Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event Concept: Operation Plague Vessel

Brinstar7777

Introduction:

Tenno    

There has been a concerning development. A Corpus Stanchion has crash-landed in the Cambrian Drift. Normally this would be an Entrati issue and not ours, but the shipments it was carrying weren’t registered, so I ordered Latrox Un to investigate. Soon after exploring the wreckage, Latrox Un contacted me with some very troubling news. 
    As it turns out, Alad V has been continuing to experiment with the Mutualist strain, and this cruiser was carrying samples of this strain. This is concerning on it’s own, but according to Latrox Un, these samples merged with the Gray strain somehow, forming a new strain of infestation.
    This ‘hybrid’ strain, as Latrox Un has christened it, can replicate and even improve upon the function of biological and mechanical material it consumes on a level far beyond either of the strains that birthed it. As we speak, this new strain is likely overtaking and converting the Corpus Stanchion, repairing it as it goes. If the vessel becomes functional and manages to get off of Deimos, it could begin spreading this hybrid strain to other planets. And you and I both know that would be bad for everyone.
    I’ve contacted the corpus board of directors, but they don’t want to deploy forces to deal with this for fear of the forces they deploy being corrupted by this new strain, hence why I’ve reached out to you.
    Deal with this new threat, and you will be well rewarded. Talk to Latrox Un in the Necralisk for further details.

Frohd Bek

About the Hybrid strain:
Those infected with the hybrid strain acually maintain their rough body shape and capabilities. This means that Corpus crew infected with this strain can still move and act like normal corpus, and the strain can even pretend that some spark of humanity remains in the infected crew in order to encourage uninfected beings to try and 'save' infected corpus and get themselves infected as a result.

This hybrid strain can also infect Necramechs. The easiest way to fight these infested necramechs is to bring your own.

Missions:

These missions work a lot like sabatoge missions, where you sabatoge various components in order to stall the infested's progress. This can range from planting bombs in strategic locations to sabatoging reactors to clearing out infested crewmembers.

I like it, but the lore behind the crash makes almost no sense. Maybe we can say that since Alad didn't care to destroy his work after reconsidering how much mass he wanted in his body, some forgotten vessels carrying experimental strains fell to these strains that mutated with time and something bigger called them to the drift.

Or you can say that Arlo wants to visit the Entrati with his mutated zealots.

Archived