Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fake News Affects Warframe Too

(XBOX)DarknessZeref

Youtubers always start off their videos with SIGNIFICANT propaganda.
RED CRIT KHORA!
SUPER OP MARKED FOR DEATH

and maintain that sort-of message throughout. The thing is though, Warframe is an increasingly complicated game. The builds I used 2-3 years ago frequently need little reworks here and there to traverse the many battlefields the Starchart has to offer. That being said, we all agree that a Youtuber's build is generally impractical(Since any build constantly needs small changes to truly be optimal)- but what's far more pervasive and exceedingly precedes the genuine greatness of this game is the reaction from Development to those same videos. 

We can all see the direct result of someone watching GAS TTV, yet again. You study MR29's for data on what's good, right? Well, I use none of his builds. Although, I watch all his videos just like you do- because I also happen to be human and the titles are always eye-catching 😉

One video I wanted to speak on involved GAS talking to Marked for Death being nerfed. Often exaggerated and highly partisan, he went on with a much expected rant about how the ability was completely useless and bla bla bla. IRONICALLY, recommended was another video showing a post-"nerf" Marked for Death build continuing to perform in 3+hour survivals- a Veteran's novel "challenge". That being said, I personally understood the change and saw the real benefit to using the ability strategically- but the tone made it seem so much worse in video form. I'd say the same about the "overpowered" builds posted. We all know many frames have incredible power scaling abilities, but that comes with the highest caliber gear, resources and experience to fully grasp or master. Saying "oh yeah Mesa's OP just add every primed mod in the game and maxed arcanes" is like a billionaire saying "oh yeah flying is easy, just call your private jet pilot!". YOU'RE supposed to be confident in that fact, without swaying to the opinions of the press.

The point is that from a journalistic perspective, these videos are shaping your perspective on what the community at large gravitates to/uses/agrees with and that's not true, we do the exact opposite. He called for bans, and bans came. That's being controlled, and sets a dangerous precedent for folks with big brains like me to hop onto Youtube and start controlling [You].

TL;DR, Make Youtube video praising/damning for EZ buffs/nerfs 

17 hours ago, (XB1)DarknessZeref said:

Youtubers always start off their videos with SIGNIFICANT propaganda.

I wouldn't say always, but it's much more frequent than not. 

One yuuuugge reason I don't pay much attention to anyone on YouTube anymore. Lots of BS and little that actually enhances the game experience. There is some useful stuff, but not nearly enough these days and largely lost in the signal to noise ratio. 

Archived