Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban’s Bastille

(XBOX)InverseOrb81

This isn’t a major change just something I think would be useful for drawing attention to a specific part of Bastille’s effects. What if there was an effect (like a shield or something) that was applied similar to Atlas’ armor based off of the armor granted to any frames within Bastille’s radius. This is just a visual effect that would bring attention to a part of Vauban’s kit that not many people realize exists, because usually when I see Vauban being played, people bypass the part that gives armor and just activate the vortex, which halves the possible use a team could get out of Bastille. 

22 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I read your suggestion and only have one question: why do we need this? It seems fairly pointless.

Because I didn’t even know about this feature until I had played Vauban for about a month, and I usually spend about 5 minutes every other game checking my abilities making sure I didn’t miss anything, and when I saw “buff duration” I disregarded it because it didn’t  say anywhere what the buff is (since they were added the tips might, but I subsumed my Vauban so I can’t check, but even then not everybody reads the tips for some reason), so I had to look it up. Also, I never said this was something that NEEDED to happen, just something that would bring more attention to Vauban’s utility, and bring him more playtime.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)InverseOrb81 said:

Also, I never said this was something that NEEDED to happen, just something that would bring more attention to Vauban’s utility, and bring him more playtime.

I was asking for a justification to your suggestion. I have never run Vauban with the intention of making use of the buff, so trying to show that there is one just seems pointless. I was wondering why you thought it would be useful to add a visual effect for something people don’t really care about.

I would say many people to occasionally read the tips. If a frames ability doesn’t explain something you check the tips as well.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)InverseOrb81 said:

This isn’t a major change just something I think would be useful for drawing attention to a specific part of Bastille’s effects. What if there was an effect (like a shield or something) that was applied similar to Atlas’ armor based off of the armor granted to any frames within Bastille’s radius. This is just a visual effect that would bring attention to a part of Vauban’s kit that not many people realize exists, because usually when I see Vauban being played, people bypass the part that gives armor and just activate the vortex, which halves the possible use a team could get out of Bastille. 

The thing is Vauban is in a better place than ever, but he is also still stuck in a place where almost any cc frame ends up, or rather, not to get too into the weeds, but most frames are mostly known for one power in niche situations they are good for. Warframe powers are often not useful for very many use cases, and thus are seen as "bad", usually, the problem is they are just eclipsed. 

In many situations, people have literally found it easier to run max range with negative power strength and just control everything with Vortex, so it pretty much doesn't matter, because you aren't taking damage, everything is cc'd. It's kind of sad, he has such a great kit, but it's mostly redundant. And with Tesla Bank you can run damage for fun too and still not care about power strength. 

8 hours ago, (XBOX)InverseOrb81 said:

What if there was an effect (like a shield or something) that was applied similar to Atlas’ armor

Atlas' Rubble visuals ruin Fashionframe, so ... please no, nothing anywhere close to that :P

You do have that buff icon at the top, as well as the Wiki to learn everything about what a certain ability can do
(sure, more in-game information - that's not hidden behind a bunch of Tab presses in a "tips" corner somewhere - would be nice and all,
but at some point you just gotta face the reality that that's unlikely to ever happen, and just accept the Wiki as the near-mandatory source that it is).

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Atlas' Rubble visuals ruin Fashionframe, so ... please no, nothing anywhere close to that :P

You do have that buff icon at the top, as well as the Wiki to learn everything about what a certain ability can do
(sure, more in-game information - that's not hidden behind a bunch of Tab presses in a "tips" corner somewhere - would be nice and all,
but at some point you just gotta face the reality that that's unlikely to ever happen, and just accept the Wiki as the near-mandatory source that it is).

I was just saying the progression would be similar, instead of colorless armor, it would be a shield or something like that, maybe in the energy color of the warframe. If it were a shield, maybe it would become more opaque as you gained more armor, or the colors more distinguished or vibrant.

Archived