Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack - more like AFKjack

KociKreKa

I'm gonna try to keep it short. So I am encountering more and more often ppl afking in railjack missions. There almost isnt a mission where somebody isnt afk either in the back of the ship or in one of the guns. And thats the best case scenario, most of the time its 2 or 3 ppl afk, if its a pluto exterminate for example, you are gonna get host afk on pilot spot, just running around shooting random stuff that isnt objective, and 1or 2 crew afk either gunning alongside pilot non objective enemies or just straight up afk on ship, and im in the following situation like 80% of railjack missions- I do the white objective recall to ship, do the yellow hack one which is really frustrating to do solo since enemies spawn so far away from each other - recall to ship again, and if its a mission with 2 of these hacks its so slow, then i go to the corpus stanchion or whatever its called, either 1 or nobody comes with me so we almost always wait the 30 sec for the game to tp the rest and open the doors then we do the rest of the mission. These RJ missions take so much to complete already without the afks, and if you count the afks and garbage rewards I just stray further away from RJ every day. Do I really need to find premade groups for every RJ mission I want to do? I dont really mind afks in normal missions since they usually take the same time anyway with or without afks but on RJ its a super team oriented mode, I think we need some sort of proper punishment system for AFKs this cant go on for long. It seems like just everyone wants to stay on the pilot and gunner spots doing nothing and nobody wants to do the objective anyway. How about we either have a secondary objective that pilots and gunners can complete instead of going out of the RJ , or we get a system that locks ppl out of RJ so that they are forced to go and do the objectives or die in space if they AFK.

Yeah, welcome to the marvelous glory PUG RJ is and has ever been since it first dropped. People running around like headless chicken or do nothing at all. 

The only intervention I can think of (and I don't know if it's technically possible) would be that you get separated in a solo instance if the rest do nothing (so no controller input nothing, doing not the objective and shooting fighters is something different). Or they build in a method so that you decide to create a solo instance of that mission any time with no rewards lost.

But if you want relaxing teamplay you should really try recruit or if you do anything by yourself anyway use the botcrew. 

Also I want to say that RJ is not super team oriented. You just get stuff done faster like in most other missions. It's not like there are mechanics that require a coordinated squad interaction. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Helverin said:

Yeah, welcome to the marvelous glory PUG RJ is and has ever been since it first dropped. People running around like headless chicken or do nothing at all. 

The only intervention I can think of (and I don't know if it's technically possible) would be that you get separated in a solo instance if the rest do nothing (so no controller input nothing, doing not the objective and shooting fighters is something different). Or they build in a method so that you decide to create a solo instance of that mission any time with no rewards lost.

But if you want relaxing teamplay you should really try recruit or if you do anything by yourself anyway use the botcrew. 

Also I want to say that RJ is not super team oriented. You just get stuff done faster like in most other missions. It's not like there are mechanics that require a coordinated squad interaction. 

How comes, other missions not counting interception are usually either the same time with other ppl or faster solo, while RJ is so much travelling and objectives that if everyone does the mission takes like 7 min and if only 1 person does it its like 15 min.

For example captures, exterminates,hives are much faster solo, survival doesnt matter, and defence is questionable since most ppl are useless anyway so its either a bit faster with others or straight up doesnt matter. Only spy,interception and defection are faster with others id say and not by much. Unlike RJ where its literally 2-3 times slower when solo.

On 2021-05-08 at 5:56 PM, KociKreKa said:

or we get a system that locks ppl out of RJ so that they are forced to go and do the objectives or die in space if they AFK.

As one who is really railjack party clueless (and not AFK'ing in railjack parties), I am actually FOR such a change, it could help me to know I need to go to somewhere important :)

I hope though it would be made clear to which of the objectives we should be going then.

On 2021-05-08 at 4:56 PM, KociKreKa said:

you are gonna get host afk on pilot spot, just running around shooting random stuff that isnt objective, and 1or 2 crew afk either gunning alongside pilot non objective enemies

They are not away from keyboard if they do something, even if that's not the objective.

On 2021-05-08 at 4:56 PM, KociKreKa said:

It seems like just everyone wants to stay on the pilot and gunner spots doing nothing and nobody wants to do the objective anyway.

I don't blame them. Many people play Empyrean for space battles, they can play ground missions in normal nodes -- moreso in Corpus Empyrean, which are ground missions with space intros. The addition of Corpus Empyrean disappointed many players on that part.

On 2021-05-11 at 2:08 PM, maycne.sonahoz said:

They are not away from keyboard if they do something, even if that's not the objective.

I don't blame them. Many people play Empyrean for space battles, they can play ground missions in normal nodes -- moreso in Corpus Empyrean, which are ground missions with space intros. The addition of Corpus Empyrean disappointed many players on that part.

I know what afk means and there is no point in you playing dumb not understanding what i meant, also if you wanna roleplay ship pilot just go solo and dont ruin the experience for 3 other people.

Isnt the main reason for people not doing anything to help that they want to level their stuff? 

As far as i know the exp gain in railjack makes all affinity go to the plexus for anything you kill, but stuff your team kill is split, and thus allows you to level weapons and frames. So its basically designed to make people do nothing if they want to level things other than the plexus in railjack.

5 hours ago, Vahenir said:

As far as i know the exp gain in railjack makes all affinity go to the plexus for anything you kill, but stuff your team kill is split, and thus allows you to level weapons and frames. So its basically designed to make people do nothing if they want to level things other than the plexus in railjack.

Yup - that.

DE basically intend for players to sit around doing nothing in railjack. That's why they changed things so that you only get XP for your gear if you never do anything. It's the same way they decided that energy should no longer be a balancing factor and let small child mode zenurik dash completely refill your giant spaceship's power banks. Or that your warframe's proper role is that of a stat stick and that you must equip Flow in order to use all your abilities on a completely unrelated piece of gear.

Archived