Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Change of plans, ignore your original objective, leave nothing alive"

S1ickOnPC

For the love of god, please just remove this. I'm really sick of this, and I'm sure many people are aswell. We just want to farm for relics quickly or farm for anything quickly, that is why we do capture missions. If we want to do exterminate we will do exterminate. This is insanely infuriating, especially when the drop chance of the things you are looking for are not even that high. Sometimes I do 2 hours of hepit just to get a specific relic, with this added in it would just waste more time. Just... Remove this. Please and thank you.

That, for me, is an instant abort and restart. It's quicker to exit to the main menu and run the mission again than it is to go through with a full exterminate.

Yeah, I don't like it either. It's been in the game ever since the very start. One thing that was also there at the beginning but gone now is a random outbreak of the opposing faction in your mission (eg. a grineer mission would suddenly have a little corpus invasion) - and that I do miss.

5 hours ago, GhostUnitVII said:

usually I dont have a problem with it, because people are busy blasting their way out of a mission anyways when they are leaving, maybe a solution is to actually reduce the number of kills required, than entirely remove it.

On (solo) capture missions I normally just instantly abort, but I actually had it happen on the 3rd step of a mobile defense the other day, with a few less than 40 mobs required.

That was actually an enjoyable shift, and I do think it came down to the lower number of kills + the fact I would've been killing things anyway in the original mobile defense mission type.

3 hours ago, blupache said:

On (solo) capture missions I normally just instantly abort, but I actually had it happen on the 3rd step of a mobile defense the other day, with a few less than 40 mobs required.

That was actually an enjoyable shift, and I do think it came down to the lower number of kills + the fact I would've been killing things anyway in the original mobile defense mission type.

Understandable, so then if you are soloing the chance of that happening should be less or none. But I wouldn't say entirely remove it because some people don't want to play with others, nothing wrong with that, but it wouldn't be a good idea to shift the idea of team play from the game due to a group of people solo. Much like how PvP used to affect PvE stats, that was until DE gave PvP a independent skillset and mods with weapon stats. 

As it stands right now, it is in your own right to solo, but you got to keep in mind that most of the missions, if not all... are intended for 4 player play, so the difficulty of the mission, or the design aspects like the change in objectives is also affected by this.

the only times I've REALLY been annoyed by it:

It switches the objective to exterminate on a capture AFTER i already completed the capture.  THe mission was done lotus wtf do you mean ignore the objective.

It switches to exterminate in the middle of the 3rd node of a mobile defense. 15 seconds to go - yeah just ignore that you did 98% of the original objective  and start a new mission

most of the time its not a major annoyance as the # of enemies it generally requires isn't that great, it doesnt happen often, and it only happens at starchart level enemies which means any frame and a set of MK weapons will take care of the problem.

Archived