Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charm Mod for Kubrows

Shining_Moon

Yes please! I can't believe this hasn't been requested more. The Charm mod shouldn't just be limited to the Smeeta. To be honest, I never use any other companion, because of this reason. It would be great if DE even made this mod available to all companions, even Sentinels. I'm sure it wouldn't take DE too long to make Charm a universal companion mod, which would be so great.

2 hours ago, FragMaster_85 said:

Yes please! I can't believe this hasn't been requested more. The Charm mod shouldn't just be limited to the Smeeta. To be honest, I never use any other companion, because of this reason. It would be great if DE even made this mod available to all companions, even Sentinels. I'm sure it wouldn't take DE too long to make Charm a universal companion mod, which would be so great.

The problem is that every best utility from a companion can't be magically universal. This is basically the "mandatory mods" discussion but for companions. This discussion has been had for Base Damage, Multishot, and Vacuum. If Charm is universal, everyone will flock to the next best companion and you are back at square one where there is only one most compelling option while the rest remain overshadowed. 

The current companion system isn't too bad. If you own all of them, there is a niche use in each. Unfortunately, the stagnant gameplay doesn't encourage using a Sahasa or Huras or Wyrm Prime. The options are there, we just have no real need for them so everyone jumps on Charm as it gives a double buff or Helios Prime to scan for the Codex. 

Making Charm universal wouldn't change the situation much, and its utility isn't as game-changing as Vacuum. It's just a random buff generator.

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The problem is that every best utility from a companion can't be magically universal. This is basically the "mandatory mods" discussion but for companions. This discussion has been had for Base Damage, Multishot, and Vacuum. If Charm is universal, everyone will flock to the next best companion and you are back at square one where there is only one most compelling option while the rest remain overshadowed. 

The current companion system isn't too bad. If you own all of them, there is a niche use in each. Unfortunately, the stagnant gameplay doesn't encourage using a Sahasa or Huras or Wyrm Prime. The options are there, we just have no real need for them so everyone jumps on Charm as it gives a double buff or Helios Prime to scan for the Codex. 

Making Charm universal wouldn't change the situation much, and its utility isn't as game-changing as Vacuum. It's just a random buff generator.

Damn dude, you explained that really well, thanks. A lot of that stuff didn't even cross my mind lol. I suppose it really wouldn't be as profound as I thought it would be.

Since Warframe is often about a lot of grind, the Charme Mod is of course in great demand.

In order to have at least a little more choice here, it would be nice if there was at least a new kind of Kubrow that has similar abilities.

But basically it's true that it's a shame that Kubrow skills aren't that important to the game.

Charm might be the highest value companion, but it's not universally preferred. I like that there is variety, and several other companions are better at other things, like boosting damage or spreading status. Making charm universal means one more mandatory mod on every companion, and a new ability in Smeeta which will likely pale in comparison to Charm. 

Smeeta should act as a companion that does what other companions do, but better with the catch of it being RNG based to proc. Charm only works because of it's exclusivity. I use smeeta almost all the time purely because of the charm, but that's because I'm in need of millions of resources for my dojo, but once that's done my Smeeta will probably be exclusively used on specific resource farms like toroids, vitus, steel essence etc. 

I would honestly prefer a kubrow which drops more loot for everyone, similar to nekros/khora/hydroid over a charm kubrow. 

Archived