Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Three things that should be "fixed" with update 30 (or sooner)

Graavarg

1. "Magically Teleporting Dying Pets"

If I close my eyes and really try, I can sort of understand the idea behind this "game mechanic". Sometimes pets, especially kavats, get themselves into trouble in interesting places. So an automatic "/unstuck" on a pet that goes down is sort of logical. What is totally illogical is this dying pet continuously teleporting to new locations, until it finally dies (and hopefully finds some peace). It is also extremely irritating.

I have stopped trying to rez other player's pets, because they will teleport away before I get there. They will also suddenly disappear (teleport away) while you are rezzing them. Continuously. It has gotten so bad I wish I could just kill the poor suffering sods, immediately. However, this doesn't only happen to other player's pets, it will affect your own pet too. While you rush towards where it is dying, it will teleport away to where you were standing a few seconds ago. Having to try to time your movements and your fighting to the timing of a teleporting dying pet is just the practical, irritating fallout of this mechanic, the logical reason for it all (the actual teleporting ability) is also beyond my grasp. Maybe some sort of "between life-and-death Tenno space magic for pets"?

DE, please. PLEASE! Could you at least change this mockery into a "one single teleport on entering a dying state"-mechanism instead, giving both the poor dying pet and me (and maybe some other players as well) some peace (of mind). And make the "dying animal teleport function" happen BEFORE the red marker signaling a dying squad member/pet shows up on the HUD/map. This would be an enormous improvement, not only would the poor dying sucker stay in one place so that it can be brought back to life, the actual place where it is dying would show up and correctly stay in one place on the map.

2. "Dude, is there an exit?"

Due to some little change somewhere the green EXIT-"path marker" currently disappears in some missions. Quite often, my guess would be in about half of my missions, currently. It can also magically reappear, when you enter a room. The EXIT-marker on the overlay map will show up as before, but you only see it if you are close enough. My initial theory was that this is connected to host changes, but it isn't. Or rather, yes, both host changes and players leaving a mission seems to be able to trigger the disappearance of the EXIT-"path marker", but it also disappears in solo missions. I tried to check this out by doing solo capture runs in the Void (Hepit/Ukko), and even solo I still lose the EXIT-"path marker" in about a third of the missions. This happens in solo, non-endless missions that would normally take about 60 seconds (they take a bit longer as you first have to get the EXIT-marker show up on your overlay map and then figure out the way to get there).

I sincerely wish this would get fixed. I am (in all probability) not alone in this fervent wish. If this is a new feature ("look for the hidden exit") and not a bug, please let me know, as it would calm my somewhat frayed Warframe-nerves. And if it is a feature, could you please enhance the "marking function" (normally [G]) so that keeping it pressed for a few seconds would create a non-disappearing mark. This would allow friendly and helpful players to look for and mark the exit, "mission-permanently". And if this is the case ("it's a feature, not a bug") it would be super duper if you would include a "help me to the exit"-command for pets, when the "Pets 2.0" arrives (this year?). A "pets leading the Tenno"-functionality...

On the other hand, if it is a bug (that crept in sometime during the dark winter months) and you will find and fix it, could you please add a small offset to the EXIT-"path marker" so that it wouldn't be 99% hidden behind a "next objective"-marker?

3. "The mystical force-focused end mission drop filter"

The short time when a mission is "ending" is when players normally chat with each other. Even if it is a simple "gg guys" to three random unknown players. It is a short timespan when Tenno can be polite, friendly and interact without affecting kill stats, dps or other time-dependent stuff in the game. Since a player can't really do anything else while "extracting", this is a time-honoured tradition.

However, at the moment the new "loot interface" (ok, "end mission drop screen") hijacks my cursor and force-focus it into the "filter"-field. And yes, I know, compared to mystically teleporting almost dead pets and mysteriously hidden exits this is a really small problem. But still, it inhibits my (minimal) communicating with other Tennos, and I've read on the Internet that "communicating" is very important now that there is a pandemic going on (I don't quite get it, being an introvert nerdy gamer, but hey, the mighty Internet is never wrong, is it?). And some of us nerdy gamers have even developed the Pavlovian reflex of pressing [T] when extracting, in order to open the chat and communicate with our fellow Tenno. This (pressing [T]) now instead (and somewhat surprisingly) filters my currents drops to anything including "t", since the [T] shows up in the filter field instead of opening up the chat. Not only does this stop me from communicating with the other players, it messes with my inner peace & zen since my loot-fixated brain interprets the result as "what, where did my loot go!". It takes a couple of micro-seconds to figure out that all the loot containing a "t" is still there, and that a "t" has mystically appeared in the filter field, and that I can get all my loot back by (urgently) pressing my backspace. However, during these micro-seconds my pulse and anxiety-level is spiking, my internal system is flooded with adrenaline and I stop breathing, and while not a health worker or a doctor my conclusion is that this is not good for my (mental) health.

So, on a coffee break or something (like the Canadian equivalent of the Swedish "fika"), could you please stop the force-focus into the filter field, please! It would be great, it would increase communication between Tennos (to previous levels, at least) and I would even probably live longer as a result.

Btw, thanks for a mostly great 2020, keep up the good work and may Warframe never die!

7 hours ago, Graavarg said:

green EXIT-"path marker" currently disappears in some missions

excavation missions are particularly annoying for this. I find that you can minimise the minimap and see which general directoopn the exit is, as the marker appears as a waypoint on the map (but without the directions). Its still a real nuisance even today with many maps mostly memorised, as a new player I remember vowing never to do an excavation mission again after failing to find the damn exit.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived