative effect on it.
  • The haunting effect reduces the enemy's damage resistance by 10/15/20/25% (unmoddable). Note that this is the same kind of weakening as Atlas' Petrify does (i.e. something like Cloned Flesh, which is 75% more vulnerable to Viral, becomes 100% more vulnerable to Viral!
  • Apparitions have a lifespan of 25/30/35/40 seconds (Durationmoddable), which ticks down wether it remains still, haunts an enemy, or waits inside a Shadow minion.
  • If a haunted enemy (or minion holding an apparition) dies, the apparition will deattach at the location of where the enemy was killed, now able to seek out another enemy (or cling on to a minion). It can keep doing this repeatedly for its entire lifetime-duration.

Shadows of the Dead

• Casttime vastly sped up.
  • Tapcast summons minions like now (based on what you and your Shadows have killed). Holdcast summons minions instead based on corpses within 25/30/35/40 meters - note that this does not remove the corpse (for the sake of Desecrate), it just copies them.
    • Whichever summoning method you use, it always tops up any potential remaining minion-slots with the help of the other method. Meaning, if you for example summon 5 minions by tapcasting (i.e. by calling from the "killed"-list, with those 5 being all you have on the list), it will try to top up with 2 more minions by copying from corpses within range. And vice versa.
  • Casting SotD ALWAYS tops up all current minions to max health and brings them closer, wether you are summoning more minions or not.

Something like this wouldn't be too bad, eh?

On 2020-10-02 at 12:22 PM, (PS4)Cool_TRG said:

i think its good and it adds advantage to his 3rd but do apparitions spawn from dead enemies? also, the shadows wouldnt work, removing a summon cap would be op and also could lag out games, and i think soul punch shouldn't be an ability like that but instead could be an ethereal scythe attack (I'm pretty sure you said that but someone did) that would do damage like a multi hit attack that depending on either the amount of total enemies he's killed or the amount he has summoned, the damage could be amplified, 

i also think that it would be cool if the scythe attack did only slash damage and had a 100% chance to cut the enemy in half on death and was an exalted slot,

it would be an interesting way to tie the warframe together because if he used his desecrate it would debuff enemies constantly while giving him energy for his first ability 

that could be amplified by your amount of shadows, but also cut enemies in half giving him more energy and health orbs 

i think that terrify could also be changed to be better, what if when terrify is used his shadows create a smaller terrify around them too? and if a haunted enemy is hit by terrify it makes them explode with a radial soul punch and will chain to other haunted enemies? i think that it would be a good way to tie his kit together and make his farming ability not only viable in combat, but actually used constantly! i also think that when using creeping terrify, shadows should also be able to finisher terrified enemies.

you think his 3 needs to be entirely changed but what if instead of thinking of it as farming what about consuming the dead to fuel his energy and health while also supporting his team?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Cool_TRG said:

i was saying that to another person and also i dont like people like them. i think your cool but you are like me before i read this i think you will understand what i mean when you read his concept for a 3 its amazing and it allows him to farm passively instead of primarily. 

you think his 3 needs to be entirely changed but what if instead of thinking of it as farming what about consuming the dead to fuel his energy and health while also supporting his team?

i also think that the desecrated enemies could give buffs to his summons stats maybe im not sure if i mentioned that

i also think that we should think about other summoners that need to be upgraded a little like atlas 

i think his amount of rubble should amplify his abilities stats and also i think his rumblers should have health drain instead of a timer. i also think that his rumblers should give rubble when they kill enemies.

this would make him 100% better

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Cool_TRG said:

fml, my bad.  Crazy monday for me haha.  I 100% apologize.

Just now, Klaleara said:

fml, my bad.  Crazy monday for me haha.  I 100% apologize.

np i am just happy to find someone that thinks about nekros summoner wise intead of his desecrate 

i used to think his desecrate needed to be removed but now i just think it needs a little extra

• 4 weeks later...

i am starting a revise and have made my personal concept into a concept for wraiths abilities or just a regular concept does anyone have any good names for this concept frame?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VnIo-IYKy6wM1NeKTxmDuutmxw_VVXVJSISyQrW952o/edit?usp=sharing

its structured as a nekros rework but im just too lazy to replace nekros with ---- so just know that its not really a nekros rework

On 2020-10-08 at 9:24 AM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Terror just needs a simple freaking tweak to make enemies come TOWARDS nekros instead of away or at the very least stun them in place (and the augment could make them slowly walk towards nekros).  Running away I get, but in terms of gameplay its beyond stupid and worthless.  In limited maps its even game breaking, making enemies run to places you cant get to.    If Terror ever got turned into a Crowd Control worth a damn it would also be cool if it synergized with desocrate.   Enemies who are terrorfied and are desocrated have 100% drop rate.

I agree, it would be cool if the shadows used terror to chase the enemies to one spot. 

On 2020-11-05 at 12:55 AM, BahamutKaiser said:

What's up with all these Nekros reworks? Nekros works fine.

you think he works fine probably because you don't actually use him, you probably just think he's for farming, and that's the problem, he has no prowess other than farming really, he needs more synergy between his shadows and his other abilities so people consider his farming as a side ability instead of his main. 

On 2020-11-06 at 9:06 AM, (PSN)Cool_TRG said:

you think he works fine probably because you don't actually use him, you probably just think he's for farming, and that's the problem, he has no prowess other than farming really, he needs more synergy between his shadows and his other abilities so people consider his farming as a side ability instead of his main. 

So, I'm guessing you don't strip armor and slow foes while they run helplessly with Creeping Terrify. It's nearly as good as Molecular Prime, except it cost half as much energy and an augment...

I understand your pain, your want the best farming frame to be competitive with the best other frames, but that's nonsense. No other frame can compete with Nekros looting, and no other frame should be competing with Nekros for any other function. Use your loadout slots, enjoy some variety, and if you don't like Nekros, there are other loot frames, or maybe, just another frame in general. Nekros doesn't have to make every player happy, you have 40 something frames, pick another one...

8 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

So, I'm guessing you don't strip armor and slow foes while they run helplessly with Creeping Terrify. It's nearly as good as Molecular Prime, except it cost half as much energy and an augment...

I understand your pain, your want the best farming frame to be competitive with the best other frames, but that's nonsense. No other frame can compete with Nekros looting, and no other frame should be competing with Nekros for any other function. Use your loadout slots, enjoy some variety, and if you don't like Nekros, there are other loot frames, or maybe, just another frame in general. Nekros doesn't have to make every player happy, you have 40 something frames, pick another one...

i should use 3 bandaid mods to make nekros good? that don't sound right...

you know saying you dont have to use augments has made you wrong right there. have you tried doing a level 60 survival without shield of shadows?

he needs a rework and im not even thinking nekroses abilities have to be changed but definitely reworked. i also think that there needs to be a summoner frame because their isnt one, nekros is the farming frame i thought to you guys?

Archived