Dojo decoration resource requirement

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

Question

9 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

It sucks they didnt.

If this is referring to your original question,

44 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Did DE say in a recent dev stream that they were going to come down on the resource requirements for dojo decorations (reducing resorce cost)?

…then you'll see that they did in fact say that in the post I linked:

Our next Dojo milestone is a Resource Rebalance. We’ll be reducing Decoration Resource costs by 25% and taking a second look at how Morphics, Gallium, and Control Modules distribute across Recipes. Resource costs of the recent Entrati Orokin and Infested Decorations from Update 29.5: Deimos Arcana demonstrate the kind of levels you can expect.

9 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

I see that you already answered yourself, but here is an official DE forum post about all the announced upcoming changes to Dojos and Clans:

Thank you! I need to follow her

It sucks they didnt. I never really thought about how bad it was until now like nobody wants to slave hours of their time just for your opinion on how to decorate a room

I wouldnt want to do it, its a different story if its a new weapon that you want me to help build, that probably would only cost me 30minutes every few months and theres something in it for everybody! Thats a good deal

Dojo decorations tho? Placing 1,000,000 decorations in a room and asking me to help you build it all when i think the room is perfect without decorations? When those decorations benefit NOBODY???

No i wouldnt want to help with that. Especially if you are just going to add more stuff

Its not cool, you'd seriously be just asking me to slave for you and you only. Taking away my earned free time after a hard day of work or a hard day period!

Thats terrible

7 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

If this is referring to your original question,

…then you'll see that they did in fact say that in the post I linked:

Oh well heck, thank you x2, i missed that

Good that theyre looking into it! Hopefully it gets reduced way further than that as its not beneficial to the clan, only the decorater benefits from it and it should treated as such

33 minutes ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

It sucks they didnt. I never really thought about how bad it was until now like nobody wants to slave hours of their time just for your opinion on how to decorate a room

I wouldnt want to do it, its a different story if its a new weapon that you want me to help build, that probably would only cost me 30minutes every few months and theres something in it for everybody! Thats a good deal

Dojo decorations tho? Placing 1,000,000 decorations in a room and asking me to help you build it all when i think the room is perfect without decorations? When those decorations benefit NOBODY???

No i wouldnt want to help with that. Especially if you are just going to add more stuff

Its not cool, you'd seriously be just asking me to slave for you and you only. Taking away my earned free time after a hard day of work or a hard day period!

Thats terrible

Contributing to the dojo is part of being in a clan, in return you get all the free research. If you don't like it, feel free to start your own clan and pay for all the research. My own clan actually encourages me to decorate and and offers to contribute resources where needed.

22 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Contributing to the dojo is part of being in a clan, in return you get all the free research. If you don't like it, feel free to start your own clan and pay for all the research. My own clan actually encourages me to decorate and and offers to contribute resources where needed.

I have no problems with donating to research like weapons because this helps players out. Everybody gets access to new weapons that they can enjoy, that makes sense

Decorations though? Imagine if i came up to your job as the leader of it, and made you spend your free time on a whole lot of decorations that mainly i liked...

Im talking pink desk, unicorns statues, rainbow lights, etc

You telling me even half the people who work at the job are about to put up with that when theres another identical job out there that doesnt ask you to sacrifice free time for something so unnecssary????

1 hour ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

I have no problems with donating to research like weapons because this helps players out. Everybody gets access to new weapons that they can enjoy, that makes sense

Decorations though? Imagine if i came up to your job as the leader of it, and made you spend your free time on a whole lot of decorations that mainly i liked...

Im talking pink desk, unicorns statues, rainbow lights, etc

You telling me even half the people who work at the job are about to put up with that when theres another identical job out there that doesnt ask you to sacrifice free time for something so unnecssary????

It comes down to the clan mate, simply join one that isn't interested in making their dojo into something awesome. Personally I enjoy decorating the dojo and creating something unique instead of boring corridors and hallways. Just find one that wants a blank slate instead. The issue here is you're not moving to that identical job you're referencing.

17 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It comes down to the clan mate, simply join one that isn't interested in making their dojo into something awesome. Personally I enjoy decorating the dojo and creating something unique instead of boring corridors and hallways. Just find one that wants a blank slate instead. The issue here is you're not moving to that identical job you're referencing.

Yea this isnt referring to the point i was making. Even if you like to have a fully decorated dojo, chances are really high the you will never find a decorater with the same taste as you, and you will have to give up your time to help them decorate

Its whatever though. Ive found my solution which is simply to not decorate as much as i want. Its a shame as i always get compliments or comments on how my dojo looks like a ice cave, some say that they didnt know it was dojo, its that intense

But im letting that go because no matter how you try to phrase it, that requirement is not okay to do to people. Especially not by force

Im going to focus on actually helping everyone in the clan as opposed to making them fulfil my selfish needs to have an ice dojo with these unjust resource reqs. Maybe 1 day DE will see how it makes sense to let decoraters pay for work that primarily benfits the decorater instead of 1000 other players. If that day isnt the 1 with the current changes they plan on making

Archived