Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunslinger Warframe Concept - With Art By Ignusdei

TunaMayo

Well this is obviously loki & ash mixed together. Basically a ranged frame. And you named it "Luke" ok.

I fail to see how the frame concept is a mixture of the two, other than that i tried to refrain from too many damaging power skills like Loki does.

If you mean the art concept, then I don't see why that is a big issue. Although I can see the similarities, you have to give IgnusDei credit that it is certainly unique, even if inspired.

• 1 month later...

i enjoy the concept but about

the name blunderbuss for the abilities, one of the exra power concepts, isn't blundebuss a name fora mod, lucky it wasn't a main move.

I love the art but the part i like most are his hands they look amazing

Well this is obviously loki & ash mixed together. Basically a ranged frame. And you named it "Luke" ok.

he might still be thinking of a name, but i don't think he was trying to do that because ash is power of disappearance and loki is distraction

for Loki Lotus said "it's not about outgunning your opponent, it's about outsmarting them"

well for Luke it would be it's not about outsmarting your opponent it's about outgunning them.

so Loki outsmarts his foes while Luke outguns them

and ash uses blades not guns so Luke is different from Ash & Loki.

Edited by Hunter126

i enjoy the concept but about

the name blunderbuss for the abilities, one of the exra power concepts, isn't blundebuss a name fora mod, lucky it wasn't a main move.

I love the art but the part i like most are his hands they look amazing

Yeah it's all up for change with regards to names etc, and you are right, the concept is to augment gunplay to out-gun the enemy.

And yes, Ash's bladestorm now makes clones to speed up the whole process.

I will update the powers in the next day or so to reflect the change to some powers now being continuous in game.

Wondering if anyone had any other ideas for powers?

I was thinking, with comparisons to Ash, what if Luke had a similar power to Ash and Valkyr, giving him like super pistols or something?

Wondering if anyone had any other ideas for powers?

Bullet Time: For the duration, Gunslinger gains immunity to ranged attacks while jumping or sliding, with a small damage reduction while standing. Possibly also gains a damage buff if he fires in those positions.

Trick Shot: Gunslinger fires a bullet which ricochets between targets, causing increased damage and stun.

Mark: Gunslinger marks a target(s) for death. Marked targets take some sort of debuff, like increased damage, proc chance or crit chance.

Gun Bolt- Luke's bullets change into explosive bullets, exploding if it hits an enemy, the bullets get a bit stronger every hit.

Turret- leaves a turret in your location that seeks enemies, the turret can move (Like the A.G.R in COD) and every enemy the turret kills it takes their ammo and able to pickup if close to the turret, when the turret dies it explodes, dealing blast damage and knockdown.

Lock-On- targets an enemy which leaves a crosshair under the target, that causes enemy projectile to go to the target, if the target dies it is then passed on to another enemy.

Edited by Hunter126

this is an amazing frame concept

I got one more alternate move and it was supposed to be an ultimate

Gun Gale Barrage- rises up into the air (more like jumping up) and shoots every enemy in the area (they will be locked on then shot) then slams back down, while giving allies temporary rising firearm damage overtime (rising firearm damage is when you attack an enemy your damage rises or increases).

Edited by Hunter126

• 4 weeks later...

If someone could "Warfralize" this guy would be great ...

Darksiders_strife_joe_mad_by_zeag.jpeg

HOLY S#&$!!!!!!!!

some of the greatest concept art ive seen! i would applaud u right now im really tho god damn!

now if only u could do some for meee..... but that might not happen XD

Edited by Aroran_Svitskna

• 2 months later...

this is an amazing frame concept

I got one more alternate move and it was supposed to be an ultimate

Gun Gale Barrage- rises up into the air (more like jumping up) and shoots every enemy in the area (they will be locked on then shot) then slams back down, while giving allies temporary rising firearm damage overtime (rising firearm damage is when you attack an enemy your damage rises or increases).

Sounds like a really cool concept, but I didn't really want the frame to have any overtly damaging skills. It's all about augmenting his gun damage and output whilst staying alive.

Now, if he shoots with his present gun, then we might have a cool concept.

Bullet Time: For the duration, Gunslinger gains immunity to ranged attacks while jumping or sliding, with a small damage reduction while standing. Possibly also gains a damage buff if he fires in those positions.

Trick Shot: Gunslinger fires a bullet which ricochets between targets, causing increased damage and stun.

Mark: Gunslinger marks a target(s) for death. Marked targets take some sort of debuff, like increased damage, proc chance or crit chance.

I really like the concepts for trick shot and mark.

For trick shot, two concepts spring to mind. One is as you said, like chain-lightning style bullets that ricochet a few times between nearby targets. Another would be similar to the new gun that has been released (the auto-aiming one), but where Luke wouldn't need to shoot the target, an enemy in his reticule gets "targeted" and all shots will make it to that target regardless of where you shoot, so bouncing off the ground or through other targets to get to the desired target?

I really like the idea for mark, can't remember if I posted something similar somewhere in the comments but we still don't have a single target "SERIOUSLY SHOOT THIS GUY" skill in the game yet.

Gun Bolt- Luke's bullets change into explosive bullets, exploding if it hits an enemy, the bullets get a bit stronger every hit.

Turret- leaves a turret in your location that seeks enemies, the turret can move (Like the A.G.R in COD) and every enemy the turret kills it takes their ammo and able to pickup if close to the turret, when the turret dies it explodes, dealing blast damage and knockdown.

Lock-On- targets an enemy which leaves a crosshair under the target, that causes enemy projectile to go to the target, if the target dies it is then passed on to another enemy.

Gun Bolt - Nice idea but would be broken on some weapons (Ignis for example). Maybe something like; Luke fires all bullets remaining in his current clip at the desired target. The impact of all bullets being fired at once causes an explosion at the targets location. Damage on the initial target and the explosion area reflects that of the damage that the bullets would have caused themselves, the size of the explosion reflects the % of the clip consumed (half a clip has half the area of a full clip).

Turret - I personally LOVE (like really really love) turret based characters in games (Roland and Axton 4 lyf). However I don't think a turret fits the theme of a gunslinger, and would be better suited to an engineer type warframe (Vauban, y u no turret?).

Lock on -  auto aim skills would be cool, especially if you could target specific parts of the enemy like in fallout.

Sorry I haven't replied in a while, had things going on!

I really, really do love this idea. I feel I would be playing Luke for a long time if he was added. But with the abilities, Gunzerk seems more like an ultimate, and I do like the idea of Blunderbuss. Maybe switch Blunderbuss into first slot and put Gunzerk as ultimate? Just do that and I feel he will be perfect. Also, maybe even just give him basic health, shields, armor, and energy of 100 each with a high stamina amount and sprint speed?

• 2 weeks later...

So the next frame is confirmed to have a thing for pistols, so possible gunslinger frame? This was the first thing I thought of when I heard that.

Hopefully so, I'm hoping she looks like Luke or at least inspired by him. He's really interesting and these powers could be fun. +1

Hopefully so, I'm hoping she looks like Luke or at least inspired by him. He's really interesting and these powers could be fun. +1

Still think Luke is a stupid name for a frame (regardless of the inspiration it comes from) but I agree that I want this kind of western theme. Heck, a female cowboy-esq gunslinger design would be pretty unique, even from a general standpoint.

Still think Luke is a stupid name for a frame (regardless of the inspiration it comes from) but I agree that I want this kind of western theme. Heck, a female cowboy-esq gunslinger design would be pretty unique, even from a general standpoint.

Luke is a really stupid name for a frame, it's about as smart as Limbo and Hydroid. I'm hoping the go with something else for the female slinger.

Luke is a really stupid name for a frame, it's about as smart as Limbo and Hydroid. I'm hoping the go with something else for the female slinger.

I disagree on the comparison - though that may just be because Luke is a real person name whereas all other frames until this point have either been an element, animal, or mythical item/creature.

Limbo makes sense given his abilities (read your Dante).

Hydroid makes sense given his abilities (look up the animal).

But I digress, and didn't mean any insult towards idea or creator because of my dislike for the name "Luke" as a designation.