The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Didn't play for a year, is Valkyr still irrelevant?

SonicSonedit

On 2020-10-20 at 11:31 AM, SpiritTeA said:

Oneshot most of bosses without prime/rank10 mods/maxed focus schools/OP weapons/rivens.

It’s probably the strongest warframe new player can get access early 

>new players.

Okay but excal exists. 

Like, im not gonna dump on valkyr that much, shes decent, sure. But she basically has 2 good abilities and one of those two good abilities is inferior to several melee weapons in the game that have none of the "its an ability" drawbacks. 

1 час назад, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA сказал:

>new players.

Okay but excal exists. 

Like, im not gonna dump on valkyr that much, shes decent, sure. But she basically has 2 good abilities and one of those two good abilities is inferior to several melee weapons in the game that have none of the "its an ability" drawbacks. 

Valkyr has self healing without additional stuff, Excalibur - no. Even Umbra Excalibur will lose very much in survivability to Valkyr because of this minor thing. So I didn’t get your point about “excal exist”. New player just put hunter adrenaline on valkyre and suddenly he can survive in content he was struggling a lot recently. He put hunter adrenaline on excal and... Nothing game changing.

She is arguably better now because you can replace paralysis or ripline with something else. However she still requires a lot of investment and resources to reach her full potential. Which to me is her biggest problem. All frames are relevant with time and investment. It is just that some can achieve this in less time than others. Valkyr however takes a very long time to achieve this.

I have an Umbral Valkyr that tears through everything and is impossible to kill. Even in squads she can reach top kills and is always the team's main tank.

Yet to get there I had to forma her seven times, three umbral forma + four normal forma. In addition to working on her talons and weapons. So in total I spent three umbral forma and 10 normal forma just on Valkyr.

For me this was worth it because I love Valkyr. However if she is not your favorite frame then that investment can be put into something else.

So yes, she can be relevant if you are willing to investment into her. Take my advice, if you love her keep playing her. Even if you cannot kill everything in one button you still are a very strong tank. Which is still very helpful to have in squads. 

I would also like to point out that viability in Warframe is very subjective. Since you can build your Warframe anyway you want. I've actually seen Valkyr paralysis builds that work, yet I would not invest in that.

On 2020-10-20 at 7:10 AM, taiiat said:

Inaros was never anywhere near as good as people pretended he was. since your goal is just EHP, many things were already competitive with Inaros in the past, and several wiping the floor with Inaros as long as your measurement wasn't AFK with no Abilities.

thesedays with Health Types being neutralized on Players, the things that previously were competitive now sit higher than they did previously. basically anything that had Armor or Shields to speak of has a higher EHP than some years ago, while Inaros is essentially at the same number.

Inaros was never actually that good.

I don't know man... I've been able to reach roughly level 500 Steel Path against Grineer with Inaros, and not dying once. But I agree though, there is definitely a ceiling in how high he can go. But level 500+ enemies in an endurance run for Steel Path Grineer is already way beyond the practical and meaningful limits of the game.

I'd say, Inaros is actually very good (the over exaggeration by the community is unwarranted though), but there are plenty of other Frames that are at least 1 tier above him or more.

5 hours ago, S1mplyFresh said:

I don't know man... I've been able to reach roughly level 500 Steel Path against Grineer with Inaros, and not dying once. But I agree though, there is definitely a ceiling in how high he can go. But level 500+ enemies in an endurance run for Steel Path Grineer is already way beyond the practical and meaningful limits of the game.

I'd say, Inaros is actually very good (the over exaggeration by the community is unwarranted though), but there are plenty of other Frames that are at least 1 tier above him or more.

it's not like Inaros doesn't have fairly good EHP too, but there are other options that are somewhat competitive thesedays, and if AFK / no Abilities isn't a requirement, then several Ability sets that make Inaros look like a joke.

that's all i was saying.

though a few things lost some ground when Arcanes got nerfed. rip in pepperoni Aegis.

10 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

one of those two good abilities is inferior to several melee weapons in the game that have none of the "its an ability" drawbacks. 

Hysteria may have a horrible Stance that severely limits it, but if you follow the numbers then you beyblade everything and when you're doing Slide Attacks it's like spamming Heavies with other Melee Weapons, but stronger, and with a much higher attack rate. easily ~750,000 per Slide Attack. that unlike spamming Heavies you can do 3+ times per second.
and no, i'm not even accounting for the 3.75x Multiplier Hysteria can get from the Hit Counter, since it's a lot of work to make use of it as far as i'm concerned. i pay zero mind to the Hit Counter at all with Hysteria, just too much work. but that would be another source of Damage if one could be bothered, just incase Hysteria wasn't dealing enough Damage.
one of those Mod Slots is Berserker, in that number.

Hysteria, Stance bad, but not Damage bad. if people can't get Hysteria to deal some Damage, they should really try putting some Mods on it and using it in the way that it is effective.

however if you're comparing to... Redeemer or Stropha, then perhaps ok but spamming Gunblade Heavies makes a lot of stuff technically irrelevant, far more than just Valkyr.

Archived