Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Build ideas for a returning Loki...

DarkiusDankius

Question

Hi all,

First of all, thanks to all the nice guys/gals who made my return to the game worthwhile (after 3 years).

I'm looking to build a Loki that doesn't rely on Invisibility (because fashion frame). After watching a Loki guide, it looks like I will be maximising use of Disarm with Range and Irradiating. Also looking to re-use a melee polearm with Gas procs and increasing attack speed which worked a treat so far.

The questions are as follows:
- What other (primary) weapons/mods synergize well with this sort of build?
- How about operator focus trees?
- Any build tips to deal with AOE Toxin enemies as Loki (infested) / increase survivability without invis? Is it just a matter of slapping on Toxin resistance or are there other solutions? I feel like I almost exclusively get downed by them due to the damage through the shield. I'm definitely rusty so gameplay tips are fine too.

I know it might be a bit niche, but would defo appreciate any answers on the above as it's quite daunting coming back to the game! 😆
Looking forward to your replies.

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, DarkiusDankius said:

Gas procs

FYI, those aren't really the best option nowadays. Lack of scaling from elemental Mods hurts quite a bit.

If you want AoE damage procs, maybe give Viral + Electricity a try.

Any build tips to deal with AOE Toxin enemies as Loki (infested) / increase survivability without invis?

Don't get close enough to get hit, I guess? :D

Stay away from the enemies, use your guns, maybe a nice Launcher (self-damage is gone) to easily mop up all those fodder Infested,
and make them stay away from you via some Helminth ability, e.g. Radial Blind or Fire Blast should work decently with your Range build.

Welcome home, Tenno.

I'm a Loki main but I've been using octavia lately so some of these stuff might not be accurate.

- What other (primary) weapons/mods synergize well with this sort of build?

There is nothing specific in my mind since there is not much to do with Irradiating Disarm. But I can tell you that Condition Overload has no benefit from Irradiating Disarm since it doesn't actually proc Rad.

- How about operator focus trees?

Per need basis I guess. Again Irradiating Disarm to me doesn't limit nor open any special circumstances in terms of gameplay other than they are going melee at you. Naramon for melee, Vazarin for emergency healing and invulnerability, etc.

- Any build tips to deal with AOE Toxin enemies as Loki (infested) / increase survivability without invis? Is it just a matter of slapping on Toxin resistance or are there other solutions? I feel like I almost exclusively get downed by them due to the damage through the shield.

The reason why I no longer use non invis loki. Sure you can use Arcane Resistance to make yourself immune from toxin proc but it doesn't protect you from the initial damage. I haven't tested it but I considered using Quick Thinking + large energy pool to act as a safety switch. Then Rolling Guard as a panic button to get out of a mob or lethal AoE or DoT burst.

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

FYI, those aren't really the best option nowadays. Lack of scaling from elemental Mods hurts quite a bit.

Thanks, I looked that up and I've read they nerfed gas so that's really good to know!

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

make them stay away from you via some Helminth ability

Yep, got to dive into that as well. Blind is a good suggestion, I heard rest (from rest and rage) might also be useful. Thanks!

2 hours ago, acevezwing said:

Vazarin for emergency healing and invulnerability,

Probably that then, looks like that is what I unlocked a few years ago as well.

2 hours ago, acevezwing said:

The reason why I no longer use non invis loki. Sure you can use Arcane Resistance to make yourself immune from toxin proc but it doesn't protect you from the initial damage. I haven't tested it but I considered using Quick Thinking + large energy pool to act as a safety switch. Then Rolling Guard as a panic button to get out of a mob or lethal AoE or DoT burst.

That's helpful. How do you suggest getting to that large energy pool @acevezwing? Zenurik or mods? or both? 

6 hours ago, DarkiusDankius said:

so... I have 1-2 ideas
use the helminth system to give him some useful ability to him (khora's ensnare is one of my recommendations) or try octavia's mallet

Abuse shield gating - equip augur mod/mods, the dragon key for lower shields(so it takes less time to rechrge them) and rolling guard

You can go the other rout - adaptation, all the survivability mods, grace/guardian combo and healing melee and just don't go above lv200

tbh I really don't have a clue why you would want that if you want to do this because in real mission you rarely have time to stand around and admire him

If you are planning to just use him in missions bellow 150-120lv then just the augur mods and a descent melee will do, I rarely go invisible when there is no real thread from low level enemies.

Probably that then, looks like that is what I unlocked a few years ago as well.

for emergency healing on most frames there is a perfect operator arcane - magus elevate 
that way you are not tied to a focus school 

8 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

Abuse shield gating - equip augur mod/mods, the dragon key for lower shields(so it takes less time to rechrge them) and rolling guard

This is great, thanks. Did a little testing and grinding.

Rolling guard is a game changer. Being able to clear DoTs solves a lot of problems with toxic infested.

Currently trying to get at least 2 augur mods for shield gating, got 1 so far. I still get occasionally nuked and I guess quick thinking could help with that, but I would have to sacrifice range to counteract the stuns. I think I'll just go invisible as a panic button and at the same time regen shields with Augur. 

On 2020-10-21 at 4:19 PM, DarkiusDankius said:

That's helpful. How do you suggest getting to that large energy pool @acevezwing? Zenurik or mods? or both? 

Primed Flow. That is if you have the space and cap. Zenurik is good too (especially if you have problem with energy pads) since none of his abilities block energy regen.

Archived