Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability to check if i am public mid mission

Xikto

This is a minor thing but i feel like when you change it often, leaving a mission (fissures mostly) after 2 minutes just to find out you were not on public is something that we shouldn't face, just make it visible at all times even you can't change it!

13 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You can check it everywhere except open worlds. Just hit escape, if the game pauses you are solo, if the game doesnt you are public. In open worlds it never pauses.

i never use solo mode, i use inv only so that doesn't say anything about my game 

12 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Ah then that option is definently a no-go.

idk what u mean exactly, but you need to understand that the usage of inv only is mostly for farm teams so if someone get's DC can inv with no problems, can say with confidence very rarely people use solo maybe for rivens but for average player that's about it!

2 hours ago, Xikto said:

idk what u mean exactly, but you need to understand that the usage of inv only is mostly for farm teams so if someone get's DC can inv with no problems, can say with confidence very rarely people use solo maybe for rivens but for average player that's about it!

You certainly don't speak for me and I know other people that solo often. If one is going through the star chart for the first time and doing quests, you'll never learn the game or absorb any lore if you're in a public group since there are likely to be rushers. If one might be interrupted while playing, they might need the ability to pause. You can't really look for statues, medallions, song fragments, Ordis fragments, or loot and scan everything in a public group as people aren't going to wait.

I personally avoid aborting missions and will just finish them if I forgot to switch my setting, but being able to see while in the progress menu could be useful for some people that might want to abort and switch it.

6 hours ago, Xikto said:

This is a minor thing but i feel like when you change it often, leaving a mission (fissures mostly) after 2 minutes just to find out you were not on public is something that we shouldn't face, just make it visible at all times even you can't change it!

Literally, hit pause and look in the left hand corner next to your name. Duh.

21 hours ago, Xikto said:

Na I ment the esc+pause option is a no-go since you run inv only. 

I dont think hitting esc and checking if there is a + next to your name in the left hand corner works either, since I think the option to invite others is time limited for inv only groups aswell, so both public and inv only will have the + there, which just shows that you arent in solo mode. They could definently add something that indicates if you are inv only or public etc.

Archived