Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to calculate probabilty 2: here we go again

Cerikus

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

The fact that the devs actively encourage an in-game economy where people regularly move $50US worth of game currency for a single in-game item is predatory and unethical.  

50 bucks? You do know trading exist right? The game does not demand you to get that shiny. You can do well without it. I think the urge to spend money on optional endgame items is a player’s problem. DE only uses the opportunity. 

If somehow Arcane Energize is absolutely-mandatory-lol-dont-have-it-sucks-to-be-you content I would totally be 100% agree with you.

If you really hate farming Arcanes from those 2 gamemodes and don’t want to give DE your hard earned money you can always wait for a scarlet spear re-run.

8 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

50 bucks? You do know trading exist right? The game does not demand you to get that shiny. You can do well without it. I think the urge to spend money on optional endgame items is a player’s problem. DE only uses the opportunity. 

If somehow Arcane Energize is absolutely-mandatory-lol-dont-have-it-sucks-to-be-you content I would totally be 100% agree with you.

If you really hate farming Arcanes from those 2 gamemodes and don’t want to give DE your hard earned money you can always wait for a scarlet spear re-run.

Personally I'd say the real issue is that you're better off not farming these arcanes.

Instead you should farm something higher valued & quicker to obtain, then buy these arcanes with the profit.

It's the sensible approach, given the current droprate. Don't play the game - just trade.

The market should really have the price of the arcanes be higher, but gamers are tight & there's just fundamentally a cap on what people're commonly prepared to play for any item... plus a few people will always eke out one or two accidentally without trying to actively grind for them.

No need to pay DE, we just shuffle plat around amongst ourselves. DE only gets a cut if we stop trading & start buying stuff off them.

On 2021-03-30 at 11:13 AM, DrivaMain said:

I didn't say $50.  I said $50 worth of currency.  Someone paid for it with real money, whether it was you or not.  I'm sure someone could come in here with that college degree math and talk about economics and how the devaluation of the blah blah blah, but in beer math there are items that cost $50 worth of plat.  Or more.  Because that's how much you'd have to spend to buy the plat to buy the thing if you didn't get the plat from trading.  

The fact that they encourage the economy to lean towards "better off farming prime junk and buying it." so that people are continually moving those $50-in-game-currency items so that people keep buying plat is shady, and unethical in my book.  I know, I know, "they have to make money."  So does every company, but that doesn't mean we give EA a pass for shady practices.  DE doesn't get special treatment.  Shady is shady.  And encouraging an in-game economy like the one we have with crappy drop rates is shady.

You comparing Orphix to Eidolon but there is nothing to compare. 

A very simple gameplay. Take Hildryn press 4 then take nech press 4, bombard everything with Arquebex. Win
And a complexes gameplay that include. Amp arcane proc, Madurai school & Unairu school. Lure keeper, Limb DPS, Shield DPS, Positioning knowledge, Spawn knowledge etc etc. 

Just nah, don't compare low level gameplay with higher level gameplay. 

On 2021-03-28 at 5:17 AM, Cerikus said:

To put in into perspective. it would be 206,5 hours of Eidolon Hunting. Still a lot, but better. 

206h of what ? 6x3 ? 2x3 ? 
I hope you based on 3x3 cause not everyone do even 5x3. In the other case we would be at ~400h of Eidolon Hunting. Pretty close to Orphix in the end ?

On 2021-03-28 at 5:17 AM, Cerikus said:

How much was it for the Orphix venom event? 25 hours?

Orphix event, EVENT. 
Its in the name "EVENT" 

You should only see Orphix as a welcome alternative. Not compulsive alternative. 

Archived