Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunslinger Warframe Concept - With Art By Ignusdei

TunaMayo

What are your thoughts on base or rank 30 stats for him?

For the skills:

1.  Gunzerk - sounds like fun the more I think about it.  At first I thought "Oh that will be kind of game breaking with Ogris or Vectis", then I started to think that it wouldn't really be any more powerful than Nova and her Null Stars plus her firing, and it sounds fun.

2.  Finesse sounds really great.  I wanted to ask, does that headshot bonus apply to the whole squad or just Gunslinger?

3.  Survivor sounds a little plain and tanky for such an offensive and showy gun user.  Just a suggestion, but how about instead, Gunslinger gains 100% knockdown resistance and a moderate , and each target struck by gun fire is affected by a time-dilated ragdoll (a la Rhino's stomp, dealt individually), with a duration of x/x/x/x, and a bonus chance to proc secondary effects against ragdolled targets for the team? 

4. Seems pretty neat, but I keep wonder how does the placement work?  Do they saunter in from the ether like Nekros summons, snap into being like Loki holograms?  

Just thoughts.  I like the theme and flavor of your concept a lot, I hope it gets a chance to make into the game.

What are your thoughts on base or rank 30 stats for him?

For the skills:

1.  Gunzerk - sounds like fun the more I think about it.  At first I thought "Oh that will be kind of game breaking with Ogris or Vectis", then I started to think that it wouldn't really be any more powerful than Nova and her Null Stars plus her firing, and it sounds fun.

2.  Finesse sounds really great.  I wanted to ask, does that headshot bonus apply to the whole squad or just Gunslinger?

3.  Survivor sounds a little plain and tanky for such an offensive and showy gun user.  Just a suggestion, but how about instead, Gunslinger gains 100% knockdown resistance and a moderate , and each target struck by gun fire is affected by a time-dilated ragdoll (a la Rhino's stomp, dealt individually), with a duration of x/x/x/x, and a bonus chance to proc secondary effects against ragdolled targets for the team? 

4. Seems pretty neat, but I keep wonder how does the placement work?  Do they saunter in from the ether like Nekros summons, snap into being like Loki holograms?  

Just thoughts.  I like the theme and flavor of your concept a lot, I hope it gets a chance to make into the game.

Honestly, I have no real idea. I didn't want to put stats in the concept as a) I hate reading fan concepts with stats, I like to skip to the powers and general theme and b) I would probably get them horribly wrong!

I guess in essence, probably similar stats to Banshee shield and Health wise, but less energy and a bit more speed. I sort of imagined him as a squishy fast loner like Ash (without the great health) but with the potential for great DPS with the right mods or weapons. But heavily reliant on his fourth skill and potentially survivor, to simply survive long enough to get his DPS out.

1. Yeah I originally thought about Gunzerk with the Gorgon in mind (because I was formaing at the time of writing this up), but the more I think about it, the more weapons it could be fun on! Basically it would be his bread and butter for dps and pinning down the enemies. It would only be as OP as the weapons you use really.

2. Yeah I thought of Finesse because I wanted a skill that really emphasised Sniper usage and aiming, rather than spraying down the crowds. Again the idea was for a solo skill. I didn't want pubs or people who can't aim ruining the headshot stack, plus I felt that gunslinger was a bit of a lone wolf.

3. Survivor was basically because I imagined him squishy, and none of the original four power concepts were a true "oh crap" skill. I thought that by having a minimal range, it would be a useful skill simply if he got swarmed, so you could pop survivor and run away to gun them down from a distance. A clutch skill without being a nuke was the concept.

4. Hadn't thought about it hugely as this was actually IgnusDei's input. However, I imagine it being more like Loki's decoy, but rather than appearing at the given location, they pop in in a radius surrounding the frame. I see it in my head as the gunslinger calling for back up, and instantly receiving it. Personally, I feel that they should remain still, effectively being decoys that deal damage. But, they would have to be animated, so turning to face the enemy they are shooting, perhaps the odd side-step, reloading effects etc. Plus, I feel that they should reflect the warframes appearance (as should Loki's decoy really), so at the very least reflecting the helmet that gunslinger wears.

You mention a bonus chance to proc secondary effects.... I like this idea. Procs weren't about when I came up with the concept, but I like the idea of a skill that utilises this new dimension. The only issue is, if you were to use gunzerk and a power that boosted proc chance, THAT could be deemed as overpowered as you could simply spray with say, gas or blast, and wipe out crowds. I'll try to think of a work around though.

Thanks for the interest! I'm surprised how well received this has been!

or what about adding in an ability that makes it so you dont consume ammo for a set amount of time while raising your or your teams fire rate?

Gunzerk does just that, but for the Gunslinger only. I didn't want to make an increase in fire rate a team buff because I figured a lot of people would be annoyed at burning through ammo too fast, and I didn't want a plain team damage boost because Rhino does that. That's why I went for "Critical Thinking" as the team buff, I figured it's kind of hard to hate on.

it'd be great to have a skill that makes it so you don't expend any ammo(including any ammo in the clip therefor no reload for like 15-30secs) itd be amazing for soma.

1. Gunzerk - Solo skill. 
Gunslinger converts energy into bullets (coz space magic) and speeds up their own rate of fire by 20/30/40% (effected by focus mods). No ammo is consumed and rate of fire increased for 5/10/15 (effected by duration mods) seconds, meaning no need for reload for maximum gunzerking.

Why isn't that warframe idea more supported ?

Necro'd that, I've already said that I love the concept, but after reading the skills one more time, I thought that they should be replace by another mechanic in order to have something a bit new. I brought some ideas of course.

I would like to see Luke like a crit/status based warframe. Both a support and a heavy damage dealer. Here are my skill ideas.

Skill 1 : Cracker. Offensive.

25 energy. Cooldown 1 sec.

Luke shot a piercing bullet. Boring isn't it ? But the little magic thing is that you can proc your 3 main elements placed in your secondary weapon with a 100% chance (including puncture, slash and impact). So imagine that you have a secondary that deal 50 impact, 15 puncture, 5 slash, 30 blast, and 20 electric damages, so using cracker will make you proc impact, blast AND electric damages ! Damages inflicted are 100+X/150+X/200+X/250+X, where X is your secondary weapons's total damage of the three main damage stats. With the precedent exemple, X is 50+30+20 = 100 damages. The skill IS NOT effected by power damage.

Skill 2 : Bullseyes. Team buff.

50 energy.

Disable all weapon recoil to all allies in range, adds a bonus of 3/6/9/12 accuracy, 5/10/15/20 percent crit chance and a 10/15/20/25 percent crit damage buff for 9/12/15/18 seconds affected by power duration. Effect in a 11/14/17/20 meter radius, affected by power range. Percentages acts like if they were added by mods (so a 25% crit bonus on a 20% crit weapon would gives you +5% crit chance). You CAN use any other skill while Lead Deluge is active.

Skill 3 : Desperado. Offensive

50 energy. 2 seconds cooldown.

Luke fires 5/6/7/8 bullets in fast succession (actualy based on your secondary weapon's fire rate) on the 5/6/7/8 nearest ennemies, knockbacking and ragdolling them (like if they took a Kestrel in the face), dealing 150/200/250/300 damages per shot. Damages are not affected by power damage, but the number of targeted ennemies is. The range is 20/20/25/25m, affected by power range. Each shot targets the nearest ennemy, so its actually possible to shot twice the same ennemy, but only if he in at range and if another enemy is not closer... So yeah it shots always what's close to you. The skill's fire rate is 2*Your secondary weapon's firing rate.

Skill 4 : Lead Deluge. Team buff.

100 energy.

Gives the whole team an insane firing rate buff and reload speed buff, a crit buff, and status chance buff. Bascially, it adds +20%/+30%/+40%/+50% firing speed and reload speed and +10%/+15%/+20%/+25% crit chances and status chance DIRECTLY ADDED to the base chance of the current weapon (so a 5% crit chance and status weapon will become a 30% crit chance/status chance weapon at maximum level), for 9/12/15/18 seconds, affected by power duration. Effects stacks with bullseyes. Effect in a 11/14/17/20 meter radius, affected by power range. You CAN use any other skill while Lead Deluge is active.

I really want the OP's opinion, but other's are welcome.

Why isn't that warframe idea more supported ?

Necro'd that, I've already said that I love the concept, but after reading the skills one more time, I thought that they should be replace by another mechanic in order to have something a bit new. I brought some ideas of course.

I would like to see Luke like a crit/status based warframe. Both a support and a heavy damage dealer. Here are my skill ideas.

Skill 1 : Cracker. Offensive.

25 energy. Cooldown 1 sec.

Luke shot a piercing bullet. Boring isn't it ? But the little magic thing is that you can proc your 3 main elements placed in your secondary weapon with a 100% chance (including puncture, slash and impact). So imagine that you have a secondary that deal 50 impact, 15 puncture, 5 slash, 30 blast, and 20 electric damages, so using cracker will make you proc impact, blast AND electric damages ! Damages inflicted are 100+X/150+X/200+X/250+X, where X is your secondary weapons's total damage of the three main damage stats. With the precedent exemple, X is 50+30+20 = 100 damages. The skill IS NOT effected by power damage.

Skill 2 : Bullseyes. Team buff.

50 energy.

Disable all weapon recoil to all allies in range, adds a bonus of 3/6/9/12 accuracy, 5/10/15/20 percent crit chance and a 10/15/20/25 percent crit damage buff for 9/12/15/18 seconds affected by power duration. Effect in a 11/14/17/20 meter radius, affected by power range. Percentages acts like if they were added by mods (so a 25% crit bonus on a 20% crit weapon would gives you +5% crit chance). You CAN use any other skill while Lead Deluge is active.

Skill 3 : Desperado. Offensive

50 energy. 2 seconds cooldown.

Luke fires 5/6/7/8 bullets in fast succession (actualy based on your secondary weapon's fire rate) on the 5/6/7/8 nearest ennemies, knockbacking and ragdolling them (like if they took a Kestrel in the face), dealing 150/200/250/300 damages per shot. Damages are not affected by power damage, but the number of targeted ennemies is. The range is 20/20/25/25m, affected by power range. Each shot targets the nearest ennemy, so its actually possible to shot twice the same ennemy, but only if he in at range and if another enemy is not closer... So yeah it shots always what's close to you. The skill's fire rate is 2*Your secondary weapon's firing rate.

Skill 4 : Lead Deluge. Team buff.

100 energy.

Gives the whole team an insane firing rate buff and reload speed buff, a crit buff, and status chance buff. Bascially, it adds +20%/+30%/+40%/+50% firing speed and reload speed and +10%/+15%/+20%/+25% crit chances and status chance DIRECTLY ADDED to the base chance of the current weapon (so a 5% crit chance and status weapon will become a 30% crit chance/status chance weapon at maximum level), for 9/12/15/18 seconds, affected by power duration. Effects stacks with bullseyes. Effect in a 11/14/17/20 meter radius, affected by power range. You CAN use any other skill while Lead Deluge is active.

I really want the OP's opinion, but other's are welcome.

Hey cheers for the interest! I'd just like to iterate that this idea was put in place before Damage 2.0, hence there were no mentions of proc buffs etc.

1. I actually really quite like this idea, especially if it sort of procs everything it's path. The only issue is, Status effects now scale with damage of the weapon, meaning they can be really quite powerful when stacked. In this case, it might be necessary to make this a number 2 power, as it might be too powerful (especially against infested when they run at you).

2. I like the idea of a crit buffing power. But, although different, this skill is too similar o the "Lead deluge" in my opinion, both buffing crit. This encourages you to have both powers active all the time and therefore be a power hungry frame, which wasn't the intention. Also, the fact that it is multiplicative and not additive encourages the use of crit based weapons for the frame rather than any weapon. The frame is meant to be a gunslinger, master of all guns and in my opinion, should not limit himself to weapons based on criticals.

3. Honestly, I don't like this idea. It just seems like a 360 sonic boom with more damage and takes time. I fear that in practice, this would suffer in the same way bladestorm would, given that the animations of the individual attacks would hold this power back.

4. As I mentioned earlier, I don't like that this power also buffs crits. For a second reason, it is that it doesn't give the frame enough variety in all honesty, too much focus on criticals and procs for damage. Also, slight nitpick, but having a team increased fire speed without infinite ammo would inevitably create issues in the same way that speed used to. Not everyone will appreciate losing their ammo faster without having it replenished.

I like the general idea, but the impression I get is that it is more tailored to perhaps a sniper type class? It seems very focused on criticals, bearing in mind 2/4 powers are tailored towards that idea, which would actually be almost too powerful in damage 2.0 as criticals are very powerful on their own. Also, if both Lead Deluge and Bullseye were active, wouldn't that make his other powers just sort of one shot everything due to critting all the time?

My intention was to have a frame darting about, constantly dishing out damage whilst staying alive and diverting enemy attention. That's why I felt the need for a power that allows infinite ammo with no reloads (to really set the frame apart from other frames)

All right. No problemo.

Maybe replacing the skill 2 by something else is a good idea indeed. But I don't know what would be good with the skill 2 since it should be a support frame too from my point of view.

Also adding survivor to replace skill 2 would be quite good, but only if it would act like a team buff too, since the support is an aspect of the frame with my current ideas.

About skill 3, I wasn't though about being a 360 degree skill. You would be actually able to hit only ennemies appearing on the screen (so quite the same AoE of pull, minus some range... Yeah I the range I put in description is way too high). But If I put a skill like that with survivors, it's quite contradictory.

Maybe I should split Lead Deluge in two in order to make another team buff for skill 3.

All right. No problemo.

Maybe replacing the skill 2 by something else is a good idea indeed. But I don't know what would be good with the skill 2 since it should be a support frame too from my point of view.

Also adding survivor to replace skill 2 would be quite good, but only if it would act like a team buff too, since the support is an aspect of the frame with my current ideas.

About skill 3, I wasn't though about being a 360 degree skill. You would be actually able to hit only ennemies appearing on the screen (so quite the same AoE of pull, minus some range... Yeah I the range I put in description is way too high). But If I put a skill like that with survivors, it's quite contradictory.

Maybe I should split Lead Deluge in two in order to make another team buff for skill 3.

Making Survivor a team buff gave me an idea... Seeing as you are thinking of a support frame based around teamwork...

Unity - Luke gains damage reduction for the duration of the power. Any team-mates within the range also gain damage reduction. Damage reduction is increased with the number of friendlies in range of the power. 7/10/12/15 % damage reduction per friendly tenno in the radius (effected by focus mods?). Luke counts as 1 of course.

The damage reduction might to be calculated exponentially, with diminishing returns, to prevent near invincibility. Say that focus mods have diminishing returns past 20% per friendly tenno?

Edited by TunaMayo

In my mind, if we a have space ninja Gunslinger, he's gotta be straight out of a John Woo movie. On steroids. Constantly in the middle of the fight, sowing confusion and death with unbelievable style. This Warframe sounds like it's traveling down the same trickster path as Loki and Ash, so the powers should reflect that.

Trick Shot- Single Target Damage, Evasive Skill

15 energy

Performs a quick sidestep, at the end of which Gunslinger shoots a single enemy. The power uses the currently equipped sidearm, using that pistols damage. While giving a bonus to damage (25/50/75/100) and critical strike chance (10%/15%/20%/25%). Targets closes enemy Gunslinger is facing, the sidestep itself is done in the direction that the Warframe is moving.

Trick Shot Combo: Trick Shot can be used during Gunslingers other powers, altering Trick Shots affect.

Sidewinder- Evasive Skill, Team Buff

50 Energy

Gunslinger dashes backwards, leaving a hardlight clone in his place. Causing enemies to lose track of him and begin attacking the clone. Which holds its position, opening fire on nearby enemies to draw aggro. Gunslinger instantly reloads his weapon and all nearby team mates, boosting the damage for that clip (15/25/35/45).

Ricochet Shot: Trick Shots bullet now bounces from target to target (2/3/4/5). Trick Shot must be used just as the back dash finishes.

Blitz- Misdirection Skill

50 Energy

Somersaulting forward, Gunslinger leaves a hardlight clone behind. If Gunslinger comes into contact with an enemy during the somersaults flight, he kick-flips off their face. Doing moderate damage and knocking them to the ground.

Barrage Shot: Empties an entire clip into the closes enemy in range, can be used at any point during the powers flight time. Damage bonus is reduced from normal Trick Shot (10/30/50/70), but critical chance remains the same.

Bullet Hell- Ultimate

100 Energy

Gunslinger begins a full Gun Kata, becoming a whirlwind of bullets. Spinning in place and firing on enemies until the powers duration ends or he has fired three clips of ammo (Six if dual wielding). Targeted enemies are marked with a cross hairs on their forehead, which is active until Bullet Hell ends. Increasing crit chance and damage (15%/30%/45%/60%) for Gunslinger and allies head shots. Gunslinger does not take damage from ranged attacks(he dodges the bullets), but can be struck by melee, poison and powers. At anytime during Bullet Hell, he can dodge out of it. Ending the power and leaving behind a Hell clone that continues performing Bullet Hell for the powers remaining duration, but at 25% damage(Increased by Focus). If he uses Blitz or Sidewinder to evade, he will continue performing Bullet Hell when he lands, while still creating a Hell clone. He can create up to 2/2/3/4 such clones this way.

Kill Shot: Gives Trick Shot a chance to kill a wounded enemy, target must be below X% Health. Normal Trick Shot damage if the target is not below the health limit. Can be freely used during Bullet Hell's duration and does not interrupt it.

Hardlight Clones: Pretty much how Tuna has already put them in. Only exception being Bullet Hell clones.

One of the alt helmets should be called Coyote. :)

Edited by MadMoonDog

This is a really cool idea. I like that he kinda looks like Ash but wild west style. Also do you think it would be better or at least more appropriate that the clones for "Never Outgunned" (I think for this version up to 3) formed back to back with their creator and each other to form a square, shooting in all directions, like a last stand? And they moved in unison with the frame, so he could revolve and kill all, like a shooting wheel of death.

Nice idea of a warframe=)

Concerning skills - i dont see the gunslinger as a caster type warframe - so i guess its skills should be mainly buffs. Also i would like to see skills that can be turned on/off and drain the energy continuosly.

Skill proposal :

Desperado - 4th skill*ultimate*(sorry for the repeating name) - tenno strives to utilize the weapon to max wihtout care for his own body

Upon activation (max lvl of skill) shooting speed inctreases 20%, damage increases 20%, all fire becomes auto, all enemyes in 25 meter range got the debuff like a bullets attractor - all bullets that fly within 1 meter radius from the enemy fly into the target. Each time tenno shots he looses 3hp for assault rifles, 7 for shotgun and etc. I would have loved auto aim for this but bullet attractor effect is easyer to implement.

Edited by NoDisco