Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"lore Unfriendly Pumpkin Heads? How About No."

SolidSp33d

Stand back guys, I'm going to try thinking something...something.....different!!!

How about some DE add some holiday type stuff that is lore friendly. As in traditional customs/holidays and stuff within Warframe's universe that are counterparts to ours.

I mean it's in the future and it's not crazy to think that the old cultures and customs stuck over time, of course changing, and kind of being reborn in a sense. Items that would fit within that context would be nice, and come with some nice lore as well.

P.S. Some people aren't noticing the quotes around the title. I'm not saying that like I mean it I'm QUOTING. The post should be in better context now. I love the bunny ears and pumpkin heads. I'm just proposing a compromise that some people can't seem to think of themselves

Edited by SolidSp33d

I wouldn't expect anything as extravagant as dressing up, decorating a tree, or anything like that. Considering the Tenno (based on the Dojo design) seem to be minimalist. I'm not sure how they would celebrate certain things. If anything, I'd figure they would do traditional Asian celebrations, but scaled down considerably.

YOU ARE RUINING THE FIRST GRINEER HALLOWEEN IN MILLENIA!

HAHA! I'M THE GRINCH WHO STOLE HALLOWEEN!

lol but actually I have quotes around the title because I'm tired of people saying stuff like "UH NO NOT LORE FRIENDLY" Like it's just for a little fun and I like the pumpkins and stuff. I figured I'd give the buzzkills something to consider as an alternative since they aren't too great at doing it themselves.

I soz buzzkills

Edited by SolidSp33d

I understand you come from a logical viewpoint, but come on, I understand a lot of players enjoy their Roleplay here, as it's a very immersing game, especially since it's PVE, not PVP. But look at it this way: In the real world, outside of Lore, outside of Warframe IT IS Halloween, and it is a game, for fun, even if the lore is countered in a sense, why does it matter? Have some fun with it for a few days of blasting Pumpkins in the face, and go back to normal. Lastly, if you REALLY disagree with this, pretend they're not there, if you're THAT into Roleplay that it bothers you, I'm sure you could simply say it's not there, and that's the end of it, pretend it's not, imagine it so.

But most importantly, while you have an issue with it, you need to think about the other 99% of the playerbase.

at halloween the infested get stronger and mutate even more so.

That would be cool. An accurate like that for the infested at coincidentally happens on Halloween. That is sure to gauge reaction from people as rumours go around in regards to the date, and some spookiness around the day would be recognized. Uncovering the mysterious occurence would make a great Halloween event.

YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS!

I understand you come from a logical viewpoint, but come on, I understand a lot of players enjoy their Roleplay here, as it's a very immersing game, especially since it's PVE, not PVP. But look at it this way: In the real world, outside of Lore, outside of Warframe IT IS Halloween, and it is a game, for fun, even if the lore is countered in a sense, why does it matter? Have some fun with it for a few days of blasting Pumpkins in the face, and go back to normal. Lastly, if you REALLY disagree with this, pretend they're not there, if you're THAT into Roleplay that it bothers you, I'm sure you could simply say it's not there, and that's the end of it, pretend it's not, imagine it so.

But most importantly, while you have an issue with it, you need to think about the other 99% of the playerbase.

Maybe I didn't make it clear. I don't think that way. The title is in quotes for a reason. Who do you think I'm quoting and poking fun at? The type of people you are describing.

Stand back guys, I'm going to try thinking something...something.....different!!!

How about some DE add some holiday type stuff that is lore friendly. As in traditional customs/holidays and stuff within Warframe's universe that are counterparts to ours.

I mean it's in the future and it's not crazy to think that the old cultures and customs stuck over time, of course changing, and kind of being reborn in a sense. Items that would fit within that context would be nice, and come with some nice lore as well.

P.S. Some people aren't noticing the quotes around the title. I'm not saying that like I mean it I'm QUOTING. The post should be in better context now. I love the bunny ears and pumpkin heads. I'm just proposing a compromise that some people can't seem to think of themselves

For it to be in the universe the universe needs established story.

Blatant Pls <3

Yeah. Silliness aside - I'm in favor of DE inventing a few Grineer or Corpus holidays. It doesn't really make much of a difference to me.

But I'll be honest - I value the little shreds of down right silliness in the game. The tone is typically very serious so bits of silly are nice.