Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunslinger Warframe Concept - With Art By Ignusdei

TunaMayo

Seeing as we have a melee focused beserker on the way, I pondered what a Gunslinging frame would be like and how it could play and fit into warframe.

Below are the rough power concepts and Art concepts provided by IgnusDei

1. Gunzerk - Solo skill.
Gunslinger converts energy into bullets (coz space magic) and speeds up their own rate of fire by 20/30/40% (effected by focus mods). No ammo is consumed and rate of fire increased for 5/10/15 (effected by duration mods) seconds, meaning no need for reload for maximum gunzerking.

2. Critical Thinking - Team buff.
Team bullets are attracted to critical locations on the enemy (sort of like bullet attractor), but within reason (so you can't just spray and pray). This would in theory be able to work in conjunction with Banshee's sonar skill. Duration of 5/10/15 seconds (effected by duration mods).

3. Survivor - Solo Skill.
Gunslinger gains 5% damage reduction and 5% damage buff per enemy surrounding them in a 10m radius (effected by range mods) for 5/10/15 seconds (effected by duration mods).

4. Never Outgunned - Ultimate. Gunslinger creates 1/2/3/4 clones of self (similar to loki's hologram), each with a pair of pistols, that draw aggro and fire upon enemies independently for 10/15/20 seconds (effected by duration mods). Clones have self-recovering shield like decoy (150/300/450/600) and health (100/200/300/400) and their pistols do 25/45/75/90 damage per shot (effected by focus).

---------------------------------------

Some additional power concepts.

1. Blunderbuss - Knockback/movement.
Gunslinger fires a blunderbuss shot infront of him. Knocks enemies down in 180 degree cone and 2/3/4/5m (effected by range mods) infront of him for 25/50/75/100 damage whilst sending the frame 2/3/4/5m (effected by range mods) backwards.

2. Finesse - Solo skill.
For a duration of 5/10/15/20 seconds (effected by duration mods) each headshot adds 10% (effected by focus mods) damage to the normal 100% headshot multiplier. The bonus damage stacks but each shot that isn't a headshot removes a stack, bonus lasts for power duration.

3. Momentum - solo skill.
For a duration of 5/7/10/15 seconds (effected by duration), gunslinger fains momentum when firing on single targets. Each consecutive shot that lands on the same target adds 5% bonus damage which stacks with each consecutive bullet landing on the target. Bonus resets upon shooting a new target.

---------------------------------------

Some concept art courtesy of the talents of IgnusDei:

luke_by_ignusdei-d6sfwov.jpg

Edited by TunaMayo

The artwork could resemble a "wild west" sharpshooter thing. Or at least be influenced by that look.

Bearing in mind how outlandish Nekros' design is compared to other warframes, that might be possible. Maybe some flares or cowboy boots atleast? With a syandana like Clint Eastwood style cape?

If someone could "Warfralize" this guy would be great ...

Darksiders_strife_joe_mad_by_zeag.jpeg

That's actually pretty rad and kind of what I had in mind he would look like. Something like a gunslinger (wild west) meets war machine (from iron man) meets warframe.

Here it is, the moment you’ve been waiting for.

A great Idea, that fits well into the warframahverse…

I could see this being way fun to play and balanced, as well as a clever way to extend gameplay. Nice job with the concept.

Cheers for the kind words, I was worried about potentially making it too powerful bearing in mind Guns are what do the damage in game.

Can I suggest something else for the fourth Ability?

-Never Outgunned-

Creates 1/2/3/4 Shadow Clones of the Gunslinger that stay close, taking the aggro away from him. Each clone carries a pair of pistols and will fire on enemies independently.

Energy cost 100

Ranks: 4

Slots: 10

Power Duration: 5/10/15/20 seconds

Clone Shields: 150/300/450/600

Clone pistol damage: 25/45/75/90

Clone ROF: 2/2/3/4 attacks per second.

----

I'd also suggest making Survivor the 3rd ability, and combine Bottomless Clip with Gunzerk.

Edited by IgnusDei

Can I suggest something else for the fourth Ability?

-Never Outgunned-

Creates 1/2/3/4 Shadow Clones of the Gunslinger that stay close, taking the aggro away from him. Each clone carries a pair of pistols and will fire on enemies independently.

Energy cost 100

Ranks: 4

Slots: 10

Power Duration: 5/10/15/20 seconds

Clone Shields: 150/300/450/600

Clone pistol damage: 25/45/75/90

Clone ROF: 2/2/3/4 attacks per second.

----

I'd also suggest making Survivor the 3rd ability, and combine Bottomless Clip with Gunzerk.

Done and done. I did think that bottomless clip and gunzerk would end up being used in tandem a lot anyway, so it makes sense to combine them.

I'm not sure if he is now perhaps too powerful in theory, but it is balanced slightly by the fact that he has absolutely no "get out of jail free" powers like most frames have and he relies heavily on weapons. 

Edit: Also I haven't decided on any stats for him which could end up balancing him a tad. I'm thinking speedy and squishy.

Edited by TunaMayo

there's been a lot of gunslinger frame concepts but I like this one. Add one thing to the third and first skills though.

While survivor is active you can fall slower when aiming in midair. Likewise while gunzerk is on you slide further.

Edited by sewens

there's been a lot of gunslinger frame concepts but I like this one. Add one thing to the third and first skills though.

While survivor is active you can fall slower when aiming in midair. Likewise while gunzerk is on you slide further.

Like the matrix slow-mo? Interesting but I feel that would be the opposite to what "survivor" is about as you are more likely to get shot in slow-mo.

Also maglev is a mod that already makes you slide further.

However when you mention aiming, you spark an interest in a potential auto-aim power, like flint's "Targeting" skill from Brute Force (about 4:30 you see it) :

If you can't see the embedded video : 

Edited by TunaMayo