Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHY is there not a system to prevent this stupid RNG from happening!?

RedZeroInferno

vor 43 Minuten schrieb CuriosityTheKat:

The initial poster is literally just looking for a prevention of a full squad all getting the same exact item, thus defeating the purpose of even doing fissures in a squad.

My opinion on that is that if you think that there's no purpose to doing fissures in a squad just becase there's a remote chance that everyone could roll the same common reward, you really have no business participating in discussions about drop rates, on account of not understanding the entire concept on even the most basic level.

Come to think of that, I already told the initial poster exactly that on page one.

On 2021-02-13 at 7:18 PM, RedZeroInferno said:

Then what the hell is the entire point of the system? like there's a whole SYSTEM DESIGNED to give you a higher percentage chance to get a rare reward if you upgrade the relic.
WAHT THE HELL IS THE POINT OF THE SYSTEM IF IT DOESNT ACTUALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Just gonna point this out, Initially the RNG for void missions was vastly worse back in the old void days, so much so that some drops in the drop tables were lower then 2% in some cases with larger drop tables to boot, this system is a bit more forgiving as literally you can farm relics everywhere in mass numbers, on top of the tables associated with each relic being much MUCH smaller, back then we used to go to Kappa on Sedna to get T3 and T4 void keys that dropped every every few rotations... and thats it no place else, at the same time we would level our stuff. this system in turn gave they player(s) a choice on where to farm items rather then sticking to the "go to hotspots" spot if you will.

With that in mind players would always pick out what spots the "hotspots" to farm these keys for the void, and yes it seems easier buut the drop tables were much bigger with other things that made the grind much more worse in the long run, in some cases there was at least argon crystals and control modules included in the tables in the void at some point and the drop rates were lower to what we have now.

Here with this system literally wherever you go you can get relics passively in missions without having to actively grind them out but the option is still there to mass farm the relics if needed. But to actually get the items you are looking for is much more forgiving when compared to like 2016 days, example:  With the keys in hand one player would use a key with the said tileset having a very specific drop table that would change with every prime access. this in having multiple keys left over and allowing players to mass farm one tile set in horrendously long sessions (at least 2+ hours and thats kind of low to most) as only one player only needed to use they key the intended to use. Yes it was easier to manage as things were set to the missions types associated with the void, but the drop tables were larger and drop rates were worse. This kind of grind for sure in my opinion was doubled if not tripled to what we have now.

Now a days if 4 squad members are looking for a specific part with stock loads of relics in their inventories then 100% its easier to just RAD stagger the relic in question to save on resources and relics for each of the players, but in the case of new items its better off just doing a RAD share where everyone uses a radiant to get a potential rare. 

Regardless even if you dont end up with the part you were looking for via the grind of opening relics then just like how others have been saying trading is always there if you need the part now, its always an option.

On 2021-02-14 at 12:35 PM, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Can you name a game that increases your chances per failed attempt?

I want to look into the structure of pseudo randomness.

Warframe.

Well, only for spawning. S6 fugitives back in NW season 1 had a system where they "try for spawn" once every 30 seconds. Chance of spawning will increase on each failed attempt of spawning.

There was a farming method for NW standing in open worlds, where you fly up, wait 15 to 20 minutes and go back to the ground. At 20 minutes, the chance of spawning is increased so far high that its near 100%, so when you fly down, you are near guaranteed a spawn.

System still exists. It was present in for Glassmaker enemies (with a cooldown), which is probably what made them so annoying (i.e. spawning on the worst possible time).

If you want to go to another another game, Genshin Impact's Gacha has a pity on you bad luck on getting 5 star equipment/characters, increasing you chances at getting them near 70 pulls, and again at 80, until 90 which then its set to 100%.

On 2021-02-21 at 11:38 AM, Krankbert said:

My opinion on that is that if you think that there's no purpose to doing fissures in a squad just becase there's a remote chance that everyone could roll the same common reward, you really have no business participating in discussions about drop rates, on account of not understanding the entire concept on even the most basic level.

Come to think of that, I already told the initial poster exactly that on page one.

Then why are you even still responding to the thread as if you don't understand the topic of the thread, if you already came and stated your opinion on the matter?

vor 14 Minuten schrieb CuriosityTheKat:

Then why are you even still responding to the thread as if you don't understand the topic of the thread

I understand the topic quite well, although you certainly won't believe me because that would require you to accept the existence of opinions other than your own.

I'm still here because there's still people disingeniously going "hurr durr if success isn't guaranteed this is pointless" and I'm still undecided if it's the lamest attempt to lie in an attempt to get an advantage in the history of liars angling for advantages, or if they genuinely don't understand that 34 is bigger than 10.

3 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Because there's still people disingeniously going "hurr durr if success isn't guaranteed this is pointless" and I'm still undecided if it's the lamest attempt to lie in an attempt to get an advantage in the history of liars angling for advantages, or if they genuinely don't understand that 34 is bigger than 10.

Not the response I was expecting, but it made me crack tf up, so i'll take it. 😂

42 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

I understand the topic quite well, although you certainly won't believe me because that would require you to accept the existence of opinions other than your own.

I'm still here because there's still people disingeniously going "hurr durr if success isn't guaranteed this is pointless" and I'm still undecided if it's the lamest attempt to lie in an attempt to get an advantage in the history of liars angling for advantages, or if they genuinely don't understand that 34 is bigger than 10.

Nah I accept your opinion just fine. I'm just entretained by the fact that you seem so bothered by this thread, and also insist that it's a complaint about everyone getting bronze ish, when it's somebody complaining about getting the same item. Those* are two very different complaints, and since you seemed so gosh darn confused about the difference, I decided it was entertaining asl to watch you explain yourself, as to why you're still replying to a thread when you clearly already said everything you came here to say. I mean, let's be honest, it kind of seems like you're just here because you think it's already impossible for a full squad to get the same item.
Also, you know people can see when you edit, right?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb CuriosityTheKat:

Nah I accept your opinion just fine. I'm just entretained by the fact that you seem so bothered by this thread, and also insist that it's a complaint about everyone getting bronze ish, when it's somebody complaining about getting the same item.

Please quote where you took that from, thank you.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb CuriosityTheKat:

Also, you know people can see when you edit, right?

Sure. Do you know that people can see the time I edited my comment?

vor 7 Minuten schrieb CuriosityTheKat:

Okay. Now reread the words that are actually there and stop reading the words that you add in your head and tell me where in that quote I mention what people here complain about. Not even where in that sentence you read that I think people complain about getting all bronze drops. I want you to point at any part of the quote that mentions, suggests or even hints at any specific complaint at all.

Maybe get someone who can speak English to help you out, because from where I'm sitting, that quote is completely generic and if you showed it to someone without any context, they wouldn't have the foggiest idea what I was talking about.

2 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Okay. Now reread the words that are actually there and stop reading the words that you add in your head and tell me where in that quote I mention what people here complain about. Not even where in that sentence you read that I think people complain about getting all bronze drops. I want you to point at any part of the quote that mentions, suggests or even hints at any specific complaint at all.

Bro, this entire quote conversation started with you quoting me explaining the difference to someone else who literally thought this was about getting all bronze items, and not just all the same item. When that initial post of mine wasn't even quoting you to begin with. How the hell is anyone supposed to not think that's what you're confused about? Clearly you thought the shoe fit you when you read my reply to someone else which is why you responded to me to begin with. If you already knew the difference, and already said what you had to say about it, then there would've been zero point in replying to someone not even talking to you, unless of course you were just looking to give your time to entertaining me today from the start.

Bro, this entire quote conversation started

I don't care how it started. You claimed that I was not understanding the thread and insisting that people complain about getting all bronze rewards, and you will now either show where you got that from by quoting a sentence that a reasonable literate person could actually maybe interprete that way so I can clear up the misunderstanding, apologize or get blocked. There is no option where this conversation just continues with you gaslighting me.

replying to someone not even talking to you

If you meant to send a DM, you should have sent a DM. This is a forum. If you post here, people will reply to you. If you don't like that, either send DMs or stop posting.

Oh dang you must be MAD mad 😂 Ya'll really ran out of ish to say, didn't you? I already told you where I got it from. It's not my fault if you can't see it. If you really that miffed that I came back to laugh, then bro why HAVEN'T you BloCkEd me already? Either you're enjoying this as much as I am, or you don't know how to block me. Maybe if you don't like being lumped in with someone else, then maybe you should, IDK this is just a guess here, not reply to someone who's talking to them, and not you.

Archived