Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the new "event"

Attila

On 2020-10-17 at 2:20 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So, this whole thing is about the fact that you want free forma? That what it boils down to? 

Just go grind fissures, and trade what comes out as prime junk. You'll have enough plat to just pay for a few packs, and be able to do it any time of year. 

Seriously, how do you not know this? 

one: no i don't just want forma, and 2 i used to grind out 150-200 forma/plague star, so your method is stupid, 

and no, i just want a replayable event, that is fun, unlike red stick.

and how do i know what?

On 2020-10-17 at 2:28 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

and the cries of "muh plague star" carry on...

that's what this boils down to. nothing else.

nah, you're not seeing muh point, i want a replayable event, something worth loggin in for, because this "event" was all of 90 minutes to complete, ya see, i'm bored.

On 2020-10-17 at 2:47 PM, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

They didn’t take away your plague star, they just aren’t replaying it this year because it ran already. Also if you want free forms that badly go farm like everyone else

and you aswell, you don't get my point, i have over 100 forma, this "event" was over for me in 4 minutes, i am bored, i really have nothin to do, and i just wanted something replayable to have a laugh in discord, and just chat n' play. 

On 2020-10-17 at 3:29 PM, DrivaMain said:

*Breath in*

THIS. IS. NOT. PLAGUE STAR.

*Heavy Panting*

Naberus and plague star are two different things. Stop calling it that. If you want plague star go back in the waiting room. Plague Star will see you next year.

no, this really is just plague star without the event part, with some halloween S#&$ thrown into it. and yes it's not plague star it's named nights of naberous and not plague star, but other than that it literally is the plague star event without the event.

On 2020-10-17 at 3:33 PM, Psianide73 said:

Yep... "I want free forma" with a "Halloween event sucks" costume on.

Next!

if you had the attention span of at least a 10yo, then you would have read the entire thing before commenting, i have over 100 forma, couldn't really care, but it's just a lame attept at an event, it's not replayable, has nothing really, don't even care about the forma, i just want something replayable, to be worth loggin in for.

On 2020-10-17 at 3:48 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So you figure that we'd have anything near the amount of whining if they put free Forma on the menu to be bought and paid for with Mommy tokens?  The same mommy tokens that we've been stockpiling, making it easy to get the rewards? 

Don't get me wrong, I actually do like plague star as an event. I always run it in pugs, so I never know what's going to happen, until it happens. When the thumpers got added and started joining in on the fun, I thought it great, adding a bit of spice to the mix, forcing us to adapt a bit. 

But I also know what's going on in Ontario, because I have family living about 70 miles from where DE is. They're taking the whole global pandemic seriously, as they should, and working from home is helping to get stuff done, but it lacks a lot of feedback that creative works need, the interplay between co-workers, the ability to toss ideas around easily, in an environment where someone else can jump in and suggest something unexpected, where individuals know what one another are working on. 

So I figure it's a wash. The forma is there for the taking, and the fact is that we literally just got a bunch of new content to play, so I can live with the absence of "something to break the monotony". 

yeah, if it where to get forma for mother tokens, i'd still complain, and don't give them the excuse of working from home, most of them where and still are infront of computers, the only difference is: they send e-mails from house to house, and not from workbox to workbox, they're not construction workers, and yes, i will admit, that it's harder than working in the job-place, but still, just give us the keep the lantern alive mission sequence, or something, as much as i love DE i will not defend them, cuz this was just a lame sticker named and "event".

30 minutes ago, Attila0076 said:

one: no i don't just want forma, and 2 i used to grind out 150-200 forma/plague star, so your method is stupid, 

and no, i just want a replayable event, that is fun, unlike red stick.

and how do i know what?

Your "2" seems to contradict what came before and after it. Also thanks for being one of the reasons why DE is probably thinking of not giving us built forma in the future plague stars. (But I guess that'll show us who actually enjoys the event and who just wants the forma if they do that.) 

You literally just got an open world. 

You missed a "not", also 300+ is bigger than 150-200 and doesn't require nolifing. Just saying. 

On 2020-10-17 at 3:56 PM, Numerikuu said:

We did. He repeatedly brings up Forma, making it sound like the rest is just to make it seem as though it isn't mainly about muh forma.

Literally every whining post is about the lack of free forma, most trying to hide the fact there are several ways to get it in game already for free. These people just don't want to pace themselves because they need to forma every slot of every formable thing in the game, because reasons.

On 2020-10-17 at 3:57 PM, IIDMOII said:

If only there was an easy and guaranteed way of farming forma thats available 365 days of the year.......oh wait, relics exist. 

I'm not willing to spend any more time on the grind of deimos than is neccessary and I don't think adding a measly forma would be nearly enough incentive to care. Seems like a bizarre complaint. 

On 2020-10-17 at 4:01 PM, IIDMOII said:

No it isnt. They clearly state more than once that the inclusion of forma is what would give it replay value. 

nah mates, i have a load of forma, i just want something replayable, something worth loggin in for, something that i can nolife or at least enjoy for more than a 90 minute grind, that i already done before the "event" came out, this entire thing was less than 5 minutes, all you see is: cntr f then type forma, then reply, with some form of: aH sO YoU jUsT wAnT fOrMa.

On 2020-10-19 at 12:13 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And I want an all expenses paid trip to Thailand so I can get a monk to put a tattoo on me that makes me bullet proof and makes me inordinately lucky.....oh wait... Is this not where we tell one another the things that we want but have no right to demand? 

Crap. I saw that post and thought for sure that it was. Now I have to think up another one for next time. 😓

Well, watch DE go bankrupt in a few years if they can't get their S#&$ together. Because people that spend money on the game pay their salaries, and thanks to those people you can play for free as well. If they don't make good content, people will stop spending money on the game. It's a very simple concept.

8 minutes ago, Zarkor said:

Well, watch DE go bankrupt in a few years if they can't get their S#&$ together. Because people that spend money on the game pay their salaries, and thanks to those people you can play for free as well. If they don't make good content, people will stop spending money on the game. It's a very simple concept.

You're about 8 years too late. People have been singing that song for longer than either of us have played the game. But hey, like Frank Herbert said, "the salt must flow".... or something like that, right?

29 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You're about 8 years too late. People have been singing that song for longer than either of us have played the game. But hey, like Frank Herbert said, "the salt must flow".... or something like that, right?

No, nothing like that. People that play the game and pay their salaries have every right to criticize the developer. It works like that everywhere, not just for games. 

And if you had even a basic understanding of human psychology, you'd understand that people stay not because the content is good, but for a variety of different reasons. 

You'd also understand that if you play a game, and you enjoy it, then you want it to do well. You won't achieve that by licking the developer boots. You achieve that by providing feedback on what can be improved, you don't just bend over and take it as it comes, because that is helping no one.

And lastly, no, not 8 years too late. Because if they got their $hit together, the game would be doing much better than it is doing currently. Which is, you know, what I'd like. People like you who just accept everything as it comes as if somehow the developers were doing you favor, are actually hurting the game by making it seem like everything is perfectly fine and not bringing up issues where there is room for improvement.

Part of the reason why content is subpar right now, is because of those 8 years of DE being mediocre. Failing to attract new players and doing a horrible job a player retention.

So you can take your 'salt' and idiotic quotes and shove them up wherever it pleases you along with your boot licking comments.

5 minutes ago, Zarkor said:

No, nothing like that. People that play the game and pay their salaries have every right to criticize the developer. It works like that everywhere, not just for games. 

And if you had even a basic understanding of human psychology, you'd understand that people stay not because the content is good, but for a variety of different reasons. 

You'd also understand that if you play a game, and you enjoy it, then you want it to do well. You won't achieve that by licking the developer boots. You achieve that by providing feedback on what can be improved, you don't just bend over and take it as it comes, because that is helping no one.

And lastly, no, not 8 years too late. Because if they got their $hit together, the game would be doing much better than it is doing currently. Which is, you know, what I'd like. People like you who just accept everything as it comes as if somehow the developers were doing you favor, are actually hurting the game by making it seem like everything is perfectly fine and not bringing up issues where there is room for improvement.

Part of the reason why content is subpar right now, is because of those 8 years of DE being mediocre. Failing to attract new players and doing a horrible job a player retention.

So you can take your 'salt' and idiotic quotes and shove them up wherever it pleases you along with your boot licking comments.

C'mon man.  I'm not happy about the situation either, but the last bit is unnecessary.  

18 minutes ago, Zarkor said:

Oh look, more salt, with a feeble attempt at justification. Understand that whether you or I don't care for something is irrelevant, that's how business works, you don't cater to the minority of a minority, you cater to the majority, and use the limited resources you have to try to please the greatest number. And there's a difference between "feedback" and "bashing", always had been. "Feedback" is where you say "I believe that this is good/not good, and these are the reasons why I believe that". Bashing is where you say "If you don't do what I want, right now, you're trash, and your business will fail".

I've been running quite a lot of Deimos, and so have a lot of other people, and when I walk into a relay, I see Daughter with many customers lined up, presumably checking the wares. The system currently makes it pretty easy to get them, as they can do whatever level of bounty they like, they're catering to the newbs and the elite, and yes I've run into a lot of newbs farming tokens, who clearly haven't figured out how Deimos works yet. That's a good thing, because it means that the content they hadn't attempted yet, is now relevant to them. It's drawing in players.

Remember, in business, you set aside what you personally like or dislike, and look at the whole picture to see what you actually need to do. I've had to do it several times over the years, and I'm better for it. Maybe when you're a bit more mature, and have actual experience, you'll be able to see the logic in it too. 😉

Archived