Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path eximus spawns

Drachnyn

The reason farming steel essence always felt a bit awful was that you had to waste roughly an hour in a mission before eximi even started spawning properly. Eximi ended up being the reward of the staying long instead of being part of the challenge/gear check. Now the steel essence problem is solved there but Eximus units should still be looked at for steel path, their spawnrates in particular.

Steel path missions are supposed to be a steeper gear check than normal missions, for that reason enemies are much tankier and start at a higher level. But why not also include eximus units from the start. Always have them be at their max spawnrate in steel path missions, they are supposed to be stronger enemies than the normal ones so they should be right at home in steel path.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Dauggie:

well that was the point of "putting the effort" for Steel path rewards. why everyone want everything in 10mins? consider it in another way, like Steel essence becomes the reward for staying longer in a mission(like it was intended).

That may have been the point of steel essence but not the point of eximus units. With eximus units no longer dropping steel essence this will be pretty irrelevant but even before that, it's about "everyone want everything in 10mins", it's about not wasting an hour before i can even start to farm. Farming the ephemeras and the armor pieces from teshin still took like 1.5 hours of pure farm time in survival (not counting the windup time for eximi to start spawning).

No eximus spawns early on also made all the non endless missions a complete waste of time.

Gerade eben schrieb bad4youLT:

Steel essence farm was nothing more then tiles and enemy AI's exploitation , I think this change is much more welcome .

I dont think moving steel essence is a bad idea but eximus units should now be free to always spawn in steel path missions, not just after waiting for an hour.

2 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

That may have been the point of steel essence but not the point of eximus units. With eximus units no longer dropping steel essence this will be pretty irrelevant but even before that, it's about "everyone want everything in 10mins", it's about not wasting an hour before i can even start to farm. Farming the ephemeras and the armor pieces from teshin still took like 1.5 hours of pure farm time in survival (not counting the windup time for eximi to start spawning).

No eximus spawns early on also made all the non endless missions a complete waste of time.

no they gave mastery so they weren't waste of time. you are talking as if all steel essence grind should be done in one run. i personally never went above 1 hour which gives like18 average drops with booster(maybe more if smeeta gave lucky buff). it was suppose to make you put effort as i said before. that's why they chose eximus as unit since they are rare and drops will be even more rarer. i had problems with riven silver since for me they dropped often and i'm not into rivens that much. 

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Dauggie:

no they gave mastery so they weren't waste of time. you are talking as if all steel essence grind should be done in one run. i personally never went above 1 hour which gives like18 average drops with booster(maybe more if smeeta gave lucky buff). it was suppose to make you put effort as i said before. that's why they chose eximus as unit since they are rare and drops will be even more rarer. i had problems with riven silver since for me they dropped often and i'm not into rivens that much. 

Well eximus dropping steel essence will soon be a thing of the past, so regardless of what we think about the current situation, eximus units will soon be free from that and could be used to spice normal enemy groups up a bit in steel path missions, in all of them.

Archived