Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Didn't play for a year, is Valkyr still irrelevant?

SonicSonedit

Inaros was never anywhere near as good as people pretended he was. since your goal is just EHP, many things were already competitive with Inaros in the past, and several wiping the floor with Inaros as long as your measurement wasn't AFK with no Abilities.

thesedays with Health Types being neutralized on Players, the things that previously were competitive now sit higher than they did previously. basically anything that had Armor or Shields to speak of has a higher EHP than some years ago, while Inaros is essentially at the same number.

Inaros was never actually that good.

Valkyr was never a top notch warframe. It's mostly the meta that changed and left Valkyr behind to gether dust. These days she's a niche choise for a tank. She can get the job done, but there are many other warframes who can do her role better.

Inaros is only good if you give him HP. He got no abilities worth your time. He's relevant because he's unkillable when modding for HP, but he got nothing more to offer. Unlike Valkyr, Inaros is not affected by nullifiers (because his abilities are not worth using).

14 minutes ago, FrostedMike said:

He's relevant because he's unkillable when modding for HP

Wrong, he is pretty killable and one shottable if you go to sufficient levels(even if you mod for adaptation, grace, guardian and even put chroma's thing on him for even more armour/health).

On the other hand, because of shield gating and her 4 valk can go much much further and can't get one shot like him.

Inaros is the only frame that got nothing from that update(technically nidus too, but he doesn't care at all :D ) and it made him worse then he already was.
But yes, he is the perfect tank if you only do sorties or some infested survivals.

To OP: Now the meta is almost all khora btw.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Again I repeat the question: "when was she irrelevant?" 

That's different from "was Valkyr ever not over the top OP?"

According to this comment, she is irrelevant now.

Of course, I feel that you'll want to come with your own opinions. But please direct them at someone who thinks she's irrelevant, not at me, since I really do not care.

Valkyr, in a way, is irrelevant to me all the time because I do not enjoy her and never play her.

7 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Of course, I feel that you'll want to come with your own opinions. But please direct them at someone who thinks she's irrelevant, not at me, since I really do not care.

Valkyr, in a way, is irrelevant to me all the time because I do not enjoy her and never play her.

I have. You just happen to be the person who responded, so I replied to clarify my earlier message. 

1 hour ago, SonicSonedit said:

Wonder if they changed her somehow or maybe inaros meta changed

Neither Valkyr or Inaros have Metas built around them now... But neither do any of the tanky frames either since the armor and shield changes.

There aren't really any "one size fits all" solutions that weren't in that category two years ago as well.

I love Valkyr, even put umbral on her.

That said, she's not irrelevant, but there is also no reason to pick her over Baruuk if your build is focused arround the exalted weapon.

Despite all the Gauss lovers out there (no offense intended, I like him as well) she is the best pair of legs to use a melee weapon on. Her AS buff is higher and requires a lot less management.

There is, however a case to be argued, that melee right now doesn't need any outside buffs, hence no need to use Valkyr...

Weird spot she's in.

She's top tier meta for cosplay tho...

.hugh jackman GIF

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Again I repeat the question: "when was she irrelevant?" 

That's different from "was Valkyr ever not over the top OP?"

Actually she was pretty bad at her release but this is way back when exalted weapon still wasn't a thing. She has just gotten better with age and very rarely ever receive nerfs

2 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Then why bother making a thread in the first place and ask this? If you do that its obvious you are going to get opinions from people.

11 minutes ago, Kaokasalis said:

Actually she was pretty bad at her release but this is way back when exalted weapon still wasn't a thing. She has just gotten better with age and very rarely ever receive nerfs

That's what I thought. But I'm guessing that a bit over a year ago, some youtuber did a clickbait video that the OP looked at and got all hot and bothered. 

Archived