Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack turrets

ShadowStarx1

Question

6 answers to this question

Copied from my (updated) spreadsheet, damage calculations assuming zetki with max bonus, max hyperstrike mod (which is the only one I felt was worth making room for on my build since turrets really aren't all that important), intrinsics, and any other bonuses.  Damage includes heat/cooldown and crits.  Range is base falloff, considering a practical effective range depends on too many factors that can't turn up an objective number.

Laith 700-1400m 29,600 DPS
Vort 2000-4000m 26,302 DPS
Glazio 2000-3000m 22,429 DPS
Apoc 2000-4000m 21,674 DPS
Carcinnox 2000-4000m 20,496 DPS
Cryophon 700-1400m 17,526 DPS
Pulsar 3000-6000m 16,579 DPS
Talyn 3000-6000m 16,316 DPS
Photor 2500-5000m 11,757 DPS

What that does not take into account is projectile size, projectile type, projectile speed (all of which, along with accuracy, could be combined into an "effective range" stat but would be subjective) or damage type/status and volley damage.

Those numbers in mind, it's a no brainer to me to go Laith on main guns.  In newjack corpus missions there's only really 1 thing for you to shoot at anyway and it doesn't move around that much.  For side guns I stuck with Carcinnox because I know from experience they have a decent balance of effective range and applied damage.  I did not test damage application with the other newjack guns.

In my experience any hit scan weapons work really well for the turrets if your crew is manning the guns. 

Against corpus I go Pulsar against Grineer I go Photor.

Of the ones you've got listed I'd just go Apoc since they are pretty good all-around guns. Talyn would be decent against the Grineer.

18 minutes ago, ShadowStarx1 said:

I use a Pulsar on the Pilot Gun, works well on G and C, at least for damage and disrupting the Crew Ships, along with the Seeker Missle.

But its a bit slow for shooting down the fighters. 

With the appropriate mod setup pulsar should be wrecking fighters.

There are a few videos on Youtube illustrating the killing potential.

Archived