Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NSW Call of the Tempestarii: Hotfix #4

Fixes:

• Fixed a crash when aborting the final phase of the Call of the Tempestarii Quest to return to the Dojo.
  • Fixed a functionality loss and game freeze when exiting the Railjack as a cinematic starts.
  • Fixed an infinite Railjack load tunnel when a Client joins from their Orbiter and tries to go to the Relay.
  • Fixed an exploit in Assassinate Bounty missions in the Orb Vallis. 
  • Fixed the "Reset Skills" button not resetting the Crew member's Competency points when using a controller.
  • Fixed Crew Contract release prompt appearing when equipping Armor pieces to a Crew member.
  • Fixed a hitch during the ‘Awakening’ Quest.
  • Fixed the Cancel button not formatted properly for controller users in HUD Colour Customization menu.
  • Fixed seeing Thermia Fractures in the World State Window/Navigation panel without having the Vox Solaris Quest complete.

The team's aware of issues with battle mod bindings on controllers! We have a fix in the works. In the meantime, here's a workaround: reset your Railjack controls to default or rebind. Thank you so much for your patience, Tenno!

22 minutes ago, (NSW)Paine6411 said:

My middle battle mod doesn't work, anything I put in the slot doesn't work.

As mentioned before, reset your Ability and/or Railjack controls in options.

Go to -Options>Controls>Customize Controller- there you will find the Ability Menu and Railjack options. 

Thanks to those who were replying about the same thing! I've been writing this as well;

For everyone asking about the offensive battle avionics (Such as Particle Ram) not working when you press Y, this might help.

Steps:

1. Go to your Options, then "Customize Controls".

2. Tab over to the "Railjack Controls", and reset them to their defaults.
    • (I'm actually not sure how it works, but it does)
    • Make sure to only reset your Railjack controls specifically, if you have a special setup for other controls in the game!
      • It will give you the option to press X in order to do it for just those things.

3. When you go back into a node like Free Flight on Earth Proxima, test your Offensive Avionics. At the very least Particle Ram should work again.
    • From what I've seen, once you save the default-ed settings, it will stay working even after you close and restart the game.
    • But... there are more details below after-the-fact. Hopefully it'll be addressed.

I actually got it to work thanks to the above, but not without some drawbacks. I'm still working on a bug report to submit as the days go on, so here's a snippet of a post I made in preparation for that:

My most recent post from: "Post-Devstream (Railjack, etc.) feedback post (The original thread closed before I could post this)"

( Copied from the thread directly )

So, some new Empyrean Bugs which may / may not be on PC as well:      (It would help to know if it's only console issues or not)

1. Offensive Avionics such as Particle Ram cannot be activated.

• A workaround for this has been to reset Railjack’s controls to default. However, after doing this Gunnery Intrinsic 9 (Flush Heat Sinks) no longer functions as far as I can tell.
      • The button I used to press for it (Before re-saving my control settings) was the reload / context action button (The Y button on Switch), but even though my controls were actually the same, something caused that intrinsic action to no longer work.

The feels:
        Spoiler

what_did_it_cost_railjack_intrinsics.png

( Paint.net's useful sometimes :) )

• I read some feedback relating to this, and it was said that if you have context action to reload set, perhaps that’s preventing the Intrinsic from working? Is there a way to fix that for those using a controller? I only ask because every other Railjack button option is taken by default, so I’d rather not sacrifice one of the ship’s basic capabilities, etc. if there’s a better route.

A reddit post asking about this as well, from a few days back;
        How do I flush heat sinks? : Warframe
        • Without that action to set to your Railjack bindings, it may be impossible until it's addressed on a hotfix, etc.; Why not add a “Flush Heat Sinks” action to the controller settings through unlocking Gunnery Rank 9?

2. Particle Ram itself  is visually bugged
    • I was surprised to see this, but even if / when you do get Offensive Avionics working again, Particle Ram appears dimmed like it was before the update. However, it's always dimmed.

Spoiler

When travelling forward in the Railjack:

bugged_particle_ram.jpg?width=692&height

Normally, the whole Ram would be as visible as that effect on the surroundings, but you can barely see the lines of it around the center of the image. It does ram into things just fine, at least.

• In this state, if the Railjack does not move forward it'll become nigh-invisible altogether while you're in the ship, like it's even more inactive.

• On the outside, it appears to be visually normal (I don't think I tested the outside of the Ram while a Crewmate is piloting).

Spoiler

bugged_particle_ram2.jpg?width=692&heigh

Not a bad example of the Odonata's texture bug, coincidentally. I did notice that bug may extend to the underside of the Archwing as well:

odonata_prime_texture_glitch_underneath.

• Not sure if this ^ part is new to update 30 or not.

• To be honest, I'm glad to have all the base actions available again (That just happens to include Particle Ram). But I hope flushing heat sinks can be done again sooner rather than later!

I've discovered a lot more than just these issues, but I don't have a lot of time to post the bug report until after I get some work done today. If anyone's curious about it, feel free to find that information on the thread I linked above. It's about as in-depth as it gets for now.

Be safe :)

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Thanks to those who were replying about the same thing! I've been writing this as well;

For everyone asking about the offensive battle avionics (Such as Particle Ram) not working when you press Y, this might help.

Steps:

1. Go to your Options, then "Customize Controls".

2. Tab over to the "Railjack Controls", and reset them to their defaults.
    • (I'm actually not sure how it works, but it does)
    • Make sure to only reset your Railjack controls specifically, if you have a special setup for other controls in the game!
      • It will give you the option to press X in order to do it for just those things.

3. When you go back into a node like Free Flight on Earth Proxima, test your Offensive Avionics. At the very least Particle Ram should work again.
    • From what I've seen, once you save the default-ed settings, it will stay working even after you close and restart the game.
    • But... there are more details below after-the-fact. Hopefully it'll be addressed.

I actually got it to work thanks to the above, but not without some drawbacks. I'm still working on a bug report to submit as the days go on, so here's a snippet of a post I made in preparation for that:

This issue was giving headaches last week since the update launched. Luckily, on Thursday I read the workaround Danielle posted on the Trello board about this for PS consoles, and tried my luck with it, successfully fixing the issue. 
In my case however, I reset Ability controls, not the Railjack ones. That’s why I mentioned both options in my previous post.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Vinn_Eonn said:

This issue was giving headaches last week since the update launched. Luckily, on Thursday I read the workaround Danielle posted on the Trello board about this for PS consoles, and tried my luck with it, successfully fixing the issue. 
In my case however, I reset Ability controls, not the Railjack ones. That’s why I mentioned both options in my previous post.

I hadn't thought about the ability controls until now, good to know.

I'm glad to hear it works on your end though! Have you figured out any way to get Flush heat Sinks to work again, if you have that intrinsic?

• (I think the best solution would be to make a key binding for it, if it was possible, as far as that goes)

1 hour ago, (NSW)Chronicle said:

Any word on a fix for Gunnery 9? Straight up doesn't work, I don't think it's bound to anything and I can't find a way to do it myself.

You are right it is not bound to anything by default. On PC you trigger this by pressing the dedicated reload button which is by default nonexistent on controller. Instead we have a "context action / reload" button which works for reloads while walking around with a frame but somehow doesn't work to trigger gunnery 9 which is imo a bug. That should work to trigger gunnery 9.

There is a workaround to use gunnery 9 atm though. The dedicated reload button does exist, it just isn't bound to anything by default. So you could just put it on something... the downside is, for some reason this button isn't an option in the dedicated railjack controls, only in the general controller bindings... so you would have to place that reload button in your general button bindings active for all missions. Which is quite dumb since the "context action / reload" actually works there and there is barely any space for that dedicated button...

On 2021-04-20 at 10:06 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Fixes:

• Fixed a crash when aborting the final phase of the Call of the Tempestarii Quest to return to the Dojo.
  • Fixed a functionality loss and game freeze when exiting the Railjack as a cinematic starts.
  • Fixed an infinite Railjack load tunnel when a Client joins from their Orbiter and tries to go to the Relay.
  • Fixed an exploit in Assassinate Bounty missions in the Orb Vallis. 
  • Fixed the "Reset Skills" button not resetting the Crew member's Competency points when using a controller.
  • Fixed Crew Contract release prompt appearing when equipping Armor pieces to a Crew member.
  • Fixed a hitch during the ‘Awakening’ Quest.
  • Fixed the Cancel button not formatted properly for controller users in HUD Colour Customization menu.
  • Fixed seeing Thermia Fractures in the World State Window/Navigation panel without having the Vox Solaris Quest complete.

Can we get a fix for not getting the drips for the new weapons. We are running 3 guys and only 1 out if 3 was getting them. Another night 2 out of 3 were

Archived