Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich Grind - No more dedicated missions.

TenTonneSkeleton

I have a suggestion that would do a lot to make the Kuva Lich grind less painful.

Can we please do away with dedicated missions for kuva thralls?

This simply means that if a node is influenced by your kuva lich that thralls will spawn there along with your lich. Is there any game-breaking reason NOT to do this?

Now we get an added bonus for completing missions we already need to complete like for nightwave, fissures, etc... instead of going to a dedicated node where that is the only real benefit.

I will make the further suggestion that thralls and liches spawned on Steel Path nodes are much more difficult but give you a lot more requiem on your meter when killed.

2 minutes ago, TenTonneSkeleton said:

This simply means that if a node is influenced by your kuva lich that thralls will spawn there along with your lich. Is there any game-breaking reason NOT to do this?

People will complain. That's the main reason I think.

Main issue is that Kuva missions are much higher level than their normal counterparts, so it'd be an unavoidable level boost. If you're not strong enough to beat level 100 enemies in every gamemode, then you might get softlocked from star chart progression.

Additionally, it would mess with public matchmaking. I know that 90% of the starchart is empty anyway, but unavoidably turning nodes into Kuva nodes basically locks them out of pubs.

However, I don't see why having the special Kuva missions also unlock nodes for starchart progression would be a problem, if they don't already.

except that if you get rid of dedicated nodes, then people will be forced to do there lich anytime they go to a planet. if say, I have a lich, I know what I need to kill it but I dont have those mods so I leave it alone. by leaving it alone it wont get stronger and take more territory, until im able to deal with it.
if you removed the dedicated missions, then im locked out of whatever planets my lich has until I deal with them. youre trading 1 issue for another worse issue. and thats before we even consider matchmaking issues. such as joining a mercury mission as an MR 1 and some dude is there killing thralls and you get decked by a lich.

A middle ground for this is a separate star chart like Steel Path with it’s own Dedicated Special Missions (Fissures, Nightmare, etc) with the “Kuva Lich Name Territory” Branding, for example.. 

Salacia, Neptune (Void Fissure, Kuva Lich Name Controlled Territory) Level 90-110.

17 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

Main issue is that Kuva missions are much higher level than their normal counterparts, so it'd be an unavoidable level boost. If you're not strong enough to beat level 100 enemies in every gamemode, then you might get softlocked from star chart progression.

Additionally, it would mess with public matchmaking. I know that 90% of the starchart is empty anyway, but unavoidably turning nodes into Kuva nodes basically locks them out of pubs.

However, I don't see why having the special Kuva missions also unlock nodes for starchart progression would be a problem, if they don't already.

Thank you. Derp. I now understand why they made these dedicated nodes. For matchmaking, it makes perfect sense, but from a single player perspective it is still very grindy. And I still think we should explore some alternatives.

17 hours ago, Miser_able said:

except that if you get rid of dedicated nodes, then people will be forced to do there lich anytime they go to a planet. if say, I have a lich, I know what I need to kill it but I dont have those mods so I leave it alone. by leaving it alone it wont get stronger and take more territory, until im able to deal with it.
if you removed the dedicated missions, then im locked out of whatever planets my lich has until I deal with them. youre trading 1 issue for another worse issue. and thats before we even consider matchmaking issues. such as joining a mercury mission as an MR 1 and some dude is there killing thralls and you get decked by a lich.

I think the whole point of a Kuva Lich is that they are supposed to be a threat that infringes on your regular gameplay, plus they are manually generated by the player so you DID make the choice to have them in your grill until they are defeated. Howver, yes, if get rid of dedicated nodes, then your randoms will not have the choice which I could see being an issue.

However, I would like to point out that we already have "assassins" that pop up in regular pub missions that were generated by a single player: Stalker, Gurstrag Three, all the syndicate mobs, etc... This is already something that happens in the game. I think if done right, Kuva Liches and thralls could be similar. I personally have no issue with this because all these assassins have decent drops, and I think the same should be done with thralls and liches. Kuva and requiem relics are pretty good drops but should be spread through the squad.

I want to further explore this by submitting some "what ifs". If we did indeed still do away with dedicated nodes, WHAT IF kuva thralls and liches match the default level of the mission or only 20 levels above or something. They might just be considered "heavy units" - a little more difficult to kill but not going to one shot you. Liches would pretty much only aggro their active player. And I should remind everyone that if you ignore your lich for more than a minute or two they will despawn.

Another possible solution would be to "turn off" kuva thralls and liches in public nodes and only in single player nodes. So, in other words, you could do a fissure mission on a kuva influenced node while PUBLIC and not see any thralls or liches, but if you were SOLO they would show up. Although not ideal in my opinion, I think this option would make everyone happy.

Archived