Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recommended build for Grendel and Stug?

WinDiMoZ

Question

1 answer to this question

6 minutes ago, WinDiMoZ said:

Grendel mains

TBH, I find that - once you're past the early stages where resources may be quite limited - the idea of "maining" Frames is kinda silly,
favorites are of course completely fine to have, but amassing a variety of Frames, and thus functionalities,
to choose from based on the mission at hand (and / or just your current mood, heh) is a big part of the game, IMO.

Anyway, Grendel is a bit tricky to mod I find, Strength and Duration is great for his 2 buffs
yet to make the most out of his (1 and) 4, you want Range and certainly not least Efficiency.

So, I guess you have to decide what aspect(s) you want to focus on,
personally I went with the latter (which may or may not have been smart but it's fun in any case),
i.e. I dumped my Duration (as well as replacing his 2 via Helminth), ending up with this:

Corrosive Projection, Vigilante Pursuit
Umbral Vitality & Intensify
Stretch, Overextended
Streamline, Fleeting Expertise
Augur Secrets, Catapult

[plus Ensnare in place of his 2, to prep enemies for easy succ, but you could also try e.g. Radial Blind or whatever]

190% Efficiency & 40% Duration is a sweet spot for minimum drain costs
which helps a lot in keeping his 4 rolling (get it?) with 10 enemies gobbled up,
but alas, you still run out of Energy faster than even Arcane Energize can cover,
so you may need to stick to "just" some quick 1 -> 3 combo AoE damage funzies at times.

23 minutes ago, WinDiMoZ said:

Stug

Please take me seriously when I say, don't bother :P

It's an interesting, possibly even intriguing weapon, but it just isn't worth trying to actually make it work.
So, so many have risen to the challenge, and I don't think anybody came out happier for having done so, let alone victorious.

Archived