Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Did We Choose To Side With Corpus?

KIREEK

Corpus are clever, Grineer are not.

Corpus have Technology, Grineer only garbage.

Corpus have money, grineer only cheap wh*beep*.

Corpus have no Girls, Grineer are lead by Girls because the males have no balls.

Corpus can write their own names, Grineer need Corpus to do their writing.

Corpus fight on their own, Grineer have DE_Steve.

I could go on but i guess you get why i chose Corpus.

Corpus have no Girls, Grineer are lead by Girls because the males have no balls.

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over how awesome Sargas Ruk is in comparison to Alad V.

I wanted the Prova Vandal and the Detron.

Not to mention if the Z-Project succeeds it might result in the release of a new line of frames similar to the Primes that can be obtained by the players.

Coincidentally, I don't give a balls about losing a few comatose Tenno floating around in Cryo Pods or the Grineer setting up more rust-bucket outposts on Mars.

Corpus, pls.

I didn't want the Grineer to grow stronger, and I know the sleeping Tenno would understand.

Even after many people have said the Grineer will win I will not betray the Corpus. An honorable defeat is better than winning by betraying!

+1 for you.

What? sorry.. kinda hard reading this over the blood and electrisity over my screen after killing every cor'puss i see alive..

Edited by BladeFade

Personally, I sided with the Corpus. Us Tenno ran away from our enemies through cyrostasis, so we had already failed our original mission forcing us to go into hiding. We then awoke in a alien world with the future of humanity fighting off stormtroopers and the infestation, we ran from our old enemies causing humanity to take this course, so isn't it our duty to protect the innocent even if they are corrupted? Sure they're paying me for my actions, but I have no use for their money and rare material: I'm fighting to protect their civilians from the Grineer in exchange for the lives of other Tenno.

I'd rather support a mercantile empire than a military empire. The Grineer are attempting to enslave the solar system; the Corpus are just trying to make a quick buck. I'd side with Bernie Madoff over Muammar Gaddafi if it came down to which one would have control of Earth.

EDIT: Huh, this event is basically a mock up of the Punic Wars in space. Grineer is Rome and Corpus is Carthage. If you aren't familiar, I highly suggest learning about the Punic Wars; they are really interesting.

Edited by SirRaiuKoren

jIzRloYEy3mIw.png

SIDING WITH THE GRINEER IS MAINSTREAM!? the reason i chose the grineer was because EVERYONE was going for corpus... the first minute of the event... ''THE GRINEER IS THE BEST'' all over the forums...

This! Yes! This is my reason too. And the Grineers as enemies was too easy....

jbaifEe6Z5vp55.png

All of you who call the Grineer side is mainstream... Pfff. Pathetic attempt to justify your failed defence, and you can't deny it :)

Because it depends only on you. Build alliance, squads, clans for this and take planets back. If you can do this :P

jxs1WANsTvLS7.png

But remember, Tenno, they are still our enemies. Don't trust them.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

It was an act of humility for the Corpus to accept the help of the Tenno.  Aiding the Grineer would just be to support a fascist and intolerant governing body with intentions just greedy as people accuse the Corpus of being.  And besides, Tenno are warriors, and should understand that death and sacrifice are often necessary in their struggle.  The colonies that the Grineer are aggressing are filled with innocent civilians.  It would be morally irresponsible to not help them if we can.  And we can.

Frankly, I never really considered the rewards when I made my decision.  They were just a happy little bonus.  Having only the interest of one's self and one's people in mind seems terribly selfish to me.

Edited by Cursor

Hey guys, I heard this is where we were discussing the hipster prime frame - I'll take my espresso with a shot of steamed greedy skull milk.

(Sorry OP, I couldn't resist after reading the mainstream comment...)

Of course the Tenno side with us, Of COURSE the Grineer, are your, best, friendsoption!

Plus, we share joy, in Corpus.........

...( exchange of grineer whispers, mumblings of translation errors)

death!

Edited by Stafer

I don't see how the Grineer victory could benefit anyone.

Consider the fact that the war began because the Corpus just happened to stumble upon some Tenno and instead of handing them to Grineer (because everyone seems to forget the part where the Grineer actively hunt for Tenno in order to exterminate them) they kept them for themselves for experimentation. I'm not saying they did the right thing, but these Tenno were literally screwed no matter what. Any Tenno that is not found by the Lotus is practically dead meat.

Secondly, aren't we supposed to be opposing the growth of the Grineer empire? Maybe I'm mistaken, but Lotus has stated that the Tenno's involvement in the war is to keep balance and to prevent one side from gaining a huge advantage. The only thing keeping the Corpus in this war is the fact that their guns are slightly shinier that the Grineer's. The Grineer are already the largest faction in the war (they control half of the solar system), so how is giving them another planet supposed to keep the balance? Their entire motif is strength in numbers, so this is most likely going to lead to a domino effect where the Grineer just start overthrowing the Corpus because they'll have the upper hand.I highly doubt whatever the Corpus benefit from the experiments will lead to a huge power spike, especially considering we can probably stop it.

Thirdly, we are literally helping the Grineer enslave thousands of colonies. Yeah they're Corpus, but they're not a large mass of clones. They probably have families  - innocent families - that we're helping to doom. So in order to prevent the enslavement of about a dozen Tenno (because I highly doubt they found a secret hidden cache of about a thousand hidden Tenno) we're just going to enslave thousands of innocent men, women and children? After all, the Corpus are just after a quick buck. They're not some totalitarian empire who's sole purpose is to trample over anything in it's path.

Lastly, they have shiny weapons. Like, really shiny. I like weapons that don't look like they're about to fall apart if I fire them too fast.

Like, really shiny guys

I joined corpus firstly for what you pointed out, grineer have more powerful units, and that makes things intresting as i play solo*shivers when thinking of napalm*

Lorewise i agree and think the tenno who are in stacis would be willing to make the sacrifice. Tho would want to see their faces when they wake up and the pro-grineer players try to explain what just happend and what they just done.

Cryotenno say´s " So...you joined the enemy the lotus awoke us to fight, sacrificed the civilians of this sector, made our enemy stronger...to save us?"

Pro-grineer tenno* eeh...hmm...funny story...yeah..."

And of course the weapon rewards the corpus had was sexy compared to the slob of a handgun we will get now. Tho always nice with event special weapons so im still a happy camper :).

Sided with Grineer because screw whatever weapon the corpus are giving us for 25 missions... I read it and was like prova.. huh...where did this come from.... and then the words machete and wraith popped up and made me think of how much I wanted the machete ingame to be better and how awesome the strun wraith is.... Wasn't a hard train of thought, also F*** MOAs.

Edit: Also, Detron is ugly.

Edited by Alphascrub

The corpus are the most logical choice. They will be easy to handle even after the zanuka project, but the grineer are a huge threat. Even more so if they win gaining even more power. I didn't choose the corpus to save "supposedly" innocent colonies or because I don't care about my fellow tenno. I did it to stop the grineer. Are you dog lovers blind? You are only helping them win this war. The corpus are weak, the grineer are strong. Think of it like this. Say the corpus are the number 2, the grineer are 10, and we are 6. If the corpus win they rise to 4, the grineer win they rise to 12. As 6 do you feel more comfortable fighting 4 or 12?

Corpus are actual humans, grineer are deranged genetically failed clones of left over human remains. Corpus are interested in saving other human lives and using wargframes for weapons and research, while grineer are interested in enslaving humans and using warframes for weapons and research. Lesser of two evils is the corpus. At least they are humans still.