Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Basic melee stance mod

ReavingReaper

You know how when you get a melee weapon, it has its own special moveset that you use until you stick a stance mod into the weapon and changed everything. Why dont we have a stance mod, that keeps the weapons basic attacks combos.

An example, is the "stropha" my favorite gunblade, (like everyone else), when used at first, with no stance mods, its attacks were the basic shooting of its gun with mild stabbing. I enjoyed the way it felt as I didn't have the rare stance mods that were 100 plat on the market at the time. But once I had them, I began to miss the old days of how the attacks felt. So I inquire upon you all this idea, that there be a multi-polarity basic stance mod that you can get, that keeps the weapon attacks the way its originally given to you (maybe with some added attacks that you don't get like the slide attacks or chaining guard attacks, etc

Thoughts?

(actually asked this on one of the recent dev streams, never got their eye to see my reply on my explanation of the idea)

I'd really like this.

I'm someone that cares more about mobility on my melee weapons rather than fancy (sluggish) animations. Most of the stances make melee weapons less mobile, with lots of forced animation locks, and they made it even worse when they did the melee 2.999 changes a while back.

For me, the only usable melee setups nowadays are Stanceless Sword, Iron Phoenix Sword (not quite as good as Stanceless), Stanceless Machete, Stanceless Claws, Stanceless Rapier, Sinking Talon Dual Daggers, Stanceless Staff, Shimmering Blight Polearm, Bleeding Willow Polearm, and Stanceless Warfan.

As you can see, most of those listed are Stanceless. Because of that, I need to use a significant amount of Forma on my melee weapons so I can do a full build while the stance slot is empty. If we had Stanceless Mods as you suggest, then I wouldn't have to go to such lengths anymore.

Additionally, some weapons have an innate stance that matches one of the already available stance mods. For example, Broken War uses the Vengeful Revenant moveset when no stance mod is equipped. Broken War is one of my favorite swords in the game, but Vengeful Revenant is not on the high-mobility list above... so I simply can't use it. There's no way for me to get a stanceless moveset with the Broken War. If we had Stanceless Mods, then I'd be able to use it with a decent moveset.

Huzzah, you see what i meant, usually i'm condemned as a heretic when it comes to my opinions on things but huzzah, you see what i'm getting at. You have a good point too, i never thought of the mobility standpoint of some weapons (dual zoran dash....those were the days) when they gain a stance mod. Now we just need a developer to see this as well as the rest of the community.

It sounds like the point of the default stance mod would be to keep the move set of a blank stance slot, while still earning some mod capacity from it.

That sounds roughly equivalent to a Forma, until and unless the weapon runs out of capacity with eight polarized slots and no stance equipped. Trying that out just now in a builder, I could only make that happen with umbra mods and a sub-optimal selection of mods chosen purely for maximizing their drain.

There may still be a use case for it, as a generic stance mod that works across different families of weapons, even on ones without any released stances of their own. But I think the concern DE is likely to have, is that many players will "set it and forget it" instead of experimenting with other stances and move sets.

Archived