Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious Sortie Rework Proposal. Welcome to "Campaigns"!

(XBOX)Architect Prime

Rename to "campaigns". Completing a tier unlocks the next.

First tier - This is a lower level sortie full of shorter missions than normal sorties/alerts | The reward pool is full of forma, basic resources, and credits.. And the chance for a booster. "Too easy" is the point as it is geared toward newer players. 

Second tier - The normal three missions that currently exist | Contains the normal reward pool that currently exists.

Third tier - Another three missions that follow the level increase of the first tier, but each mission has two hazards. | No chance for forma or other "nonsense rewards".

Fourth tier - Yet another three missions, but with steel path modifiers and three hazards. | Rare rewards like umbra forma, aura forma, large amounts of kuva, and legendary cores become the entire pool.

Fifth tier - An endless mission that stacks a nightmare modifier on top of the fourth tier and random acolytes/assassins spawn every set of waves / every five minutes with the chance for multiple at once. | The pool is Umbra forma, aura forma, kuva, and some cosmetics for prestige. | This is intended to be "too hard" for players seeking a real endgame mission in warframe. And a leader board which rewards whoever is at the top at the end of the 24 hour period with an even more prestigious cosmetic (NOT SHIP DECORATIONS).

And the best part is that this requires little effort to implement aside from the creation of a few cosmetics. 

THE REWARD POOL IS NOT LITTERALLY  JUST A BUNCH OF UMBRA FORMA. IT IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF A RARE ITEM. 

No leaderboards, as it turns into a playground for exploiters and a way to further separate the haves and the have nots. Elitists and rich people already have massive advantages in the game. Stop trying to widen the gap. 

Also, this will just be repeatedly spammed to farm umbra and legendary cores. Nice try though. We get it, you want umbra forma.

How about adding a 3 week cooldown so it can't be spammed? Or making the legendary cores untradeable...

I think the understanding of useful rewards differ a lot. At least for me your suggested loot pool would be pointless. I don't know what I should do with all these Umbra Formas, since when modding with Umbral Set, I barely use all three mods and with two I don't need the forma. Normal ones would be way more useful to me. 

The same goes for legendary cores, if I roll one from sortie reward it's kinda "meh" besides primed faction mods nothing left for modding that needs a large amount of endo. Overall the increased difficulty wouldn't reward me. I think the intention is good but I just can't see myself enjoying this kind of content. It's more or less just a sortie where you put in sorties. But wasn't there someday an idea like a campaign or daily mission builder? I think that stuff would fit better for me. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Architect Prime:

Fifth tier - An endless mission that stacks a nightmare modifier on top of the fourth tier and random acolytes/assassins spawn every set of waves / every five minutes with the chance for multiple at once.

Defection... No one plays it. For the rest of endless missions... Limbo/Inaros/whatever and a imba melee like Kronen Prime.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Helverin said:

I think the understanding of useful rewards differ a lot. At least for me your suggested loot pool would be pointless. I don't know what I should do with all these Umbra Formas, since when modding with Umbral Set, I barely use all three mods and with two I don't need the forma. Normal ones would be way more useful to me. 

The same goes for legendary cores, if I roll one from sortie reward it's kinda "meh" besides primed faction mods nothing left for modding that needs a large amount of endo. Overall the increased difficulty wouldn't reward me. I think the intention is good but I just can't see myself enjoying this kind of content. It's more or less just a sortie where you put in sorties. But wasn't there someday an idea like a campaign or daily mission builder? I think that stuff would fit better for me. 

Things LIKE that. LIKE is the key word. I underlined it. 

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

meh. i think all that needs to be done with sorties is a rework of the rewards.

complete 3 missions (sometimes long annoying ones like ambulas or 8 waves of disruption) and you dont even get enough kuva for 2 rolls?

nonsense.

i think a possible improvement would be to let us choose the reward, like opening relics. when the sortie is finished everyone gets to choose from the entire pool of whatever tier you get. so if you get the common reward...you can choose if you want the kuva, the endo...whatever is in that tier.

of course a bit of balancing would need to happen...as everyones gonna just take the riven...but you see where im going...the rewards need a re-balance.

Archived