Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To DE: here are some ideas for new missions/game modes/replay value

Jackdarsan

So hear me out, was thinking of alternative game modes and missions and wanted to just give my 2 cents and get it out on the forums and then forget about it since DE do whatever they want in the end. Also 100% sure these are not new or original ideas and maybe someone has already suggested them, idk, couldn't find a thread on this. 

For PVE: Reverse missions: (my working title is 'mirrored star chart') as a way to get people back into the star chart like steel path did, can even have its own rewards and such. 

Tenno play the role that the other factions typically play. As examples;

- spy/rescue/capture mission, we are to defend the vaults/jailed person from being raided/taken 

- Defense /Mobile defense, have to kill what is being defended. 

- Defection, we need to kill the factions before they can leave the ship. 

Some people say it might be too easy but hey Steel path wasn't all the hard, its just something that can be added to the game and DE could make it with even harder bots then SP since it is reverse. 

For PVP: additions to Conclave or could be separate;

- Tag or whatever you call that game where if you tag someone they join you  to tag others until time runs out or if you tag them all you win. 

- hide and seek, where we can either have you randomly chosen and hider or seeker. Also we can have you hid as normal base frames or as objects. 

- Vehicles(K-drives and mechs or even add other vehicles to collect) to have races with other players. 

- Along the lines of animal captures and pokemon, capture the animals and level them up and battle them. Not sure if that can be PVP or just PVE.  

For side challenges, obstacle course and extras.

- There is only about 208 challenges currently and I think the last 3 are bugged since I'm stuck at 205.  Simply having more challenges per planet or mission type (to get people back in the star charts). Or allow players to set challengers so there can be sub categories to this section. No real rewards like how the challenges are today but just to have something to work towards or try to get. 

- So I have seen obstacle courses in Dojos but was thinking why not allow players to build course for speed runs or don't get hit or don't touch the ground (floor is lava). This could be an area next to the dojo on the star chart to get the more creative players juice's flowing then just in the dojos. 

- (Edit note) - wanted to edit and add this last item, have the option to pick what you want to scan with cephalon simaris, so we can scan those missing factions or objects to complete the codex.  Would love to have this option since I already did the ones that he offers. 

So that is everything I think, am really into this game and currently have been only logging for the NW missions but even that I have ran out of things to do/buy since there is nothing new. 

Just wanting to give some ideas and hope some new things can be added to extend the game play and more selfishly wanting to be able to play more content :). What you think?

3 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

Tenno play the role that the other factions typically play. As examples;

- spy/rescue/capture mission, we are to defend the vaults/jailed person from being raided/taken 

- Defense /Mobile defense, have to kill what is being defended. 

- Defection, we need to kill the factions before they can leave the ship. 

• So, defense (especially Operative-style defense as in Sorties)? Mob def? Disruption (literally protecting a treasure vault from being kaboomed, per the flavour commentary)?
  • Assassination? Sabotage?
  • Capture?

Maybe I'm being a little bit reductionist, but still. It's not like we don't do those things.

On 2021-06-17 at 5:40 PM, TheLexiConArtist said:

Maybe I'm being a little bit reductionist, but still. It's not like we don't do those things.

Yes I agree with you, we do already do these things but wanted to give an idea for adding content that wouldn't change the whole game play and fit with the games lore. You know like the glass maker could of trapped the Tenno in a mirror and you had to get through the star chart (that is mirrored) to escape. IDK Steel path gave life back into the star chart and I love replay value maybe more then the next person so was thinking of how we could go through the star chart once more but with a little twist. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been thinking of such a thing for soooo long. I think for reverse defense missions there would be several extremely powerful gaurds like a kuva guardian, or a new enemy perhaps a manic drahk master that can charge up his steal weapon attack twice as fast or a manic ballista 

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing a mission type that focused more on parkour than combat
like, the tileset rework they did for jupiter that added a lot of parkour-heavy tiles? I'd really like to see 5-10 of these parkour tiles added to every set with a single high-difficulty one that always precedes the extraction, and then just have a mission where every tile has like an 80% chance to be one of those, where the mission objective is to retrieve a datamass from a side path with another uniquely difficult challenge tile, then take it off to extraction
Would they get old after a while, once you've learned the most efficient means of getting through every tile? Yeah, sure, but at least you would enjoy them quite a bit before that - and more importantly, they could serve as a nice palate-cleanser between grinding sessions, kindof like how we use Spy missions sometimes. Veteran players know the optimal means for getting through every single spy vault in the system, but that doesn't mean it's not a refreshing break from the endless extermination and defense and survival and so on and so on

On 2021-07-04 at 4:06 AM, DaraSilverDragon said:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing a mission type that focused more on parkour than combat
like, the tileset rework they did for jupiter that added a lot of parkour-heavy tiles?

Wasn't even thinking it be a mission type but that's a good idea to expand the star chart could easily add one to each planet.

Was just thinking it could be a cool player made challenge much like how other games have player made maps/tracks to race through. 

Archived