Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught Complication

JackFraust

The main issue I see when it comes to Sanctuary Onslaught is the fact that players leave whenever they want. As for the players who want to go to round 8 in order to farm for the Lato Vandal and Braton Vandal parts, most are forced to extract, because they're not able to solo through rounds 3 to 8.

Now, don't get me wrong; I'm not saying something along the lines of removing the option for players to extract or make enemies easier to solo. Many players simply use Onslaught to level up weapons/pets (including me) and there's nothing wrong with that. But, as Onslaught is currently, it's nothing shy of taking a gamble in order to gamble.

What I would like to be added is a method of letting new players join already started Onslaughts that have passed Round 2 (something similar to how Deimos' Isolation Vaults work). Something like, new players being able to join on odd numbered rounds, regardless of the progression of that Onslaught. This way, players who are only there for the affinity feel no obligation to stay until round 8 while players wanting to play until round 8 or farther aren't forced to leave and restart because they lost to many players and cannot keep the Efficiency up.

What makes farming for Vandal Lato and Vandal Braton parts so difficult is not the low percentage drop-rate, but the lower chance of keeping enough players to get to round 6 and/or round 8 to get that chance at obtaining those parts.

37 minutes ago, Jem991 said:

Saryn + daikyu + daikyu amalgam mod + nikana prime = easy 8 round solo

Saryn ok, but if you have any survaivability issue just equip Healing Return on whichever melee weapon you want, without limiting yourself to that specific primary + melee loadout

6 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

Saryn ok, but if you have any survaivability issue just equip Healing Return on whichever melee weapon you want, without limiting yourself to that specific primary + melee loadout

Nikana prime is good healing return also good but if I put this mod 1 slot damage mod drop down

17 minutes ago, Jem991 said:

Nikana prime is good healing return also good but if I put this mod 1 slot damage mod drop down

We are not talking about 1h+ Steel Path. ESO 8th wave is easy enough to deal with one less melee mod + you are not actually killing with the weapon but with spores + miasma

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Can we not be forced to take that overrated frame into Onslaught if we want to reach Round 8 Solo?

Yes we can. DE make spesific warframe to spesific job. like spy loki limbo ivara ash, like tank rhino inaros nidus. if you want job done you use the spesific frame to this job. You can't want to some broker build a house.

In a sense OP, you'd be asking for the ability to Skip Rounds and get to the Late Rotations Early, where the good loot drops.

While from your perspective as the last man abandoned that would not be the case;

but anyone who was added later on to fill in would basically get to skip a bunch of grind and gain access to the Vandal drops with less time spent.

For that reason alone I don't think DE would approve of the concept; good loot is hidden behind 3-4 rounds specifically to make it Hard to Get.

If your proposal was implemented I could easily see a Join-Late strategy appearing; where players repeatedly join and quit random matches until they land on ones that are at round 7+. I know I used a similar exploit back in Destiny2 for Iron Banner token farming matches.....

On 2020-12-12 at 7:12 PM, DebrisFlow said:

Alternatively in my preference, just punch a fool with the Hirudo and there's all the health. No special mod necessary there.

On 2020-12-12 at 5:45 PM, JackFraust said:

The main issue I see when it comes to Sanctuary Onslaught is the fact that players leave whenever they want. As for the players who want to go to round 8 in order to farm for the Lato Vandal and Braton Vandal parts, most are forced to extract, because they're not able to solo through rounds 3 to 8.

Now, don't get me wrong; I'm not saying something along the lines of removing the option for players to extract or make enemies easier to solo. Many players simply use Onslaught to level up weapons/pets (including me) and there's nothing wrong with that. But, as Onslaught is currently, it's nothing shy of taking a gamble in order to gamble.

You might not be, but I am. Sanctuary Onslaught is a travesty and should be reworked.. or just removed, so Cephalon Tsundere can stop complaining that we're trying to do what he wants with the way our sodding toolkit actually works.

It shouldn't require narrowly specific frames, tools or builds just to achieve a single basic rotation. Especially when the playing field is consistently narrowing as things get line-of-sight restricted (one of the biggest necessities of the mode, since you can't afford losing KPS by going around the map and seeing everything you attack). It shouldn't try to one-mechanic-fits-all the cooldown restriction when some abilities are literally designed to be used multiple times in a short space of time while others exist which only need casting once every 20 seconds anyway.

Archived