Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem with endurance missions

A lot of the time, i choose to play a void fissure endurance mission without a premade squad because its faster than trying to find players to play with in recruit chat, and i get a bigger pool of rewards to choose from every few minutes as opposed to playing solo

Problem: There are a LOT of people that only do endurance missions for only 5 to 10 minutes. So i ask, what is the point of having endurance missions like Survival and Defense, when people are treating it like Exterminate and Mobile Defense respectively?

Something should change about that

Solution: For special missions like void fissures and kuva survival, only allow extraction at around 25 minutes, 25 waves, 5 excavations, etc etc... 

Why? This will make players realize that if they dont want to play an endurance mission for endurance, that they should go do a mission thats non endurance. Need to open 1 or 3 relics? Exterminate. Those few runs will be quick and easy. Need to open more? Survival. 

It would be a beautiful matchmaking change, putting you with players with the same agenda as opposed to what we have now

This is stupid, go pre-made, or go solo.

A player joins a squad, gets the wanted reward right at the first wave and now he/she is forced to be there for another 20 minutes? Nah... Do you know why individual extraction was added to survivals?

Flipside of the coin: 

Forcing people to play longer missions if there are no other mission types available at the time, leading players to become burned out and/or disengaged. 

I can tell you now, I already play defense missions as little as possible. If joining a defense mission means I have to take upwards of thirty-five minutes of doing one of the most inactive and non-engaging mission types in the game I guarantee I will never play defense missions again. There's a good reason why most everyone hates not only the Railjack defense mission as a whole, but the mission type and tile as well. It's slow. It's boring. The enemies take forever to get from their spawn point to the defense objective and if you bring any frame meant to actually defend, the game type paradoxically gets slower and more inactive. 

The only solution that isn't quite literally forcing people to invest upwards of half an hour in a mission type they potentially don't like to get any reward at all is to incentivize staying in the mission longer. E.G, scaling rewards. Relic system gets close, but in most cases no one cares about the additional credits or resources outside of Kuva, it requires you to burn relics (the main reason anyone does a relic mission) just to get the bonus at all, and the additional relic at 5 opened is usually not substantial. You can also only upgrade the relics with the void traces you have before entering the mission, and there's a cap on void traces. If you run out of the relics you have upgraded enough to get the items you wanted... Why exactly are you still in the mission? 

Endurance in this game is never going to be incentivized for the long term because DE would rather it stay that way. 

1 hour ago, ZarTham said:

This is stupid, go pre-made, or go solo.

A player joins a squad, gets the wanted reward right at the first wave and now he/she is forced to be there for another 20 minutes? Nah... Do you know why individual extraction was added to survivals?

What you described is what extermination is meant for, you just need a single thing? Run exterm. Especially if that 1 thing is a flipping common drop.

Individual extraction in survival is just for those who dont want to stay longer than others. Not so that no one plays endurance

If not change all of the "special" endurance missions, make a seperate mission section. One thats actually meant for endurance

1 hour ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

Forcing people to play longer missions if there are no other mission types available at the time,

The problem you just mentioned also reads its own solution. Allow mission types to be avaliable always for a hint.

I mean im pretty sure whats cool about fissures anyway is the change of location and enemies, not the pop up and removal of mission types. So remove that annoying and unnecessary bit and it's a win for everyone

As you basically were saying, just needed to read it with the opposite words.

1 hour ago, ShichiseitenYasha said:

because DE would rather it stay that way. 

Doesnt make sense to assume this when DE made void fisures give increasing rewards over time, Arbitration, made some mission rotations remain "C" after a few round completions for the rest of the mission, etc... These were changes and additions top of that.

And because we dont kniw how DE thinks in that much detail. All we know is they aim to entertain us, if endurance is enteraining and cost them little to nothing, theres no reason to assume that they wouldnt go for it

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

What you described is what extermination is meant for, individual extraction is just for those who dont want to stay longer than others. Not so that no one plays endurance

You have to take into consideration that sometimes, a tier isn't available in a fast type of mission (unless DE made some changes recently that I'm unaware of).

Say, there are 3 meso missions, sabotage, mobile defense, survival, if the Sabotage in question was too much of a chore, I'd either go survival or defense for the chill factor, in case I didn't got the reward at first.

If you want to force others to stay longer, go pre-made.

38 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

go pre-made.

ive already said

2 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

i choose to play a void fissure endurance mission without a premade squad because its faster than trying to find players to play with in recruit chat

Which means a different solution is being searched for, its unnecessary and unconstructive for you to suggest that after reading the very first sentence in the post....

And the change im suggesting is to force players who want endurance to play endurance instead of allowing players to ruin the experience for people that want to play endurance.

Everyone would be just as frustrated if i played Mobile Defense and kept the little data thingy in my hand, and moved really slow throughtout the mission turning mobile defense into a long endurance mission. Premade or not, its uncool to have people in your squad literally not playing the mission for what its primarily meant for, especially so often. Makes non-premade squads pointless when you have nearly everyone doing that. 

"Tiers"

Idk what you mean

"Mission avalibility"

Simple fix, make them all available (or the most efficent missions for the categories of quick mission completion and endurance), just allow mission loctation to switch. None would complain, a lot of people would cheer. A win for everyone

Tiers, Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi.

The problem you described is pretty much, "I went pub, and I want those on my squad to be as long as I want", the point of endurance missions is to allow you to endure it as long as you want/can and not to force you.

Your solution is "force them", sorry but no...

Sure, DE could make changes to the availability of missions, but for me this isn't a solution. Go ahead and search across the forum how many complains there are regarding the forced 10 minutes Sorties Survivals, or the forced 10 waves Sortie Defense.

32 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

forced 10 minutes Sorties Survivals, or the forced 10 waves Sortie Defense

All of those are rightfully justified because they dont have the option to play extermination for sortie.

Ridiculous comparison...

You use the word force to strongly, you wont take into account extermination is an option for whatever reason >_>

DE also forces you to not go Afk, why dont you have a problem with that? Because if a person comes to play something they should be playing it right? Being afk messes up the experience for everyone so they deserve not to get rewards right?

Pretty sure you're just gonna try to say "thats different" without realizing how similar the issues of doing whatever you want in public matches are

I give... idc enough anyways

4 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

The problem you just mentioned also reads its own solution. Allow mission types to be avaliable always

Then you have dilution of matchmaking, and the problem becomes "why play any other mission type than capture?" Capture is removed "why play any other mission type than exterminate?" This goes on until we're back where we started. 

DE have stated that they don't intend to balance their games for content past what they make immediately available 

Archived