Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consoles Melee Controls. Make Trigger Also Swing?

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Basically I’m forced to run in a straight line or stop swinging to turn. Gets pretty annoying and takes away the fun. What if aiming pulls the gun out, circle(usual melee button) pulls the melee but the trigger shoots and swings depending on what weapon is in your hands? Holding aim and melee while pressing the trigger will do the alternate melee combo. Be no different than it is right now. 

Using melees has become tedious. Being slowed down since you can’t turn and melee at the same time. 

Remap your controls

DE is primarily a PC company and have no clue about how to setup a proper scheme for Console FPS controls

My scheme: basically a Standard FPS setup, lets me either shoot or melee or cast abilities without taking thumbs off the sticks

R2 (trigger) is melee

R1 is shoot

L2 Tap is Ability Activate, L2 Hold is Ability Menu

L1 is ADS

Triangle is gun swap

X (duplicated to left underside scuf paddle) is jump

O (duplicated to right underside scuf paddle) is Alt Fire

Left Stick is Move

Right Stick is Turning

L3 Tap is Bullet Jump Macro, L3 Hold is Sprint

R3 is slide

TouchPad Gestures is for Ability quick selects, and Operator Mode

D-Pad is for Macro Selection Enable/Disable: Fire Mode, Bot Mode, Melee AutoCombo, ETC,

There's an option for this already. I forgot what it's called, but it's something like "press fire to melee". Unfortunately it still can't be used while aiming, as aiming automatically pulls your gun back out. Maybe if you both enable it and hold weapon swap to switch to exclusive melee? But probably won't work with Exalted Blade where it's really needed.

Archived