Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what's the Orphix Venom Leaderboard "formula"?

Y0rg0

Question

Hi there,

looking at the current Leaderboard -- at the moment of writing this: top at ~50k, bottom at ~30k -- I wonder how those numbers are calculated!?

it cannot be the points from one single mission, as this just cannot be much higher than ~22k, because there are only 36 Orphixes to kill, and they come at defined times;
(and no killed mobs [not even sentinents] increase those points; only the mission timer [~1 point per second]  and killed Orphixes [500 points I think, but may be variable] will do!)

nor can it be the sum of all killed Orphixes in the entire event - in that case all the numbers would be _much_ higher...

please explain....

13 answers to this question

people get the 40k scores by using framerate manipulation. those are indeed the best individual score each person has achieved. it only shows the top 1400, so thats why the bottom are at 30k. indeed killed sentinents DO increase the score by a miniscule amount, so thats how they get those scores. i hope this helps!

3 hours ago, Dark_Zucker said:

well... it was coded as such and if they ban those peeps than ther will just be more. it is done by having the host force their game into 1-2fps. this slows down the progression like crazy and allows the rest of the team to run around killing sentients for points.

It is hot only sentients that give points, i noticed this when shortly after the start of the mission and before the first Orphix spawned we got points.

ok, those added points from when Orphixes spawn and Sentients been killed must be really little then, or?
I watch the points all the times and only ever noticed a big jump when an Orphix was killed...

Back to the FPS story: the Leaderboard always lists 4-person-squads with exactly the same points!?
Are they all running the same high-end graphics card and all are killing exactly the same number of Sentients?
Or are the overall points are somehow normalized or the highest amount of points is given to the the whole Squad?
(well, probably there only is one point counter for the whole team, and any kill will increase everybodys points!?
 because when one is standing in one corner of the map and an Orphix is killed on the other side, he still will get those points...)

hace 1 hora, Y0rg0 dijo:

ok, those added points from when Orphixes spawn and Sentients been killed must be really little then, or?
I watch the points all the times and only ever noticed a big jump when an Orphix was killed...

Back to the FPS story: the Leaderboard always lists 4-person-squads with exactly the same points!?
Are they all running the same high-end graphics card and all are killing exactly the same number of Sentients?
Or are the overall points are somehow normalized or the highest amount of points is given to the the whole Squad?
(well, probably there only is one point counter for the whole team, and any kill will increase everybodys points!?
 because when one is standing in one corner of the map and an Orphix is killed on the other side, he still will get those points...)

The four people of the Squad.

On 2021-01-07 at 5:38 AM, Dark_Zucker said:

people get the 40k scores by using framerate manipulation. those are indeed the best individual score each person has achieved. it only shows the top 1400, so thats why the bottom are at 30k. indeed killed sentinents DO increase the score by a miniscule amount, so thats how they get those scores. i hope this helps!

No you are wrong lol, you can get over 40k+ without frame rate manipulation, I can provide proof if you want to. It's a general misconception, I'm saying this not to spite or anything but please stop spreading misinformation.

37 minutes ago, Denaro_RXV said:

No you are wrong lol, you can get over 40k+ without frame rate manipulation, I can provide proof if you want to. It's a general misconception, I'm saying this not to spite or anything but please stop spreading misinformation.

yeah i just saw the video from Aznvasions but nontheless a good chunk of the ones from the leaderboard still use it cause it makes it so that you dont have to spend 300+ tries to get the god tileset

9 hours ago, Dark_Zucker said:

yeah i just saw the video from Aznvasions but nontheless a good chunk of the ones from the leaderboard still use it cause it makes it so that you dont have to spend 300+ tries to get the god tileset

Nah, those either got banned or removed from the leaderboard, some of those looks pretty sketchy to me but I know some people from that board who would never resort to exploit. There's a reason why there are so few 40k + runs. Azn actually took weeks to find a team that's willing to do the strategy with him.

1 hour ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

how do i find out how myself and my clan is doing on leaderboards on console ?

Open the Menu (Start button on console I think)

Profile -> Leaderboards ->  Operation: Oprhix Venom ->

Ranking-> Personal for your score.

Ranking-> Clan to see how well your clan is doing compared to others.

Clan -> Top to see how which people in your clan are doing the best.

Clan -> Personal to see how well you're doing compared to the members of your clan.

If you are part of a ghost clan those two options will display the same.

Archived