Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question for whoever is willing to test this.

NuclearCoffeePot

Question

Has anybody tested whether abilities like thermal sunder, rest and rage, or pillage can effect enemies inside Hydroids puddle if he is casting the ability. Since it doesnt seem like he is going to get any changes any time soon I am testing whether there are any helminth abilities that can improve his gameplay. (note that by improve gameplay I mean allow him to kill enemies faster, I am not interested in helminth builds like resonator or pull with undertow that just taunt enemies into the puddle.

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PSN)mahoshonenfox said:

I'm guessing it does. Last time I checked you can Tempest Barrage enemies inside Undertow. There's no reason why other abilities won't hit them. The enemies are still technically there. Its all just graphical that they're "underwater."

There's a pretty good reason why the abilities might not damage enemies affected by Undertow considering subsumed abilities were not originally designed to be used by Hydroid. Part of the issue is also whether or not the ability is castable while in Undertow.

Tempest Barrage was specifically designed to have synergistic interaction with Undertow.

On 2020-12-07 at 8:49 PM, Leqesai said:

There's a pretty good reason why the abilities might not damage enemies affected by Undertow considering subsumed abilities were not originally designed to be used by Hydroid. Part of the issue is also whether or not the ability is cast able while in Undertow.

Tempest Barrage was specifically designed to have synergistic interaction with Undertow.

So far almost all abilities I have tried are cast able from undertow, it seems like somewhere in his code there is just a blanket "can cast abilities in undertow" rather than it being specific to his abilities.

4 hours ago, NuclearCoffeePot said:

So far almost all abilities I have tried are cast able from undertow, it seems like somewhere in his code there is just a blanket "can cast abilities in undertow" rather than it being specific to his abilities.

That is interesting...

Very very interesting indeed...

Archived