Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Task System is Broken!

(PSN)Tradesman2

Over the last two weeks the Nightwave system has completely broken down for me on PS4.   I have already *lost* no less than 10 dailies, and had 14 weeklies auto-complete.

1)The Daily Nightwave tasks show as completed without me doing them. No standing is awarded.  The current (new) daily task will be shown incomplete about 50% of the time I login. If it shows as incomplete, I must complete it during that play session or it will 100% of the time show as completed the next time I login and award no standing with no way to do it.    The other 50% of the time, the daily will show as already completed when I login for the first time that day.

2) Last week and this week, every weekly challenge and elite ( all 7) show as fully completed on my 1st login of the week.  There is no way to complete them or get standing for them.

3) Once a task is shown as completed it stays that way.  A few months ago I had some challenges show up as completed but then it somehow fixed itself as I documented on the forums here. This is no longer the case.  Once a daily says its complete it never corrects before timing out and dropping off the list.   The weeklies act the same so far, staying completed for the whole week.

4)  Tonight on login I had some recovered weeklies from the auto-completed list of last week's challenges.  So at best all I can do is limp along at the drip feeding of 1-3 out of sync weeklies from the prior week.  The dailies don't recover so those are just lost.  I have no way to do any current weekly tasks, which will make it much harder to team with others since any of my challenges will be a week behind everyone at best.

5) Will test to see what happens to the recovered weeklies I did not finish, will they be listed as completed  when I log back in tomorrow? will they still be listed as recovered and able to be completed?  We shall find out.

Bit of an informational update here:

A couple days into the second auto-completed week, the 1st week's weekly challenges started to come up as *recovered*.  I did a few such as do 1 sortie, do 3 capture missions, and was able to do the daily for that day ( I think it was deploy a glyph in mission).   I logged out and came back online later that same day.

When I came back online, the recovered challenges were gone and now the previous completed 2 dailies ( blast damage and finishers) and the current week ( all 7) were open, ready to be completed.  I did the dailies and a couple weeklies like do 3 spy missions before logging out.

I have no idea what to expect on my next login tomorrow.  Its gone from reliable, to reliably glitched to seeming totally random.  If it all goes away again I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling.

• 2 weeks later...

Many Dailies were lost and never came back, but the weeklies have continued to work for the last couple weeks.  This current week the dailies have all auto completed and glitched out so they cannot be done and standing cannot be earned. 

From my experience it is near 100% that if I do not do any missions and do not leave the orbiter, the daily task will show as completed on next login and be unrecoverable.   I almost always have to do the daily challenge the day it appears and on the first login of that day, otherwise it bugs out and becomes listed as complete without getting any standing.

This isn't really going to matter for this current nightwave, as there is enough time to finish it prob 3-4 times over before it gets changed to a new one, but it would be very frustrating if not fixed before the new series begins.

Archived