Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Solo "special" missions remain infuriating.

Mannikins

The Railjack nonsense wild ride never ends but lately it has gotten pleasant enough with the addition of your own personal crew that I had been looking forward to progress further on it. Everything RAILJACK related has become more bearable - except the actual missions outside the basics remain pants on head ridiculous.

Let's first board the fact that for some god forsaken reason you STILL don't get Intrinsics if you fail a mission. You can do 9/10ths of a mission spanning up to 40+ minutes of solo playtime, get screwed over last second, and enjoy a ride back with nothing (save perhaps an open relic and some spare flotsam.) - insulting, but hey, I guess it's not so bad if the missions themselves are-

Nope.
Volatile? Entirely RNG based success with timers and pipes with bugged hitboxes that can spawn through so many waves of enemies, you may not even get to them in time.
Orphix? Haha good luck with that. In the time you can kill a single Orphix solo, two more have spawned, softlocking you into inevitably losing the mission without you being able to do anything about it.
Veil Proxima? I sure do enjoy having a hull breach every five steps, forcing everything into a permanent slugfest with the most tedious progress humanity can conceive - so let's put a Void Storm on top to get any of the actual drops you need from this game mode, so that it becomes every two steps instead of five - and double down on the RNG chances you might not even get the last step of the job done!

Please, for the love of god, if you are going to keep these absurd game modes as part of Railjack quests and not even give a chance to salvage the mission (or at the very least change the timers to suit the fact Railjack pretty much has to be played exclusively solo), at LEAST provide Intrinsics and compensatory returns for the likelyhood of failure it will involve. It's infuriating to the degree of needing to whine about it, which I have never felt the need to before.

13 minutes ago, Mannikins said:

The Railjack nonsense wild ride never ends but lately it has gotten pleasant enough with the addition of your own personal crew that I had been looking forward to progress further on it. Everything RAILJACK related has become more bearable - except the actual missions outside the basics remain pants on head ridiculous.

Let's first board the fact that for some god forsaken reason you STILL don't get Intrinsics if you fail a mission. You can do 9/10ths of a mission spanning up to 40+ minutes of solo playtime, get screwed over last second, and enjoy a ride back with nothing (save perhaps an open relic and some spare flotsam.) - insulting, but hey, I guess it's not so bad if the missions themselves are-

Nope.
Volatile? Entirely RNG based success with timers and pipes with bugged hitboxes that can spawn through so many waves of enemies, you may not even get to them in time.
Orphix? Haha good luck with that. In the time you can kill a single Orphix solo, two more have spawned, softlocking you into inevitably losing the mission without you being able to do anything about it.
Veil Proxima? I sure do enjoy having a hull breach every five steps, forcing everything into a permanent slugfest with the most tedious progress humanity can conceive - so let's put a Void Storm on top to get any of the actual drops you need from this game mode, so that it becomes every two steps instead of five - and double down on the RNG chances you might not even get the last step of the job done!

Please, for the love of god, if you are going to keep these absurd game modes as part of Railjack quests and not even give a chance to salvage the mission (or at the very least change the timers to suit the fact Railjack pretty much has to be played exclusively solo), at LEAST provide Intrinsics and compensatory returns for the likelyhood of failure it will involve. It's infuriating to the degree of needing to whine about it, which I have never felt the need to before.

Did you upgrade anything in your Railjack? I have a suspicion that you did not bother to upgrade your Railjack Hull...

Volatile needs you to be aware of your surroundings. Not your average brain dead Warframe star chart missions.

Orphix? Not doable without fully modded Necramech past Venus.

Veil Proxima? You need to upgrade your ship.

My ship is entirely upgraded to the limits available. All my instrinsics are at the very least at 6 to 8. So nah.

Volatile awareness is irrelevant. It's simply softlocked behind having to use specific weapons that can bypass the bugged hitboxes of the pipes and CC spamming. It's pretty much braindead spam of a different kind riddled with poor hitboxes - which is what I am rising as a complaint.

And yes, the the fact Orphix missions are still a guaranteed failure unless you are on a fully forma'd Voidrig that even then has a chance of failing the mission based on what nooks and crannies the resonators end up spawning in is exactly what I am talking about; ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Mannikins said:

It's simply softlocked behind having to use specific weapons that can bypass the bugged hitboxes of the pipes and CC spamming

... In the meantime, me casually blowing those up with Despair and no punchthrough mods...

1 hour ago, Mannikins said:

My ship is entirely upgraded to the limits available. All my instrinsics are at the very least at 6 to 8. So nah.

Volatile awareness is irrelevant. It's simply softlocked behind having to use specific weapons that can bypass the bugged hitboxes of the pipes and CC spamming. It's pretty much braindead spam of a different kind riddled with poor hitboxes - which is what I am rising as a complaint.

And yes, the the fact Orphix missions are still a guaranteed failure unless you are on a fully forma'd Voidrig that even then has a chance of failing the mission based on what nooks and crannies the resonators end up spawning in is exactly what I am talking about; ridiculous.

Then how come you are constantly getting Hull Breaches? A MKIII House Plate is enough to make your Railjack almost unkillable while in use.

Specific weapons? I can shoot them with projectile weapons just fine. I rarely use CC tactic and can still do the mission normally.

So, if you know that you are unprepared to do the mission then why complain? Maybe it's time to visit Deimos and do something about it. Not everything in Warframe can be completed in one go.

If we are talking about soloing Corpus missions:

• Volatile is really easy
  • Exterminate is easy
  • Orphix is quite hard
  • Defense is boring beyond belief

If you have your ship and crew in order, your Railjack is basically unkillable in Veil Proxima. I've NEVER had a hull breach my trusty crewman/-woman did not repair in time.

And I've never experienced any hitbox problems in Volatile, the only "problem" comes from when the RNG swarms you with several "resetting"-engineers at the same time (which is a bit stressful depending on which warframe you have, but fortunately quite uncommon).

My only gripe is with the Defense mission, which reminds me of a perfectly statistically designed movie that is an hour too long. A few minutes in you know all that is going to happen, you've seen everything before and all you are looking forward to is "the end", which arrives much (MUCH) to slowly. When you finally get to leave you are chock-full of adrenaline from the irritation of having wasted part of your life on the most tedious and boring map/mission in Warframe. Which leads to hours of introspection and a burning need to visit a psychiatrist ("why did I do this, why..."). So I tend to avoid the Defense mission...

On 2021-06-26 at 11:36 AM, Mannikins said:

And yes, the the fact Orphix missions are still a guaranteed failure unless you are on a fully forma'd Voidrig that even then has a chance of failing the mission based on what nooks and crannies the resonators end up spawning in is exactly what I am talking about

Alternatively, something with punchthrough or mass AoE damage. The Fluctus was a favourite for the event, I personally used a Kuva Ayanga to equally good effect. Orphixes have ferrite armour, so mod for corrosive damage.

For reference, I have very little interest in going into spaceship corpusland because it seems that each and every single mission requires you to do an on-foot segment. They're annoying enough in Grineer missions, but it's even worse with Corpus who seem to be riddled with inexplicable damage reduction and BS gimmicks.

And if what I've heard about corpus crewships is true (that they have these invincible shields that automatically face you if someone shoots them... like my AI gunners and pilot), then that's really not helping the annoyance factor any. You'll never be able to get a shot off without manually taking each and every gunner and pilot out of their roles beforehand, which is just obnoxious.

The icing on the cake is the whole energy change system. It both completely deletes ship energy as balancing factor for all ability usage and also mandates a frame with PFlow as pilot. Which is incredibly stupid for both gameplay and story reasons.

Oh, and the whole "you don't get XP if your AI crew kill things" BS. And the "you don't get weapon XP if you're gunning" equal BS. Because obviously we don't have enough leeching in the game already and so they need to make standing around in the cargo hold the optimal choice if you have anything at all that needs leveling.

No, I've very little interest in Railjack since the nerfwork. I banked 1024 intrinsics during a double XP weekend by Ivara backstabbing a bunch of Veil Grineer (which combined with a sortie XP booster, a MR30 XP blessing and was very fast) and that told me all I need to know about new Railjack's balance.

Archived