Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Dedicated Losers Miss Out On A Weapon Slot (Event)

Brasten

The most dedicated players (people slogging through 100 missions for their faction) will only receive a Blueprint of there faction weapon. At first glance "this seems fair", but if you look at what that means you can see it is actually a moderate punishment on the most dedicated players, the ones likely feeding DE real money in as it stands.

Winners at Tier 3 get: Faction Sidearm + Orokin Catalyst (for supercharge) + weapon slot

Losers at Tier 3 get: Faction Sidearm BP. No supercharge, and more importantly no free weapon slot.

The most dedicated losers will be required to buy with, real money, a weapon slot to keep their event weapon around. To a lesser extent they will also have to use an Orokin Catalyst, but that's slightly less of an issue since those can and do appear as random in-game rewards. Weapons do not appear as in-game rewards.

And before people get on and "boo hoo, its only 6 platinum", please think. I use the word Dedicated for a reason. The folks at this level have played 100+ repetitions of the same maps to reach a point where DE is saying to the most DEDICATED players of this event, "pay us money or you don't get to keep your event item, ya loser."

I applaud the use of BPs as way to create a clear distinction between "winners" and "losers". It is a creative solution to events of this nature that are otherwise nothing but cans of butt-hurt fermenting. However DE needs look ahead that extra step and think about the functional nature of their event rewards. One of them is the granting of Weapons Slots, which is the only way to get them outside of buying them. In this event DE has made a situation where the MOST DEDICATED LOSERS will not get that slot.

This is going to be some of you. It is assured that apportion of the community reading this will be the dedicated losers.

The fix, just give everyone at 100 mission complete a Weapons Slot, DE. It's going to save backlash from some of your most dedecated players on this later.

====

*Edit*

The type of side arm gained is not the issue. I will let other threads and people argue that. This is about the WEAPON slot.

Edited by Brasten

or you could just sell a weapon you don't really use... also since it's a BP no one says you have to CRAFT IT RIGHT NOW. I can't speak for anyone else, but there are only maybe 4-5 weapons i wouldn't sell, the rest are just there to increase my mastery rank and are sold as soon as i max it out. 

or you could just sell a weapon you don't really use... also since it's a BP no one says you have to CRAFT IT RIGHT NOW. I can't speak for anyone else, but there are only maybe 4-5 weapons i wouldn't sell, the rest are just there to increase my mastery rank and are sold as soon as i max it out.

You missed the point. 100 mission winners get a FREE weapon slot. 100 mission losers get NOTHING, and have to PAY to get what the winners got FREE. Edited by Brasten

Heaven forbid there should be something at stake, to cause tensions and people to make decisions and deal with the consequences of those decisions both in game and outside of it. It's almost like reality. :)

Games and Challenges are far more enjoyable when there's risk, when there's a chance that you may not in fact win.

Edited by LordOda

But wouldn't it just be easier and better to give everyone that reaches 100 missions to have a free weapon slot? It would be the most fair thing possible.

Yes, and I'm sure we'll see the opposite blueprint appear in Clan Research sometime in the near future.

DE will NOT design a weapon, make it's stats etc etc only to never ever use it. It's a waste of company resources, time, money etc etc.

You missed the point. 100 mission winners get a FREE weapon slot. 100 mission losers get NOTHING, and have to PAY to get what the winners got FREE.

so your big point is the free weapon slot? seriously? Ok, whatever makes you salty bro. I'm of the mind it's a good PRIZE for WINNING A COMPETITION.

The most dedicated players are going to run 201 missions.

100 Grineer

100 Corpus

1 final run based on who is winning at the end.

"If you switch sides, you will erode your rating with the opposition and risk getting neither reward."

Go ahead and get nothing cuz you only did 1 mission in their eyes.

Edited by Dasmir

so your big point is the free weapon slot? seriously? Ok, whatever makes you salty bro. I'm of the mind it's a good PRIZE for WINNING A COMPETITION.

You mean popularity contest. Competitions imply skill. Hope you remember what I wrote here if you end up as a Dedicated Loser.

Ok fine, the most dedicated will run 300 missions, then :P

At that point it's not dedication it's aggressive fence sitting. Which some folks will do and wait until a clear winning side beings to emerge and jump on that band wagon.

Edited by Brasten

You mean popularity contest. Competitions imply skill. Hope you remember what I wrote here if you end up as a Dedicated Loser.

That's a fair statement. For me the stakes are low, I'm a casual solo player that occasionally pays plat to support DE's work. So if I even hit the 25 mark that would be quite the accomplishment. Also, I'm fully aware at my Tier 2 I get NOTHING if my side doesn't win. WHICH I'M OK WITH :)

BECAUSE my focus is to have fun!

Edited by squaresphere

"If you switch sides, you will erode your rating with the opposition and risk getting neither reward."

Go ahead and get nothing cuz you only did 1 mission in their eyes.

Where is that quote.

The rule post say "the reward determined by two factors: the victorious side AND if you supported them (you did more missions for them, than against them)." so 100 missions, 49 one side and 51 for the other is doing more missions for them. At the cost of ranking.

Only rankings and battle pay are effected by mission eroding.

Edited by Firetempest

Where is that quote.

The rule post say "the reward determined by two factors: the victorious side AND if you supported them (you did more missions for them, than against them)." so 100 missions, 49 one side and 51 for the other is doing more missions for them. At the cost of ranking.

Only rankings and battle pay are effected by mission eroding.

"Complete 100 missions, with the reward determined by two factors: the victorious side AND if you supported them (you did more missions for them, than against them)."

You will need to commit to a side to earn this Battle Pay by completing 5 missions to prove your support. If you switch sides, you will erode your rating with the opposition and risk getting neither reward.

Really people read you cant get a Win-Win situation here.

you dont have to do 100 missions for both sides. 50 on each side would be enough. Just keep track of whos winning and do one more mission to tip it to the winning side so you do 101 missions in total.

you will have 0 mission done if you do that.

Edited by Dasmir

"Complete 100 missions, with the reward determined by two factors: the victorious side AND if you supported them (you did more missions for them, than against them)."

You will need to commit to a side to earn this Battle Pay by completing 5 missions to prove your support. If you switch sides, you will erode your rating with the opposition and risk getting neither reward.

Battle pay is specificity the name for the reward after each battle per mission node. Has nothing to do with tier rewards. You are putting two different sections together.

Edited by Firetempest

you will have 0 mission done if you do that.

You literally copy and pasted two statements regarding 2 completely different rewards.

"If you switch sides, you will erode your rating with the opposition and risk getting neither reward." - Is from and regarding to the Battle Pay system.

TOTAL EVENT missions DO NOT affect your BATTLE PAY (or at least that is what most people are getting from the initial post).

"You did more missions for them, than against them" - Doesn't mean you HAVE to complete 100 MORE missions than the other. There is no Official statement as to whether this "erosion" affects OVERALL EVENT MISSION completion, or not.