Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get some additional matchmaking/public options?

3mptylord

Graphics make suggestions easier to follow:

o8Bqwsq.png

As the title says, would it be possible to add some additional options for public sessions?

Example situations:

• AVOID HOSTING: Your connection is too bad to host (particularly for staged fights, like Ropalolyst: bad hosts causes buggy gameplay).
  • AVOID EXISTING SESSIONS: You're doing content that requires mission-start to trigger (e.g. Simaris).
  • WAIT FOR PLAYERS: You need help with a Steel Path Assassination (as opposed to sitting at the start of the mission waiting).

Some of these options might achieve the same thing as other options when combined, and some of them would need to be mutually exclusive - and I might be forgetting some really obvious features that players want. But hopefully you get the jist of the idea - thoughts?

Based on other feedback threads, I know players want "Prevent kill-frames from joining session" (e.g. some players don't like having a Saryn or Equinox killing everything) or "Prevent stall-frames from joining session" (e.g. Limbo, and this is the politest interpretation I have of what those threads actually call stall frames) - but I feel like these are too subjective to be realistic options. An option like "Prefers to rush" might work if matchmaking only matches you with other rushers.

1 minute ago, Xaero said:

I like these options. Personally, I'd be happy with just force hosting.

As someone who's been grinding Simaris for base-frame BPs over the last fortnight (to feed Helminth, I had already sold my originals), I've been on Private just to ensure target-spawn - but it's hella lonely. :( 

22 minutes ago, 3mptylord said:

Based on other feedback threads, I know players want "Prevent kill-frames from joining session" (e.g. some players don't like having a Saryn or Equinox killing everything) or "Prevent stall-frames from joining session" (e.g. Limbo, and this is the politest interpretation I have of what those threads actually call stall frames) - but I feel like these are too subjective to be realistic options.

A realistic way would be to build a custom filter with a dedicated UI accessible through the option menu. This custom filter then could be enabled/disabled as shown in your mokup.

1 hour ago, 3mptylord said:

As someone who's been grinding Simaris for base-frame BPs over the last fortnight (to feed Helminth, I had already sold my originals), I've been on Private just to ensure target-spawn - but it's hella lonely. :( 

lonely maybe, but its the only real way for getting this done fast - one mission with ivara on ardano is enough to fill up the daily standing with simaris for a MR29 though, so the loneliness isn't really long ^^)

see that you are invisible, and the enemies don't get alerted (sleep arrow on groups) - then scan the lot in one area, kill them (for extra fun, focus and level gaining, do this as stealth kills) and move to the next area... no need for a affinity booster btw and it really takes not more than 10 or 15 minutes.

1 minute ago, fr4gb4ll said:

lonely maybe, but its the only real way for getting this done fast - one mission with ivara on ardano is enough to fill up the daily standing with simaris for a MR29 though, so the loneliness isn't really long ^^)

see that you are invisible, and the enemies don't get alerted (sleep arrow on groups) - then scan the lot in one area, kill them (for extra fun, focus and level gaining, do this as stealth kills) and move to the next area... no need for a affinity booster btw and it really takes not more than 10 or 15 minutes.

I meant for his task. I would obviously keep it on private for the scanning of random enemies - I can't rely on random groups to not alert them. :')

The quest reward for completing his task does not count toward the daily limit - so it's definitely worth doing. 

1 minute ago, 3mptylord said:

I meant for his task. I would obviously keep it on private for the scanning of random enemies - I can't rely on random groups to not alert them. :')

The quest reward for completing his task does not count toward the daily limit - so it's definitely worth doing. 

ah this, sorry my misunderstanding ^^)

but then, i sure gets more standing from capture-scanned targets out in the wild (meaning not my own targets) than i get from pursuing my own... ofc, then there are those 'accidents' where ones own target gets killed by ones team mates too... so, well... ^^

1 hour ago, MacIntoc said:

A realistic way would be to build a custom filter with a dedicated UI accessible through the option menu. This custom filter then could be enabled/disabled as shown in your mokup.

That is a good way to implement the feature, but my umbrage was more that I didn't feel like adding the ability to ban during matchmaking was the appropriate solution to problematic frames (or frames/mission combinations). But that's just my opinion on the matter. Given non-public games exist: the net-consequences of allowing a custom filter might not outweigh the positive-feedback. 

On 2020-09-29 at 7:33 AM, 3mptylord said:

Graphics make suggestions easier to follow:

o8Bqwsq.png

As the title says, would it be possible to add some additional options for public sessions?

Example situations:

• AVOID HOSTING: Your connection is too bad to host (particularly for staged fights, like Ropalolyst: bad hosts causes buggy gameplay).
  • AVOID EXISTING SESSIONS: You're doing content that requires mission-start to trigger (e.g. Simaris).
  • WAIT FOR PLAYERS: You need help with a Steel Path Assassination (as opposed to sitting at the start of the mission waiting).

Some of these options might achieve the same thing as other options when combined, and some of them would need to be mutually exclusive - and I might be forgetting some really obvious features that players want. But hopefully you get the jist of the idea - thoughts?

Based on other feedback threads, I know players want "Prevent kill-frames from joining session" (e.g. some players don't like having a Saryn or Equinox killing everything) or "Prevent stall-frames from joining session" (e.g. Limbo, and this is the politest interpretation I have of what those threads actually call stall frames) - but I feel like these are too subjective to be realistic options. An option like "Prefers to rush" might work if matchmaking only matches you with other rushers.

This so much... my net sucks (nothing that I can do about it either, unless an ISP decides they finally want to put proper net through here...) I don't know about that last part as it might segregate the community too much but otherwise I don't host, if i don't find a game i will start and cancel a mission till I jump into someones game...

17 hours ago, Ashgan9 said:

This so much... my net sucks (nothing that I can do about it either, unless an ISP decides they finally want to put proper net through here...) I don't know about that last part as it might segregate the community too much but otherwise I don't host, if i don't find a game i will start and cancel a mission till I jump into someones game...

i think, the last one, "wait for players" is already in place if you start a mission and are not pushed into an existing one... and ofc, the 'old' waiting in the starting area and the like is also an option - though for some missions like the endless ones, the mission will start automatically afer some minutes... i know that for interception and survivals but i guess it also is for disruption too - at least there is a timer starting if you don't procede with a new round after some minutes (5min, i think).

the force host option might be a bit more problematic and might be better named as 'opt for host' and should include a functional stability test of the players connection and computer (maybe only once in a while or per login-session and then flag the player as accepted host). and ofc, if there are too many 'host-only' missions this need to be overwriten or else we end up with exactly what the devs seemingly feared. at least the 'opt-out' is something that is sorely needed because a lot of players know that their setup is sub-optimal for hosting and this would help a lot in preventing bad player-experiences all over the board.

6 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

i think, the last one, "wait for players" is already in place if you start a mission and are not pushed into an existing one... and ofc, the 'old' waiting in the starting area and the like is also an option - though for some missions like the endless ones, the mission will start automatically afer some minutes... i know that for interception and survivals but i guess it also is for disruption too - at least there is a timer starting if you don't procede with a new round after some minutes (5min, i think).

the force host option might be a bit more problematic and might be better named as 'opt for host' and should include a functional stability test of the players connection and computer (maybe only once in a while or per login-session and then flag the player as accepted host). and ofc, if there are too many 'host-only' missions this need to be overwriten or else we end up with exactly what the devs seemingly feared. at least the 'opt-out' is something that is sorely needed because a lot of players know that their setup is sub-optimal for hosting and this would help a lot in preventing bad player-experiences all over the board.

I meant the last part of the original post because it would mean segregating people by the frames they play which in my opinion would be horrible

"Based on other feedback threads, I know players want "Prevent kill-frames from joining session" (e.g. some players don't like having a Saryn or Equinox killing everything) or "Prevent stall-frames from joining session" (e.g. Limbo, and this is the politest interpretation I have of what those threads actually call stall frames) - but I feel like these are too subjective to be realistic options. An option like "Prefers to rush" might work if matchmaking only matches you with other rushers. "

Archived