Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Hijack makes no sense

ZeroShiftEngage

Setting aside how annoying Hijack is (which I shouldn't, because f*** Hijack), why do the Grineer troops keep trying to destroy the Fomorian Core? Even if you assume they don't know it'll nuke the place, they surely must know that Vay Hek will annihilate them if anything bad happens to it. So why do they keep trying to blow it up, despite the fact that doing so will anger their extremely violent and unhinged leader? He even specifically says things like "don't come back without the core" or "failure to retrieve the core will result in your failure to continue breathing." Even the dumbest Lancer has to realise that means "if you f*** this up I'll kill you." How much clearer could he be that he does NOT want them to damage/destroy this exceptionally valuable object?

12 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

idk when it was introduced but it was previously the part of raids/trails (it had insane difficulty and needed team coordination). so maybe they just put it as normal mission as well, just for sake.

It definitely didn't have insane difficulty, or even a gear check or dps check of any kind. The team coordination wasn't too bad, it was another part of the raid that required more coordination that could be very frustrating.

The Nightmare version of the raid made the hijack much more unforgiving but the Law of Retribution raids weren't a huge deal to pull off. Jordas Verdict was one I couldn't properly wrap my brain around because the various areas of the inside of the ship all looked exactly the same to me.

The one infested salvage node (I wish there were more, it's a fun mode) is a throwback from the Jordas Verdict, incidentally.

3 hours ago, Dauggie said:

idk when it was introduced but it was previously the part of raids/trails (it had insane difficulty and needed team coordination). so maybe they just put it as normal mission as well, just for sake.

Like most old game modes it was first introduced as event called Tethras Doom in U12.4 ( ~7 years ago ) , it was way before Raids .

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tethra's_Doom

As for why grineer try to destroy it despite the fact that the thing can gone nuclear it was never explained .

d7aovdq-35cd05d4-5c76-495e-aac4-fd945a6a

Archived