Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Throwing Knives as Melee Weapons?

(XBOX)Varzin

Had a fun idea recently and wanted to know what others thought of it. 

You know how if you have Garuda equipped but no melee weapon you gain access to her talons as melee weapons? What if we used the same concept for throwing knives? I mean they are blades after all, why not use them as such? Each throwing knife could have an alternate set of stats and mod configs for melee. Or if separate modding goes to far you could treat it like each melee hit equals a direct hit from a thrown knife, calculate damage, crit, status, etc based on the equipped pistol mods. In lieu of having a special throwing knife stance they could just as easily use dual daggers stances. I imagine the main drawback would be an abnormally low melee range since throwing knives are so small. 

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Thought complete...

... Oh wait, you want us to tell what it is...

... Nah, can't say what it is, its too kinky in more ways than one...

You've been reading too many lich romance threads! 😆

On-topic, I'm not mad on the idea. We've already got far more melee weapons than we'll ever need, and throwing knives kind of have their special niche in being one of the few innately silent secondaries, even if most of them are quite bad these days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-06-22 at 2:38 PM, Uhkretor said:

... Nah, can't say what it is, its too kinky in more ways than one...

On 2021-06-22 at 2:45 PM, Dualice said:

You've been reading too many lich romance threads! 😆

Wait... what... Lich romance threads. That catch me off guard. Welcome to the internet (little +18 song).

On 2021-06-22 at 2:23 PM, (XBOX)Varzin said:

Had a fun idea recently and wanted to know what others thought of it. 

You know how if you have Garuda equipped but no melee weapon you gain access to her talons as melee weapons? What if we used the same concept for throwing knives? I mean they are blades after all, why not use them as such? Each throwing knife could have an alternate set of stats and mod configs for melee. Or if separate modding goes to far you could treat it like each melee hit equals a direct hit from a thrown knife, calculate damage, crit, status, etc based on the equipped pistol mods. In lieu of having a special throwing knife stance they could just as easily use dual daggers stances. I imagine the main drawback would be an abnormally low melee range since throwing knives are so small. 

Thoughts?

So.... a gunblade?

Archived