Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Muffled/underwater sound

Mayahereis

Hi, I have problems with my audio. Today while playing a mission my sound all of the sudden became muffled and it sounds like I'm underwater+ it sounds like its in the back of my headphones and its making me super uncomfortable. I tried updating eriver but I have the newest. Tried restarting the game and the pc but nothing worked. I tried to search for solution but found nothing. I legit don't know what to do.

This happens on my rig when there is a significant Windows update and the sound card reverts to 5.1 surround (Soundblaster Z). As there are only 2 speakers in my system then this gives a muffled underwater sound as well - there are three audio channels missing.

If it has gone to 5.1 then flip the setting back to 2-speaker.

This happened to me to once on day 1 new railjack mission.  Just using built-in tv speakers connected to my laptop through HDMI. I wasn't the host, if that matters.

EDIT:  Actually made a video of it. Was going to file a bug, but not sure to repro it since it only happened once.

7 hours ago, RougeMagma said:

This happened to me to once on day 1 new railjack mission.  Just using built-in tv speakers connected to my laptop through HDMI. I wasn't the host, if that matters.

EDIT:  Actually made a video of it. Was going to file a bug, but not sure to repro it since it only happened once.

Sounds like the depressurized/space "muffled" sound effect got stuck. I've had this bug before way back in the Jordas Verdict days when switching from space archwing to ground.

Archived