Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Supra So Inferior To The Soma?

TheAscendedOne

Even increasing the mastery requirement of the Soma from 3 to 6 does nothing to balance it against the Supra.

Materials

Supra costs 7 Fieldron, 1 Forma, 7000 salvage, 1k alloy plates, and has a 24 hour build time.

Some costs 7 morphics, 850 plastids, 1200 rubedo, and 8k salvage with a 12 hour build time.

Supra clearly has a higher material cost.

Pre-requisites. 

Soma has a Rank 6 Mastery requirement.

Supra has a Rank 7 Mastery requirement AND must be unlocked through the dojo.

From this, one can discern that the Supra is meant to be a higher tier weapon than the Soma.

Effectiveness

Supra has a wind-up time, like the Gorgon. Soma does not.

Supra projectiles are not hitscan. Soma projectiles are hitscan with near-perfect accuracy, even at Latron range.

Supra has a clip size of 90. Soma has a clip size of 100.

Supra has pathetic crit stats of 2.5% chance for 150% damage. Soma has amazing crit stats at 30% and 300%.

The Soma has a higher rate of fire than the Supra.

The Supra has a $&*&*#(%&ly long 4.2 second reload, as compared to the Soma's 3s.

The Soma has 2 V polarity slots. The Supra has no innate polarities.

The ONLY advantage of the Supra is a higher base damage on its bullets, which is made irrelevant by its nearly non-existent crit stats.

Summary/TL;DR

The Soma makes the Supra completely useless, even though the latter has much higher requirements and resource costs.

Why is this the case? 

The Supra has travel time, and is not very accurate.

This is my 666th post. c:

I meant to imply that in the hitscan argument, but yeah. It's just one more sign that the Supra is a poorly conceived garbage-tier weapon, especially with the Soma around to do its job better in every way.

Edited by TheAscendedOne

The reason for all of that is that Soma was sort of an experiment, like Galatine. And I hate to be the that guy, but... I would wait until damage/armor 2.0.

Damage/armor 2.0 isn't going to magically make one weapon (that does the same damage type as the other weapon) suddenly comparable to a weapon that is superior to it in every single way. 

I still love my Supra =(

Damage/armor 2.0 isn't going to magically make one weapon (that does the same damage type as the other weapon) suddenly comparable to a weapon that is superior to it in every single way. 

not the same damage type -_-

Edited by theasl

Not what I meant. I'm pretty sure DE doesn't want to change stats of weapons (besides mastery rank) until after they totally change the damage system, as that could screw things up in a different way. Patience is a virtue.

soma needs a nerf

either less crit dmg or less crit chance

having both is $&*&*#(%&

but whatevs, i hope it gets addressed with the armor/dmg 2.0 revision like everything else

but yes i agree that it gives too much for its ease of access compared to the supra

The Supra could use a re-work. With the right mods equipped, even the Dera beats it, and that's only Mastery Rank 4.

As for the Soma, I still say lower the critical chance a bit. A 20-25% critical chance is still reasonable without the overkill. Right now I'd have to agree that the Soma owns everything from a DPS standpoint, even though I personally find it boring to use.

I remember when ppl said that supra is so op with 35 base dmg and its not worth using gorgon, so they havent and not a single f*** was given. Now theres a better weapon and you found a problem cause "not so hard to get at all clan weapons" arent best.

No one ever said that highest mastery requirments must be best in slot. Weapons will become obsolete at some point simply because community demanded tiered system instead of sidegrades, we are all to blame for that.

Edited by Davoodoo