Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Avionic conversions. Is it intended for max rank avionics to convert to partially ranked mods?

TheArcSet

All my maxed engine avionics turned into mods with 1 missing rank and Void Hole turned into a rank 4 mod, costing ~30K endo to re-max.

Is this the intended behaviour, because it seems rather unfair to existing players.

Thank you for your continued efforts to improve this game.

2 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

It's like that for everyone and yes we got screwed bigtime. It's even worse for new players that have no endo at all that now need to decide where to spend there limited amount of endo on.

It's actually fairer for new players because by the time they get to railjack they'll already have access to endo before getting there, and access to suitable farming spots for it. And you can play railjack or non railjack missions to help progress your railjack mods. It's more accessible and open. 

2 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

It's actually fairer for new players because by the time they get to railjack they'll already have access to endo before getting there, and access to suitable farming spots for it. And you can play railjack or non railjack missions to help progress your railjack mods. It's more accessible and open. 

Damn I want to know what you're smoking, because it must be amazing.

29 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Damn I want to know what you're smoking, because it must be amazing.

Having an entirely separate currency that needs to be earnt separately to be spent separately is not as fair on newcomers as a system that uses one currency for all. There are more places to get Endo than there was Dirac. And now newcomers can be better prepared before even getting to the point of owning a railjack. What's so unfair about this?

Just now, NecroPed said:

Having an entirely separate currency that needs to be earnt separately to be spent separately is not as fair on newcomers as a system that uses one currency for all. There are more places to get Endo than there was Dirac. And now newcomers can be better prepared before even getting to the point of owning a railjack. What's so unfair about this?

Fair unfair. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the amount of endo you need. New players will have to now choose where to spend it. And with my previous comment I meant that I'm not sure if you understand what a new player is. When I built my railjack I had no endo. I had no maxed mods as they were too expensive to max. My friends have the same issue. It's a well known fact that endo is scarce for new players because of the massive amount you need to level up the "big" mods. There's a few places where you can get endo yes, but endo farming is something you would do when you got nothing else left to do in this game.

Players that are at a stage where they have their railjack have about 20K endo perhaps and are building that up so they can max their first prime mod. Now they have more mods that require endo that previously built up their own resource by simply playing the railjack missions. Endo you put into a mod for railjack goes to railjack. You will have to choose where to spend it. Not everyone has 2 million endo to spare and nothing better to do in this game than farming endo. If you want to play Railjack and you gain your resource there then you are rewarded right there and it will not affect the resources you need for other mods.

7 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Fair unfair. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the amount of endo you need. New players will have to now choose where to spend it. And with my previous comment I meant that I'm not sure if you understand what a new player is. When I built my railjack I had no endo. I had no maxed mods as they were too expensive to max. My friends have the same issue. It's a well known fact that endo is scarce for new players because of the massive amount you need to level up the "big" mods. There's a few places where you can get endo yes, but endo farming is something you would do when you got nothing else left to do in this game.

Players that are at a stage where they have their railjack have about 20K endo perhaps and are building that up so they can max their first prime mod. Now they have more mods that require endo that previously built up their own resource by simply playing the railjack missions. Endo you put into a mod for railjack goes to railjack. You will have to choose where to spend it. Not everyone has 2 million endo to spare and nothing better to do in this game than farming endo. If you want to play Railjack and you gain your resource there then you are rewarded right there and it will not affect the resources you need for other mods.

You said it's worse for new players now. And I think it's fairer for new players, so it would be safe to say I think it's not worse for new players.

When railjack released owning a railjack wasn't intended for new players and was intended for more late game players, was it not? It's a fair expectation to have to dedicate time/resources to something like this. It started at such a large investment they let us prepare early, and has gotten more accessible(and cheaper?) to obtain and upgrade. And as a result, fairer to(better for) new players. 

One of the most common complaints I've seen about Railjack is how separated it is from everything else. This helps tie it more to the base game, while giving you some choice over how to spend your rewards from it. 

You now have a choice, you still earn from railjack missions, so what's the problem? Now you can choose to spend it how you want, that is a good thing.

3 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

You said it's worse for new players now. And I think it's fairer for new players, so it would be safe to say I think it's not worse for new players.

When railjack released owning a railjack wasn't intended for new players and was intended for more late game players, was it not? It's a fair expectation to have to dedicate time/resources to something like this. It started at such a large investment they let us prepare early, and has gotten more accessible(and cheaper?) to obtain and upgrade. And as a result, fairer to(better for) new players. 

One of the most common complaints I've seen about Railjack is how separated it is from everything else. This helps tie it more to the base game, while giving you some choice over how to spend your rewards from it. 

You now have a choice, you still earn from railjack missions, so what's the problem? Now you can choose to spend it how you want, that is a good thing.

You don't need to be a vet to get a railjack. You need to have completed Second dream, which most players do between MR 5-8 or something like that. A friend of mine has a railjack and he was MR 9 when he got it after playing for 1 or 2 months on and off. He has no endo to speak of. If he spends his endo on Railjack he cannot level his warframe or weapon mods and vice versa. It's a change that benefits only players with stacks of endo.

4 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

You don't need to be a vet to get a railjack. You need to have completed Second dream, which most players do between MR 5-8 or something like that. A friend of mine has a railjack and he was MR 9 when he got it after playing for 1 or 2 months on and off. He has no endo to speak of. If he spends his endo on Railjack he cannot level his warframe or weapon mods and vice versa. It's a change that benefits only players with stacks of endo.

You can still earn from railjack though, so why not dedicate what you get from there to railjack if it's so important for you to split railjack and warframe progression? You have the choice to do this. If you didn't want to/need to upgrade railjack anymore, you get stuff that can contribute to other stuff outside of railjack. I'll be dissolving pretty much all mods from railjack into Endo, and if I max my railjack, that's an entirely new source of endo for my regular mods. It's a change that benefits everyone. 

And just because you don't need to be a veteran to get there doesn't mean it wasn't intended for later game players. 

35 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I'm not sure if you understand what a new player is

... Ok, I'm just going to share a piece of my mind here... I wonder how difficult it actually is to actually farm stuff passively...

... I mean, the wrong approach is exactly the one that causes the lack of resources... like lack of Endo... But hey, this is the world we live in, right? The world of wrong approaches in order to save time...

But don't mind me... this is just coming from someone that has seen lots of complaints about "No Endo for <stuff>" since the Fusion Mod conversion, which coincidentally I was left with 0 Endo and with "big mods" at Unranked/Rank 0 state (go figure), and I've never had problems in getting endo and upgrading those in less than 3 months... Maybe people should review their approach to missions because, unlike popular belief, unlocking the Star Chart for the sake of it is actually more hazardous than advertised...

A lot of my fellow clan member stopped having shortage of Endo, taking it as an example that apparently seems to be just about the most common reason to justify any kind of crying in Warframe, when they actually started doing, not running, missions like they're actually meant to be done... Go figure, most of those new players that you claim to understand what they are, usually pass through my Clan and end up reaching MR4 with Split Chamber, Serration, Point Strike, Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Pistol Gambit, Pressure Point and True Steel mods maxed out with Endo collected from regular non-endless missions with spare Endo for other stuff...

What may make things difficult is the early access to content they're not supposed to have in the first place... New players don't know how to prioritize anything. They just see something to upgrade so they do it for the sake of it, which is more hazardous than advertised...

But no one explains that to them, no. They prefer to use the "new players" example to come up with arguments in order to cry out about something... No, I'm not saying that you're crying or anything. This is just something that people do when they're bored... Covid-19 and these restrictions do have a tendency to increase boredom on 90% of humanity so they need to do something else to minimize that effect... seriously...

... How about people start teaching new players properly on how to do better choices instead of pointing them to s*** on youtube/twitch that only serves to mislead and elude them into doing wrong stuff? That would actually be more useful...

... But then again, people wouldn't be able to use the "new player" example to come up with arguments in order to cry out about stuff, just to break their boredom...

Thanks for reading it. I'm out, peace.

2 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... Ok, I'm just going to share a piece of my mind here... I wonder how difficult it actually is to actually farm stuff passively...

... I mean, the wrong approach is exactly the one that causes the lack of resources... like lack of Endo... But hey, this is the world we live in, right? The world of wrong approaches in order to save time...

But don't mind me... this is just coming from someone that has seen lots of complaints about "No Endo for <stuff>" since the Fusion Mod conversion, which coincidentally I was left with 0 Endo and with "big mods" at Unranked/Rank 0 state (go figure), and I've never had problems in getting endo and upgrading those in less than 3 months... Maybe people should review their approach to missions because, unlike popular belief, unlocking the Star Chart for the sake of it is actually more hazardous than advertised...

A lot of my fellow clan member stopped having shortage of Endo, taking it as an example that apparently seems to be just about the most common reason to justify any kind of crying in Warframe, when they actually started doing, not running, missions like they're actually meant to be done... Go figure, most of those new players that you claim to understand what they are, usually pass through my Clan and end up reaching MR4 with Split Chamber, Serration, Point Strike, Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Pistol Gambit, Pressure Point and True Steel mods maxed out with Endo collected from regular non-endless missions with spare Endo for other stuff...

What may make things difficult is the early access to content they're not supposed to have in the first place... New players don't know how to prioritize anything. They just see something to upgrade so they do it for the sake of it, which is more hazardous than advertised...

But no one explains that to them, no. They prefer to use the "new players" example to come up with arguments in order to cry out about something... No, I'm not saying that you're crying or anything. This is just something that people do when they're bored... Covid-19 and these restrictions do have a tendency to increase boredom on 90% of humanity so they need to do something else to minimize that effect... seriously...

... How about people start teaching new players properly on how to do better choices instead of pointing them to s*** on youtube/twitch that only serves to mislead and elude them into doing wrong stuff? That would actually be more useful...

... But then again, people wouldn't be able to use the "new player" example to come up with arguments in order to cry out about stuff, just to break their boredom...

You're just making my point.

Archived